Stop using Harmony.

Started by Regret, Sep 06, 2014, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regret

Bypasses exist and adelays is all you need to prevent no delay, which is the only game-breaking thing in RO.

There's no reason to use Harmony, it makes me cry when I see all these (new servers) using Harmony.

boxlunch

They're better off paying a programmer for custom protection than wasting money on Harmony (which is on and off so it's entirely unreliable in addition to being easily bypassable).

Zleepy

The only real reason for harmony is bots but openkore isn't the only program so it becomes useless and if you have even 1% packet lose with harmony RIP with 40+ players on screen.

Fino

I think there will always be people who will use it.  /... Though, from my expierence it made every server so less responsive that I felt super lagspikes during a normal character activity (hunting alone).  It made woe impossible for me on quite a few server and though im in europe, i havnt had the worst ping nor the worst pc.

I also agree on not implementing it since many bigger guilds have the requirement that adelays are put and that no harmony is available because of the said slow communcation to the server. I only see contras in using and afaik the program isnt even getting updated anymore. So yah, to all who consider harmony, please dont, you will just give your players an annoying time bypassing it. It may protect from opencore but its no big deal to have a good police staff and check on these guys with @disguise. Opencore is retarded enough to follow a @disguised gm around the whole map.

dontknowright

I agree with this. Harmony creates so many issues for players - it really shouldn't be used. Its effectiveness is definitely questionable, and, as others have stated, it is better to have proper staff.

I paid for a license years ago but never used it after testing. Still unused to this day.

Meta

Hasn't OpenKore been basically dead for years?

exii

exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

flyingheo

Actually, I seen a few players asking GM if the server has any type of Harmony. At first, I always thought Harmony was necessary, but now it's just a waste of money. Not sure why new servers still choose to use it.

Mrew2

Quote from: Regret on Sep 06, 2014, 06:38 PM
Bypasses exist and adelays is all you need to prevent no delay, which is the only game-breaking thing in RO.

There's no reason to use Harmony, it makes me cry when I see all these (new servers) using Harmony.
Is the aDelays you are referring to this? www.adelays.ragnawork.com

gooshgoosh

Just stop using any s*** other than hard delays. It just f*** with the game. I've had times when my asura goes off and does nothing and many times when I'm standing next to someone I can't even cast it, even if I @refresh. Yeah.

Boreas

It's true that Harmony is no longer under active development, it still gets the job done tho. I would not recommend getting it now as there's little to no support anymore, but back then when we purchased our license it was pretty decent and still is today.