Website Design (My Portfolio Site)

Started by mpl123, Jul 02, 2011, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpl123

Spoiler
[close]
This is my newly created design for my portfolio. No codes yet, still design. Any comments or suggestion, all of them is pretty much appreciated. Thanks!

Note: I'm not a proffesional, still a student. :))

BTW, I'm not sure if the topic is in the right area, but my portfolio will be use in RO Web Dev services.

Belle.

Nice design! Good consistent color design through out, not too busy and there's a good theme going on.

Only 2 things that I could see that could be improved upon.

1. Top menu: The links need to have more contrast against the background, at the moment they are a little hard to read. The silver and stone outer  decoration also doesn't really seem to fit in with the rest of the theme, if you want to keep it you might consider carrying it though some of your other element like you slider box etc.

2. The description of yourself is really hard to read against that background. The background is too vivid, try using a dark grey semi-transparent .png with white font on it so it matches the rest of you design. With the semi transparent .png you'll get to keep the background and have it carry through to your box but it won't be overpowering like it is atm.

Good luck!

Mid Rate: [100/100/Varied] Low Rate: [10/10/5/3]

mpl123

Wow, Thanks for your advice! I'm gonna take note of that! Thanks for your comments! I really need those. Thank you Belle. :)

Belle.

Anytime, I look forward to seeing more of you work.

Mid Rate: [100/100/Varied] Low Rate: [10/10/5/3]

Ace

Nice color combination there! and also your design is nice :D keep it up!

EmperiumRo

Likes : every bit of it except the bit where you're introducing yourself, looks kinda weird for my taste but overall very nice design! Keep it up!
[color=orange]EmperiumRO - Do you have what it takes?![/color]

[color=orange]Brand new server as of 8/8/11[/color]

Syron

This is looking nice, keep up the good work.

Astheria

Cool !
Wow your making me want to take a Multimedia Design technology course haha ! XD
Your work is great and really inspiring. :)