Need Help

Started by romeo111, Feb 22, 2008, 03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romeo111

i just made a new server and followed MWright967 guide, but after i've typed my username and password and after i've chosen the server i get rejected from the server. ive tried to patch it but when i try to patch sakray or RO i get an error after it has patched the game for around 5min, ive also tried to change the configs, uninstalled the game and downloaded new files but nothing helps. what shall i do

MWright967

Quote from: romeo111 on Feb 22, 2008, 03:19 AM
i just made a new server and followed MWright967 guide, but after i've typed my username and password and after i've chosen the server i get rejected from the server. ive tried to patch it but when i try to patch sakray or RO i get an error after it has patched the game for around 5min, ive also tried to change the configs, uninstalled the game and downloaded new files but nothing helps. what shall i do

Hmmm. Try making one with a different account name and password. Also, did you make sure to check that all of your IP's were correctly set up? Try taking off your firewall. Also, check your sclientinfo to make sure it has the correct information.

romeo111

i think i know whats the prob is, the WAN, but i havnt done this kind of thing for awhile so i've forgotten what WAN is, which of them is WAN, cause it doesnt stand WAN anywhere when i go into ipconfig /all. plz help me with my stupid misstake

MWright967

Dude, I went over this very specifically in the server setup guide.

You open up a Run window. Type in CMD. You will be brought to a command prompt window. You type in ipconfig /all, all of your IP's will be listed.

If that doesn't work, go here, this is your WAN:

http://www.whatismyip.com

romeo111

this time i come with a normal "kinda" question, if i remove my router so i dont have an LAN ip, should i put WAN ip there instead, or what?
because when i did it before, i got rejected everytime.
ive tried to change things in account but it didnt help.
its probably just something small, something i've missed, but ive deleted and uninstalled everything and reinstalled it, but this time i didnt get a rejection but i couldnt connect to the server, and when i opened the ports (6900,6121,5121)on the router i got rejected again, and now when i've closed the ports i still get a rejection.

MWright967

1. I don't see why you would remove your router

2. I believe if you don't have a router, you don't have to put any IP there. However, if it still fails, then yes try your WAN IP (Though, I doubt it makes a differince)

romeo111

:( i actually think it got worse without the router :(
now i get the rejection straight away, it used to take a few seconds before, so i think i will use the router.

yC

A new rule in the support section is that we don't provide support to making a server anymore.  Simply because all your answers are in the eAthena forum as long as you can use the search function.

Good luck to you.