An efficient way of dealing with reports?

Started by Kaid, Jan 21, 2008, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaid

I really,really... Hate the report section drama for it is ugly,not very smart & again UGLY.
Instead i made this

But this thing doesn't really look very friendly so what would you choose as a player? Reports are part of the daily life of a RO server after all.

PHP LOG script or forum stories?

Mewi

Punish center XD  Thats a nice name.  Forum threads are great for listing players who acquired punishment... if they are placed in appropriate order.  However this looks a lot better, but it's important that it can be publicly viewed ;3

Kaid

oh it is, i just put a redirection link for it on our forums.

I'l fix that name, someday....

Zone

It looks like a great management utility.

lol mannnnnnnnnnnnn its so hard to deal with reports =/
there seems to be no right way to do it Dx

just go with wat ever works best for u i guess

Mewi

Quote from: JJJ on Jan 22, 2008, 12:12 AM

I also listed them in a daily report post, and had a stickied thread of every person banned sorted based on the date in which they were banned.  A link on the char name to the original ban topic

Example:

November 2007

11-02-07 - Permanent Ban - Mewi - For stealing my cookie.

Zone

Quote from: Mewi on Jan 22, 2008, 07:44 AM
Quote from: JJJ on Jan 22, 2008, 12:12 AM

I also listed them in a daily report post, and had a stickied thread of every person banned sorted based on the date in which they were banned.  A link on the char name to the original ban topic

Example:

November 2007

11-02-07 - Permanent Ban - Mewi - For stealing my cookie.
That is what is normal, and it is effective. If people don't read then it is their own problem.
btw, what kind of cookie? ;<

lol ya but the prob is some ppl may clam its unfair that no one gave talked to them in person and gave them a warning Dx it happens trust me some ppl r just like that Dx

PS: lol u banned the wronger person i took the cookie! and it was chocolate =P

Zone

Quote from: JJJ on Jan 22, 2008, 07:54 PM
lol ya but the prob is some ppl may clam its unfair that no one gave talked to them in person and gave them a warning Dx it happens trust me some ppl r just like that Dx

Sexual material, images, an sending it to many people and more than once is harassment, it is sexual images so it is sexual harassment.
That should be covered in the rules, if someone doesn't read the rules, then it is their own problem.

Kaid

Quote from: Zone on Jan 22, 2008, 09:09 PM
Quote from: JJJ on Jan 22, 2008, 07:54 PM

Sexual material, images, an sending it to many people and more than once is harassment, it is sexual images so it is sexual harassment.
That should be covered in the rules, if someone doesn't read the rules, then it is their own problem.
what are you talking about...

erm? when did sexual harassment come into play? o.o

Kaid

Quote from: JJJ on Jan 23, 2008, 04:36 PM
erm? when did sexual harassment come into play? o.o
No idea ...
Can someone please send me screenshots with bots? can't seem to find any ;(

Zone

sh*t, wrong topic >.<
I was thinking about the other topic I was replying to and I had this topic up in the tab.

On topic, if you break a rule that is clearly stated in the rules, then it is your own fault for ignoring the rules.
Minor things, sure, give them a warning. If it is a serious thing, then give them the punishment that is you feel is justified.

MrrgleCaek

Actually that seems like a good idea, it keeps everything organized and neatly in place instead of personally keeping a plethora of screenshots and text files of logs all over the place.
.....kinda reminds me of the Death Note though for some reason, write the name, date, and cause down than bam, dead...or in this case, banned...

Zone

Lol, indeed it does.
To me, that looks like a great organization tool.
If someone questions their ban, simply locate their name and link them to the report for why they were banned.
I like it  O0