Any RebirthRO people here?

Started by Doctor, Nov 02, 2008, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor

Ancyker's "Choosing a GM"

A good GM is never seen nor heard, except when they need to be. GMs shouldn't sit in the middle of Prontera unhidden. The only time a GM should be seen or heard is when there is a problem. If anyone wanting GM has a problem with that, they are just in it to show off and wouldn't make a very good GM anyway.

A GM should just magically appear when there is a problem, and just as so, disappear when the problem is resolved.

GMs should NOT abuse broadcast, and only use it to announce IMPORTANT things (like the server going down, etc) that effect the server immediately. Things that should not be announced are things such as new NPCs or new features just added. Those go in a news section on your site.

And on that note, GMs need to keep users informed. Users like active GMs, a lot of times this is mistaken and assumed to mean active in game and visible. That is untrue. Active means informing users of what's going. If the server is down, explain why BEFORE it's back up! (Unless it's back up instantly) User hate being uninformed, make sure they know as much as possible, the more they know about what's going on the happier they will be.

Events don't need to have a glamerous reward, I know it sounds lame, but events can just be for fun, they only need an item to back them up if they are lame. People have set up plays, @summoned monster fights (usually called pokemon), and other things. You don't need to back up every event with a reward of some kind. Events also don't need to always take place in game. They can be on your forum.

And the most ironic part of the post
And although it's off topic somewhat, here is some input on what to do about donations:

Just because they have money they get an advantage, other users don't see that as fair. You know, there are plenty of items that don't give any advantage at all; they just look cool!

You can add more custom head gear that has no bonuses, or new pets that have no actions. They look cool, help them show off, but when it comes down to it they have no real advantage.

What pisses people off is they work hours or even days or weeks to get an item, and someone donates 15 bucks and has it handed to them. A way to get around that is to have special items that are only given to donaters with no other way to get them; AGAIN they should give that player no advantage, aside from looking awesome.

Another option is, say you have a cool hat that is red, you could have a thing where if a user donates $10 and that hat, they get a blue one. They still worked for the hat, they only donated to make it a different color. And, since they worked for the hat, it can still do something as an advantage. If the red hat gave +2 VIT, so can the blue one (remember, they already had it, your just making it a different color).

Another edit:
If you donate to a charity, you either get nothing or something with their logo on it. It shows you helped them out. It doesn't give you the ability to fly, walk twice as fast, or anything like that; so why should your items?

Now, Is it just me, or has he gone against pretty much every one of those statements?

Discuss; Irony, Y/N?

Rekenber

Yes.

RebirthRO's GMs had a huge downfall after the GM rebellion.

Hutchy

Rebirth = fail. Happy I left when I did.
Posted on: Nov 02, 2008, 03:00 pm
WHOA WHOA WHOA. WAIT.

Did he really just say a good GM is never seen or heard?

Well that explains why he runs Rebirth so horribly then. ^^;

Rekenber

lol

If a GM doesn't annouce his/her presence and can't be seen, then how would people ask for his/her help concerning an immediate problem?

Somebody ought to slap some sense into him.

Scars

A pet that gets paid by the server owner and barks really loudly cause he is nothing.

Too harsh?

Not to mention the way he thinks is like no others, aka an Idiot.

Hutchy

Quote from: Rekenber on Nov 02, 2008, 11:37 PM
lol

If a GM doesn't annouce his/her presence and can't be seen, then how would people ask for his/her help concerning an immediate problem?

Somebody ought to slap some sense into him.

People have been trying to slap sense into him for at least a year and a half now. All I've seen from him in return is a load of temper tantrums. I wonder how old he is.

Rekenber

Time passes without me noticing. XD

How's RebirthRO getting worse these days? I would've checked myself except I'm IP banned for supporting an old GM's action against Syphon.

They hate people posting the truth. D:

Doctor

Yeah, one of Lains friends, got banned by ancyker, because she disbanded the guild she owned. And he didnt like that.

And I was bored, so sitting in morroc, and every  30 minutes, he kept doing fail invasions. So I decided to start swearing at him, Because, I for one, am not scared of getting banned. Even if ive got "leethax" gear and high levels. I dont see GM's any different than players. If I want to flame them, I will.

Loki

I want my money back  >:(

Seriously...when I first joined, I was still 14, knew nothing about balance and Over-Powered. I joined because I thought "Hey, this must be a good server because there's over 1k players online!" I begin to like the server and thought I should support it by donating. So I begged my brother to donate for me(I payed him back though, that was 3 months of pocket-money). After that, my brother asked me "Hey, what Items do you want?" So my brother showed me the OP items. I got them knowing it was unfair, played for a bit and realize my mistake. Quit this fail server.

I heard they're trying to make non-donate WoE. Hope it works well. I might come back just for that.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Hutchy

I played the lowrate, and for most of my time there, GMs were *never* online. There was one, Boots, who was sincere and tried to maintain the forums despite having a "blown up video card" or something, but over the six months I played, she never got her card replaced. I'm not quite sure how she remained a GM. XD I remember she told me she was going to marry me to my partner, and so we waited where she told us to wait for about an hour... she never showed up. Waste of about 20 people's time. Turns out she was in PVP with another GM. ><;

The other GMs only showed up to @item things for their friends, or yell and mute people. I remember after the first rollback took place in May-ish, GM Norris (who is now fired) said something like "Okay, so who wants to get banned for not shutting the f*** up?" After he was fired for corruption, they hired one of his best friends. GOOD MOVE. The other GM, Seara, spoke very little English and was incredibly rude.

Player: I'm sorry to bother you Seara, but-
Seara: YEAH YOU'D BETTER BE.

Player: I accidentally warped out of the event, can I please have a recall back in?
Seara: Hmm, let me think about it... NO! ^_^

Then there was the fact that she generally knew nothing about the game. Whenever anyone asked her a question, she just kind of spammed emotes and said she didn't know how to help them.

I had made a forum post suggesting people get more/better lowrate GMs, but for anyone here who played there, they'll remember that LR was incredibly... neglected. It wasn't as big as MR, so Syphon didn't care about it at all. Didn't bring in as much money. I would direct everyone to these posts if they hadn't, you know, wiped their forums.

I could complain for hours about that place, really, but I'm probably off-topic already, so I'll just stop now. XD
Posted on: Nov 02, 2008, 11:59 pm
For old time's sake, I logged into my Rebirth forum account this afternoon. Apparently there was another rollback in the beginning of October, and people still haven't gotten their stuff back.

Same ol' tricks.

Loki

They're always planning stuff for the server but instead, the move backwards. Pssh...

I think I saw a player named Poki in MR. A female char. Not sure if its the Poki here :P
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.