Ingame Mp3 Player.

Started by Fade, Dec 05, 2010, 12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fade

Howdy everyone, I usually don't post on here or eAthena so this will be a first. I thought it would be cool to have a ingame mp3 player instead of exiting to change music or for those who like to play full screen. It's alot of work but i honestly think it'll be worth it. [Side Note: I will not explain any part of my coding or anything like that lol people have already asked me plenty of questions on how I've done it.]

Ingame Mp3 player (work in progress)

[Mp3 Interface which will support custom skins]

[Preview]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEoxTlVvhv4

Update: I've decided I will only release v1 of this out to the public. No Updates, No Support. Other Updates and Versions will be obtainable through other ways. (I have yet to decide).

Aldotsk

Seems like MP3 player is just a cool idea, but I guess the size could be minimized?

Since the custom skin option function is available - there isn't really too much to worry about then.

Yukino

I'm interested to have this sort of thing in-game ^^.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Erebus

theyve tried making many jukebox's before and some have succeeded but the size of the grf is pretty huge, even  if you were going to do it through bgm folder. Of course this probably requires a hefty amount of source edits unless your using a pre-compiled set of songs. Your video does not show browsing capability so i have to assume that its fixed tracks atleast, for the moment.

The browsing of out of game music (your mp3 folders), having it display properly and play/stop would be quite an achievement.

Goodluck with the project

Fade

@Yukino - Thank you very mucho.

@Erebus - You are right, it does require alot of hefty source editing and at the moment is set to pre-compiled set of music. I've already tested away around that using m3u or pls of course the only problem I have at this moment is thinking about how I should go on the next or back track feature. Alot more functions will be added in along with a live stream which shows what song is currently playing and many more. Thanks and I have other ideas I'm working on which some I will release to the public for free.

yC

This sounds interesting.  I think if by default there is a function that has the ability to browse around the bgm folder like it did for the emb folder when you try to change emb, it would be much easier to do.

Fade

@yC - Thanks yC and I think thats how I'm going to go about it you'll be able to select a created playlist by adding the playlist in the plist folder or maybe make things harder and you can create a playlist on the spot which will create a playlist from what you selected ingame browsing. I'm not really sure at this moment but it would be a cool thing.

AquarRO

this make me want to play the game again :p

Fade

=p yea i haven't really played any ro servers for a while I find it more fun working on them then anything.

Kaleano

Seems neat for people who play in Full Screen.

Though honestly I must say, I dont.  I always have to alt tab.  D:
Would love to see this though.

Fade

Well it works for both full and not full screen. =]

AquarRO

ye before was harder because i alt tab to youtube when i was breaking a emp it make me got more power haha xD so when song end im kinda lose power =(

Fade

l2ue

1) Does the RO client support anything besides .mp3 format and all bit rates?
2) Did you modify the client so that it acts like a music player? (Is it integrated into the client?)
3) Is the command for the music communicating with the server or just local on the client?
4) How is the playlist constructed? And what are the limitations on the accessibility of the music files?
5) Would the source for your project be open to public?

It seems like alot of work to avoid a quick alt-tab or press of a button (specialize keyboards).

Just wondering. :D

"The school of the undefeated East!"
"The winds of the king!"
"Look! The East is burning red!"

Fade

1) Does the RO client support anything besides .mp3 format and all bit rates?

It'll use a playlist format for the moment which has already been tested. (m3u,pls)

2) Did you modify the client so that it acts like a music player? (Is it integrated into the client?)

I didn't modify the client at all.

3) Is the command for the music communicating with the server or just local on the client?

It communicates with the server.

4) How is the playlist constructed? And what are the limitations on the accessibility of the music files?

The playlist is constructed by you being able to pick out songs you want to listen to by clicking on the add button and creating a pls or m3u haven't decided which will be default or I might make a option.

5) Would the source for your project be open to public?

I won't be releasing this source to the public though I might release a ingame ventrilo for the public. Also a few other projects as well.

Also it's alot of work for me yes but it wont be for you xD cause it'll be a complete mp3 player ingame lol.

Khaine

I've already talked to you on MSN about this lol but I decided to post here too, great job Fade, that's very impressive just like...well, every other thing you've made and shown me lol xD an in-game ventrilo would be very cool too! Good luck with any future projects.
Quote from: Serenity on Apr 09, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'm just trying to get laid.
Quote from: HiddenIts time for kickin donkey or chewing bubble gum. And i'm all outta bubble gum.

Wikebine

I honestly can't wait until you release a good version of this, it seems like a dream come true. Less CPU lag from having winamp open(hopefully) since I have quite a few issues with that.

Also, would you be able to add streaming m3u/pls files, like from Radio stations that let you stream their music?
You seem kinda mad. Why are you mad? You seem really mad, but I'm not quite sure why. Could you explain your anger using logical means? What legitimate reason do you have for being mad?

Fade

Of course you can I'm thinking about adding in custom links as well as one I've put in as default.

kR105

I assume that you are modifying the RagRE client or I'm wrong?

Fade

Nope I am not. It would be alot nicer and easier if I could but don't know much about RagRE I'll mess around with it later on but for now the way I figured out works without altering RagRe.

kR105

Quote from: Fade on Dec 28, 2010, 11:59 PM
Nope I am not. It would be alot nicer and easier if I could but don't know much about RagRE I'll mess around with it later on but for now the way I figured out works without altering RagRe.
So how you're doing this? modifing the client or attaching it like RCX does? I like this proyect :D

Orange

:3

Usagimimi

Make please :( I want this

AppleRynes

I like this and the idea behind it since whenit comes to anygame I play I always have the sound off and music on. Good work

Scribbles

I've have played a server that had this. They got it to play internet radio... although it was an Indonesian station or something >>

Fade

It's still a work in progress. I've been busy with other things atm so I haven't been able to update yet. I'll most likely be giving out a update soon.

AppleRynes

Can't wait for the progress update. I want to use it first! :D

Don't copy+paste the same advertisement in different server seeking threads. Please take the time to read the guidelines for that section before posting there.

Satisfied

Update I've decided to make v1 free and open to the public. Though I'm going about this alot more different which will have you register at my website and you'll obtain a free subscription id which you will put into the configuration it'll be limited but you'll be able to listen to the radio only.

Neo

where where where :) Cant Wait

Fade

It's not out yet I will announce when I've posted it on here.

Scribbles

Sounds cool. Is this streaming radio, or set music?

Fade

This is streaming music. Of course the public version would come with 2-3 default stations. You can pay like a small amount to host your own radio and add in your own streaming music.

Evercraft

So would you have to also be running shoutcast or something equivalent?

Fade

No you wouldn't have to download anything or use anything. It already comes setup it works like shoutcast but control panel. Thought if you are using a free version you'll be limited and without a control panel. Only paid will get the control panel to add songs and other sorts.

Trojal

I am wondering about this. What packets are you sending to the client to allow it to play music? You said you're not modifying the client at all, which is interesting to me.
I think that 0x1d3 (soundeffect) would be the best, but it only works for .wav as far as I know.

Are you using 0x7fe (playBGM)?
TitanRO 5/5/3 Revo-Classic: No donations, no cash shop.