Anti-Spam Crap

Started by Usagimimi, Mar 04, 2011, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usagimimi

Wtf is 4+A supposed to equal?

If I can't even register to ask you guys a question, wtf would I download your server?

Anyone else gotten stupid or silly anti-spam / captchas?

The answer was 4A, but it doesn't really make sense unless you read it a bunch of times. One would expect from anti-spam to be something like 4+1=5, not 4+A = whut? Did we not learn about coherents and stuff in algebra? Can't mix apples and oranges people, or variables and constants.

Find a different anti-spam. Is having captcha not good enough nowadays?

Orange

I've seen "what are the server rates" for a 7/7/5 and the answer was 7/7/7/5(exp jexp questexp droprate)

Quest exp was only listed ingame with @rates.
:3

yC

Answer is 4A?  Wow if (x + 1) can be simplified to 1x which is just x then math would have been much more simpler xD.

I had one time try to register to a forum where the captcha code has "ycsux" in it.  Can't find the ss for it anymore, I have it somewhere.

Signify

Quote from: yC on Mar 05, 2011, 12:46 AM
I had one time try to register to a forum where the captcha code has "ycsux" in it.  Can't find the ss for it anymore, I have it somewhere.
Rofl. Seems the forum admin had it in for you from the start :P

Buckyx

you know letter A=10?? in higher "number system(dunno how its called)", brain stopped? anyway 4+10=14

DarkDevine

Buckyx, you're talking about the hexadecimal system, but it isn't meant here.

Just think about it, how easy would it be for a bot to solve a single math question.
That way the captcha of CookieRO is now, you can somewhat be sure that bots don't get to the solution, you may need a few tries yourself, but at least no bot can solve it.

As for CookieRO, the time wasted in that captcha is worth every second playing on the server.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Buckyx

i can register new account when i type there 14