Minimal GRF for woe SE

Started by Suspension, Nov 03, 2011, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raggya

no i tryed it but it doesn't work  /sob

raggya

strange i removed the 2=data.grf from data.ini there is nothing in it still my ro works :D. why is it so ?

oh i just figured out once i removed it and start ro it automatically creates 2=data.grf in data.ini  /pif

Tsudere

Quote from: raggya on Aug 09, 2013, 11:40 AM
strange i removed the 2=data.grf from data.ini there is nothing in it still my ro works :D. why is it so ?

oh i just figured out once i removed it and start ro it automatically creates 2=data.grf in data.ini  /pif

Sounds like you would play ragnaOK.
If so this guide will help you:

http://forum.ragnaok.net/index.php?threads/159/

murof

Yow ! THOT
what specific sprite used on the effect of SPP ?
TY

Thoth

if you are trying to get the client to be more helpful with information, especially AOE stuff, your best bet is RCX. I once tried to modify pneuma animation but couldnt get it to "stick" to the affected cells. perspective changes totally screwed it up.

Maxsy

http://sdrv.ms/1g5gwbE MaxsyGRF 1.3

Triper

Can we get some screenshots about it and what is inside since it has been sorta of a common use when they're posted?

Maxsy

is a project of my brother and I
appreciate your help :P

Latin

CAN HAZ THAT DISPEL N PNEUMA PLS
Preferably one that can be put inside data folder instead of a grf, since I'm perma-ing greyworld.

Canavi

I wish to update new maps unaffected by the greyworld / sak.grf / cintax.grf / whatever you know it by.
I'd like the tiles to appear the same way they do in the old GRF - as one solid, continuous color - NO gridlines, fancy patterns or
anything.

I don't know which program to use to do this exactly. I read the comments earlier about maps calling the tex81 file, but it was
never made clear how to do this, or if there are any other steps required before that. Didn't see anything in Brow Edit that
suggests how to do this, and no guide I saw commented on it.

I found an application called RoDataMaintenance that easily strips maps of their textures and exports their rsw, gat and gnd files along with a texture bmp that looks like this -

However, it generates maps with annoying, distracting borders around every 2x2 block of tiles at best.
You'd think if you filled in the one pixel border around each tile, it would fill in the gaps and produce a solid color map just like the original gray world, but that actually makes it even worse as random single pixel width lines seem to bleed into every tile.

This is an example of the first case -

This looks like what Thoth commented on earlier about there always being some type of border.

Does anyone know how to remove them, possibly the original method this was done? OR how do you tell maps which texture bitmap to read from, maybe that will work instead.

Thoth

it has something to do with the size of the textures used, or rather, the size they are expanded to. browedit is lacking here, I think it wont make a texture exactly the right size for the RO cell grid. the original notexture maps were probably created through some kind of script, possibly using the command line only map editor that I never bothered with and cant remember the name of.
you can probably get rid of the grid lines in the red area if you want just by making certain edges red.

markjosefff

Quote from: Thoth on Nov 06, 2011, 06:33 AM
yeah, RCX is a must, and many use ahk and romedic althought its "illegal" on many servers.
I dunno if people copied the monster size stuff from me or not, but I certainly copied some of the ebosher stuff and used bleu's guides. guilds have had a history of keeping this stuff to themselves, which tends to put new players at a greater disadvantage and hurt the RO scene overall.
I didnt do the "see unided items" thing because it tends to interfere with custom item tables and cause nasty crashes.

http://hotfile.com/dl/152269192/694679a/Thoth.grf.html
--there is no longer any need to use /lightmap on bg/woe maps, as I have removed the lightmap.
--to make this work, put the grf in your RO folder, and then open DAT.INI or whatever the file is. some servers it will have some random filename to hide it, but its always there.
[Data]
0=Thoth.grf
1=whatevermyroserveris.grf
2=data.grf
3=rdata.grf

========this grf has:
--barricades and guardians stones will die instantly, instead of fading away.
--spellcircle is now squareshaped when casting to better identify affected areas.
--blueish notexture(reduces lag) for woe and bg maps only: I did not want the entire RO world to be colorless. if you want notexture for pvm maps, you will need another grf. I gave it a blueish tint as I found it less offensive to the eyes than grey.
--leaves removed from the trees found in geffenia and odin temple.
--stun status now has large stars.

--reduced effects for wizard spells storm gust, lord of vermillion, meteor storm
--reduced the size of barricades, flags, guardian stones so people can't hide underneath their sprites and be unclickable.
--unlimited zoom, anywhere
--altered the size of monsters to assist in targeting the following mvps instead of their minions: ktullanux, pharaoh, osiris, fbh, ifrit, gtb, randgris, kiel, vesper, satan morroc, doppel, ghostring, mistress, darklord, eddga, evil snake lord
--replaced the huge emperium graphic with a treasure chest. generally I wanted to reduce the size so people couldnt hide under it, but might be a little offcenter
--sleep status has big red ZZZ to make it more obvious.
--most all minimaps for dungeons, buildings, quests, bg, woe
--slight change to manner.txt, but the most vulgar things still censored
--tarot card pictures changed to be more descriptive
--most bard/dancer songs cut from 30 secs to 3 secs to be less annoying when spammed

example of monster, barricade, etc size changes:
Spoiler
[close]
example of square spellcircle and blue notexture:
Spoiler
[close]
Hey man, I was wondering how did you edit the color of the maps to Blue (can you teach me xD). May I request to also change the color of quiz_00, guild vs_4, anthell 01 & thor v3 to blue?  /heh
And another question, how did you altered the monster's .act so it could be big? Thank you very much /thx

Thoth

for the color shade of notexture maps, just take the original and do a color tint on it in any decent image editor. any color can be done, but I found blue least offensive to the eyes. then just add the appropriate notexture map files and the modified tex81 to the grf.

as for making monsters big, I used actor2 act/spr editor, and made size changes there with a lua script. I THINK this is the right script. probably. its easy to test by just tossing things in the data folder and loading rms client.

--When "mag" is changed, magnifying power changes.
mag = 15

for AID = 0, GetNumAct()-1 do
  for FID = 0, GetNumFrame(AID)-1 do
    for PID = 0, GetNumPat(AID, FID)-1 do
      XOffs, YOffs = GetXYOffs(AID, FID, PID)
      SetXYOffs(AID, FID, PID, XOffs * mag, YOffs * mag)
      ChangeMagnify(AID, FID, PID, mag, mag)
    end
  end
end

markjosefff

Quote from: Thoth on Oct 31, 2013, 01:43 AM
for the color shade of notexture maps, just take the original and do a color tint on it in any decent image editor. any color can be done, but I found blue least offensive to the eyes. then just add the appropriate notexture map files and the modified tex81 to the grf.

as for making monsters big, I used actor2 act/spr editor, and made size changes there with a lua script. I THINK this is the right script. probably. its easy to test by just tossing things in the data folder and loading rms client.

--When "mag" is changed, magnifying power changes.
mag = 15

for AID = 0, GetNumAct()-1 do
  for FID = 0, GetNumFrame(AID)-1 do
    for PID = 0, GetNumPat(AID, FID)-1 do
      XOffs, YOffs = GetXYOffs(AID, FID, PID)
      SetXYOffs(AID, FID, PID, XOffs * mag, YOffs * mag)
      ChangeMagnify(AID, FID, PID, mag, mag)
    end
  end
end

Hmm, what will I edit? The .lua , .gat or .gnd or .rsw? (sorry. noob/no idea in editing/scripting maps)
Just want to edit the color of quiz_00, guild vs_4, anthell 01 & thor v3 to blue, just like the color of WoE maps xD
I can now edit the monster's size. Thanks bro /no1

Thoth

don't bother editing the map. just take the notexture map from eboshers. editing tex81 is enough to change the color of the "notexture" textures