Minimal GRF for woe SE

Started by Suspension, Nov 03, 2011, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markjosefff

Quote from: Thoth on Oct 31, 2013, 08:51 AM
don't bother editing the map. just take the notexture map from eboshers. editing tex81 is enough to change the color of the "notexture" textures
Edit:
NvM, i got it now... Just downloaded the gray map and use the maps :D. Thank you very much :D

Dronevil

Can someone upload a really good no texture grf please.

Dronevil

Quote from: pusanginamoy on Jul 26, 2013, 04:27 AM
Possible or do you have for WoE SE GRF edit with grid lines? Like the screenshot below?

Can anyone upload one like this?

emoric28

Whenever I try to open monster.act files my actOR2 always says "Can not connect to SPR" but I do have the monster.spr file but weird though if I open npc.act files it works. Help please. I tried all kinds of grf extractor around and I don't think it's the problem.

Thoth

Quote from: emoric28 on Nov 10, 2013, 09:02 AM
Whenever I try to open monster.act files my actOR2 always says "Can not connect to SPR" but I do have the monster.spr file but weird though if I open npc.act files it works. Help please. I tried all kinds of grf extractor around and I don't think it's the problem.
make sure same named spr/act is in the same folder. my grf doesn't include the spr files, as they are already in the data and would be redundant and I felt like making the grf as small a file as possible

Canavi

So in my efforts to remove the textures of newer maps using rodatamaintenance, I came across a problem. For some reason it cannot detect certain maps, so they can't be stripped of their textures. So basically my question is, what's an alternative way to strip the textures, another program or something? What method have you guys in the previous pages been using?

Dronevil

How do we edit the tex81.bmp in thoth.grf to make the bg/woe maps looks like a grid?

Deviling

not enough words

giioliveira

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 06, 2011, 06:33 AM
yeah, RCX is a must, and many use ahk and romedic althought its "illegal" on many servers.
I dunno if people copied the monster size stuff from me or not, but I certainly copied some of the ebosher stuff and used bleu's guides. guilds have had a history of keeping this stuff to themselves, which tends to put new players at a greater disadvantage and hurt the RO scene overall.
I didnt do the "see unided items" thing because it tends to interfere with custom item tables and cause nasty crashes.

http://hotfile.com/dl/152269192/694679a/Thoth.grf.html
--there is no longer any need to use /lightmap on bg/woe maps, as I have removed the lightmap.
--to make this work, put the grf in your RO folder, and then open DAT.INI or whatever the file is. some servers it will have some random filename to hide it, but its always there.
[Data]
0=Thoth.grf
1=whatevermyroserveris.grf
2=data.grf
3=rdata.grf

========this grf has:
--barricades and guardians stones will die instantly, instead of fading away.
--spellcircle is now squareshaped when casting to better identify affected areas.
--blueish notexture(reduces lag) for woe and bg maps only: I did not want the entire RO world to be colorless. if you want notexture for pvm maps, you will need another grf. I gave it a blueish tint as I found it less offensive to the eyes than grey.
--leaves removed from the trees found in geffenia and odin temple.
--stun status now has large stars.

--reduced effects for wizard spells storm gust, lord of vermillion, meteor storm
--reduced the size of barricades, flags, guardian stones so people can't hide underneath their sprites and be unclickable.
--unlimited zoom, anywhere
--altered the size of monsters to assist in targeting the following mvps instead of their minions: ktullanux, pharaoh, osiris, fbh, ifrit, gtb, randgris, kiel, vesper, satan morroc, doppel, ghostring, mistress, darklord, eddga, evil snake lord
--replaced the huge emperium graphic with a treasure chest. generally I wanted to reduce the size so people couldnt hide under it, but might be a little offcenter
--sleep status has big red ZZZ to make it more obvious.
--most all minimaps for dungeons, buildings, quests, bg, woe
--slight change to manner.txt, but the most vulgar things still censored
--tarot card pictures changed to be more descriptive
--most bard/dancer songs cut from 30 secs to 3 secs to be less annoying when spammed

example of monster, barricade, etc size changes:
Spoiler
[close]
example of square spellcircle and blue notexture:
Spoiler
[close]

PLEASE, NEW LINK FOR DOWNLOAD

yittoo

Quote from: giioliveira on Jan 13, 2014, 11:50 AM
PLEASE, NEW LINK FOR DOWNLOAD

http://www.4shared.com/file/opNQ26H6/Thoth.html my friend you are welcome i just downloaded from there.

and thoth can you tell me how to return icewall to original(or tell me which file i should remove from inside grf) since it is like floating i am afraid i can not bio3 with it(no i could not get rcx working for the server i play at the moment) i'd be glad to see that fixed

Prosh

Hello there, i wanted to ask you...is it possible to merge colored cursor point from eboshers.grf to Thoth.grf. because thoth.grf have everything i need except colored cursor, if its not possible could you please tell me how can i add colored pointer to thoth's grf file and what program do i need. I tried merging those by using grf builder but its not working may be i am doing something wrong or its not possible at all. I need little bit of guidance here. Thanks in advance.

Triper

Just extract cursors.act and cursors.spr @data/sprite/ and add them to the desired grf. You may have to do a grf just for those with the folders and stuff and then merge it with thoth.grf [at least from what I remember, grf builder used to give me errors when I wasn't doing that but it's still the best around for merges imo].

Prosh

ohh thanks, it worked now. I didnt add cursor.act and cursor.spr to data/sprite before...it is working now. Thank You.

Vigarde

cant seem to make it work . helppp  :/

yittoo

lol vigarde. i can help you in game dw.