After how many servers ...

Started by yC, Dec 20, 2008, 12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Okay I seem to always have the question in the topic anyway.

I want to bring up the discussion of:

After how many servers do you think a player will quit RO or take a long break before coming back to the game?

There are new (hopefully?) and old player coming and going everyday.  The same apply to servers, a new server could attract some (new) players and server wipe/closure will disappoint some players and/or cause some to quit.

So how many of these metal blow can one stand and how long does it take to recover lol ... answer the question yourself first, simply ask "how many wipe/closure can you take?" or does that even matter to you?

It does very much to me because i think my time is valuable, even now i still blame Itakou for wasting 3 weeks of my life on his v3 >_> shhh.  After that, I am still in a somewhat busy or recovery status.  I am really not those that would get used to wipe/closure and become invincible.  Nor do i play on a few different servers at a time to avoid the putting all eggs in one basket situation (some people do that .. ).

I am thinking of the low-rate hardcore leveling group.  For mid-high rate i think it's not that hard to find a new server and rebuild?  Does that mean players that still love the game but hates wipe/closure all moved to mid-high rate?  (or sit in prontera all day don't do anything aka JJJ).

Some people that i know from RO since 2005 have said a number of times "this is my last server" on various servers they played on that died (lunaris, quality, evolution, paradise, legacy etc).  Every time i was like "yea right" and it just keep going.  Wait but after paradise or legacy many of them did quit or moved to WoW ... anyway that's just an example of what i am referring to.

xD it took me like over 25 servers to finally quit and decide to sit in prontera ^^;;;

Endranze

I haven't played since August, but hopefully I'm coming back. I'm looking for the super high rate I used to play.  o_0

KitKatBar

Havent played since August during LroV4 Internet got cut off
I come here @ EternityRO and everytime I log on its just a lame feeling over me
Tend to spend most of my time just looking @ "Things"
Was thinking of a new MMO

Edward

It depends... I started on a LR and kept on going till I hit level 37 at monk and quit. Then I went on SHR's and played until I was richer and stronger than everyone, then quit.

Hanyuu

For me, I started on LR servers, then after Vicious, Ceres, Celestia v1 and v2, Vicious aka Sigma and Legacy v1 shut down, I got tired of always working hard and losing everything. Promises of no wipes = free gameplay for maybe two months tops before it craps out.

Lowrates to me serves as a bragging right. "Woohoo, I hit 99/70 in two days!" But most LR servers are generally the same.

Midrate serves as an easy way to show off in pvp. If the one someone finds perfect closes, then it's hard to find one just like it.

I think some people give up on lowrates and go to midrates. Lately I've been running into Deviant a lot. I think some people upgrade to midrate for a less time consuming gameplay.

^^; I'm sad to say I'm one of those people who moved to WoW but only after trying out iRO. There's a huge quality difference, but there's also a huge difference in friendliness too.

When a player quits RO, it's due to the realization that it'll close down and there's no point in grinding forever just to brag. Your friends are still there, make a novie and just chat that way.
I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth, you refuse to believe in it.

I cannot quench your thirst
Because no such truth exists that you are in anticipation for.

But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Gabrielle

From experience though, there's some REALLY bad experiences that surpass even cheating, corrupt Admins, Rude, materialistic Communities, and an overall sense of a Lack of worth perpetuated by the ideals of players nowadays. I saw many of my friends quit as they used to be low rate smaller server players, never joined servers over 200 players as they believed(and rightfully so), that WoE was better competition wise when you had an arch enemy, someone you could strive to hunt down and make their life hell rather then the anonymous free-for-alls that are the larger servers such as Legacy/Phase and Eternity.

When Legacy shut down, it force-dumped all its populations onto these smaller servers that had a more intimate form of WoE, and all of a sudden, Sensable people were bombarded with "QQ's" and "Lern2plays" and "Lolcarebears", and it literally made playing RO unfun, and killed at least one that I was on. I'm half glad Phase/Legacy is back up. Gives those amazingly rude players somewhere to go back to, but as for my friends, none are comming back to RO in a playing aspect again after that. Some it was only their 3rd server, others, into their 20th. It made me stop at my 17th. I'll only be participating in RO now in an administration aspect.

EdenRO - 8/8/5 NEW Casual Low Rate, Grand Opening: 29th of December
http://edenro.net

Paradox.

I've been playing RO since.. 2003 so I've had my fair share of bad experiences which include corruptions,low communities,errors and what-not. However,I've been playing RO on & off.Whenever I get bored of RO or don't find any good servers, I simply uninstall RO.Then when I get bored again, I look for servers to play on. If I get bored on a server or simply dislike it for some reason, I won't stay there. 

Silvie

I can't really quit RO -- it's the only game this sucky computer can run without fizzing out, and I need a place to let off steam from rl issues and stuff.  :-[

I played about four servers, two LRs, and two HRs before I discovered RPing and quit RO. Then a good two years later I found out that RPing totally parallels RO and quit it.

Then I found myself playing RO again. >:

Pandora

Most of my friends quit ro for wow after our 5th server, if we're talking low rate I think that's the average amount of time one can put up with re-doing their character before they get annoyed. Some are more/less patient than other.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Cielte

I've known people that used to stick around low rates and migrated to mid-high rates because they got tired of losing their characters. Many people that I know that play high-rates stay after their current one closes or gets wiped because it's really easy just to get everything back again. And some just outright quit RO all together after like.. maybe the second server we went through. As for me, I kinda already go back and forth from RO to Oblivion, lol. Though for some reason I did notice a majority of my friends that quit RO all together went to World of Warcraft for some reason..

Pow

Quote from: yC on Dec 20, 2008, 12:03 PM
Okay I seem to always have the question in the topic anyway.

I want to bring up the discussion of:

After how many servers do you think a player will quit RO or take a long break before coming back to the game?

In all honesty, I've played 3 servers. I'm basically done now - Unless I can get my lazy derrière to convince my brain that it is worth playing again.

Quote from: yC on Dec 20, 2008, 12:03 PM
There are new (hopefully?) and old player coming and going everyday.  The same apply to servers, a new server could attract some (new) players and server wipe/closure will disappoint some players and/or cause some to quit.

So how many of these metal blow can one stand and how long does it take to recover lol ... answer the question yourself first, simply ask "how many wipe/closure can you take?" or does that even matter to you?

Wipes suck, period. Closures are okay, depending on the reasoning.

-Pow

Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

oh geeze pow ={
that makes me sad lol, play a lot of servers, cause half the time something new might happen which makes it fun <3

PoisonWolf

Guys,

I've only played about, pyRO, erzaRO, trennaRO, and symphoniaRO. That was about it. That was 5 years or so ago. After that, I stopped playing.

I've never returned to the game as a player.

Cheers.

Denia

3 servers, haven't come back to play RO for a bit over a year now I think? :| Other servers wipe often, and I don't play anthem due to being staff and, minimizes "corruption" outbursts. Though, those still seem to happen (oh you favor this guild/that guild/this person donates blah blah?) regardless of the reasoning I give as to why I have reached a certain verdict. Players love to say that we favor guilds when a software glitch happens or when we happen to release something new on the day a guild allies with another. It's kind of funny in an, ironic way.

Oops, went off on another tangent ~_~;