Skills files

Started by Mathspy, Aug 26, 2012, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathspy

I am new at making stuff from spirits, palette and so. I am not doing it for a server, just for fun. So I was thinking of making a signature, and I started working, I thought it would be nice to add me casting something I like, but unluckily, I can only find skills icons, nothing about the skills themselves.

Anyone know the location of the skills inside the data.grf? I extracted it already.
And what program I need to view the skills?

Thanks in advance ^^ /ok
I miss this place

Triper

I think they're at data/texture/effects.

Mathspy

Quote from: Triper on Aug 26, 2012, 09:32 PM
I think they're at data/texture/effects.

Okay then, I will search in those today, thanks. OuO /thx
I miss this place

Mathspy

Found. But oh well lol...

Every skill consists of lots of .bmp format images, and more than one .str file. So the .str files are what animate the bmp files to make the skill animated? If yea, I dunno what format to use/view the .str ... and I can't find anything at the tools page...
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=download_tool

I will search, if I found something I will report here, if no then please reply to me how to use them... /swt

((Note: I didn't find all the skills, like rapid smiting. The folder is really small to be holding all this game skills, so I guess there is something else.)) /an /sob

Thanks in advance

EDIT:
I have found a .str viewer www.4shared.com/file/Og1T6p48/englishROSTRviewer.html

It's working, and I believe one of the moderators should put it with the tools

Seem like there is more skills than the ones in the .bmp files, I will try to explore the files and see what I can get, thanks for your help ^^

EDIT 2:
It's really difficult to use this thing... /sigh I can't extract the .bmp's from the .str's. Also, I can't find all the skills still...

I am being such a pain for a signature XD Oh well, but I am pretty sure I will find another uses for this all one other day~

So tell me what should I do .w. And if you have a better .str editor
I miss this place