TalonRO

Started by Meta, Jul 06, 2013, 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meta

I made an 8x priest, joined a guild, did some WoE. I made a rogue to farm cakes. It wasn't bad. It's weird, but it works. The lack of real autoloot is a problem, but this has been deemed undiscussable. I was about ready to settle into TalonRO when I noticed a pattern.

Most of these posts are recent. I see someone who's decided to dismiss an entire forum and its readers over disagreements with a few of its participants.

Quote from: Boreas on Jul 01, 2013, 01:04 PM

You mean a place for the usual Ragnarok trolls to meet and bash servers? No real player reads this forum before joining a server.

Quote from: Boreas on Jul 01, 2013, 12:57 PM

If I made a new topic about every player calling us names in support tickets, arguing over bans or wasting our time in some way I could probably fill this entire forum. Most if not all people who complain about my behavior either broke the rules or got into an argument with me about something they did wrong. It's easy to give negative feedback afterwards and I don't mind, considering that nobody reads this forum except for the usual trolls.

With that being said, you aren't any better Dan and we both know that. Thanks for registering an account to post here tho, the RMS trolls appreciate new footage.

*inb4moretrolling*

I've had some bad experiences with GMs who acted nice when they had to and got dismissive like this for people they didn't want anything from, and it later turned out they were abusing their power, so maybe I'm just more sensitive to this sort of thing than most. Treating someone poorly because you don't like them is a strong indicator of this mindset.

In RO terms, you're going to have a bad time if you play a server run by someone like this. Maybe Boreas' facade is breaking down, maybe (s)he's just had a bad month. I'm not inclined to risk if being the former. It's hard to not judge the whole GM team by its most talkative components. Maybe they'll have something to say that counters these concerns. The last time I spent much time on a server with a GM like this, the others either admitted to the normalcy of the behavior (in private) or made excuses. That server is a ghost town now.

The economy and community are fine, for now.

Boreas

Last time I went online I saw quite some people, definitely not a ghost town yet. I am also not sure why you didn't post into the other TalonRo relates topics but made a new one instead.

Hurray for free advertisement I guess.

Meta

This was in the review forum. Triper moved it for some reason. Someone PMd me a 610 word essay trying to make excuses for your attitude, but it didn't address my concerns.

This isn't advertising. This is me pointing out something I've seen that's often an indicator of something worse and trying to explain why it made me decide against sticking with your server. It's one perspective and experience for people to consider when looking for a server.

Also known as a review. I don't understand why it was moved to a place where it's going to be seen as an attack.

Boreas

In that case, thank you for the review.

Triper

Quote from: Meta on Jul 07, 2013, 08:08 AM
This was in the review forum. Triper moved it for some reason. Someone PMd me a 610 word essay trying to make excuses for your attitude, but it didn't address my concerns.

This isn't advertising. This is me pointing out something I've seen that's often an indicator of something worse and trying to explain why it made me decide against sticking with your server. It's one perspective and experience for people to consider when looking for a server.

Also known as a review. I don't understand why it was moved to a place where it's going to be seen as an attack.
Review about Talon is like 1 paragraph which doesn't even qualify for a review for being too low in details, the rest is all about Boreas/Bad GMs.
10%<90% for me so I moved it to Rant & Rave.