Stalker Build Question

Started by fuzzywuzzy, Dec 09, 2008, 01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CookieEater

Quote from: Lore on Dec 10, 2008, 01:04 AM
False. Depends on your server.

I think you overestimate the ability of Backstab. Please recall how the skill SUCKS. There are certainly better damage dealing builds out there, but if this is a "for fun" build i'm sure it'll turn out alright.
Most self-respecting Guilds have an Alchemist to FCP everybody, just as they have a Soul Linker ready with all 'good' links learned.

And the guy asked about Backstab, so I didn't mention anything else. Of course there's better skills out there. Though it does cost little SP and never misses, many people prefer Bowling Bash for obvious reasons.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Poki

Quote from: CookieEater on Dec 09, 2008, 01:45 PM
FCP is mandatory for WoE, and no real PvPer goes without it either. I advice against, but suggest you go for Dex/Int with a bow for best results despite halved Backstab damage. Bow gives you distance and Dex increases Strip chances.

Dex does not increase strip chances.  Backstab is actually better than BB only because my build allows me to heal 2016 easily and I simply have overall more DEF, MDEF, HP, and SP and I don't miss plus I don't use a bow because I don't need a long distant skill to help me kill, I simply make use of backsliding and cloaking to get close.  (Probably want to carry a sight clip for those who hide so that the strip effects wear off)

Also,  you deal more with a sword and you get to wear a shield. More %resist against demi-human ftw.

QuoteHey Poki, I'm curious why do you pick two skel worker cards over two hydra and skel worker?

I don't know, for some odd reason, I actually do more with the combo I stated.  Don't ask me why, I seriously don't know.

False. Depends on your server.

I think you overestimate the ability of Backstab. Please recall how the skill SUCKS. There are certainly better damage dealing builds out there, but if this is a "for fun" build i'm sure it'll turn out alright.

Are you saying the skill backstab is terrible?  It may not deal as much as bowling bash, but it is still rather useful:

- As you don't need dex to hit meaning more stats to strength, vit, and int. 
- Not only that but it's rather unique since many nubs can't use it properly 
- Also, it's rather fearsome for idiots who tend to run away from you because you can spam approximately 5 backstabs in about 2 seconds since their back is immediately facing toward you as they click away from you to run.
- Backstab deals around 2.4k which is pretty decent
- You can heal while a BB stalker can't
- You can take more damage
- You have more SP
- You can support other players as a priest by healing and stripping

And think about it, because my stalker is more capable of tanking (probably better than a pally with no heal or an LK), I can live longer to strip players.

Also, not everyone will remember to have their FCP on.  Some will forget and those who do, it only lasts for 10 minutes.  My build enables the skill of healing, therefore, living for 10 minutes isn't that hard at all.

Lastly, if you were to PvP someone and they are not a Creator or Alchemist but have FCP on, then obviously you're allowed to get some of your own buffs to help you in the fight with the other person. Plus, hopefully they won't get another rebuff during their little match with you, that way you can just wait for the FCP to wear off (in 10 minutes)

Anyways, these are my reasons to why I like Backstab so much.

CookieEater

"DEX difference between the caster and the target affects on the success chance. If the success rate drops below your base success chance, the base success chance will be used instead. The success rate is believed to be:

Success Rate = 5 + 2 * Skill Level + (Your DEX - Enemy DEX) / 5"

By the way, if you go for Backstab with a Sword/Dagger, get 4 more points of Str than you need. Stealth/Chase Walk gives a +16 bonus to Str for half a minute or so, and that duration can be increased by a lot with Rogue Spirit.

Aaronock

Str. bonus from Chase Walk sometimes is absolutely amazing!

CookieEater

Quote from: Aaronock on Dec 11, 2008, 12:19 PM
Str. bonus from Chase Walk sometimes is absolutely amazing!
As long as you find a safe spot/moment to switch to Hide :P

Aaronock

TBH I am more of a ganker built pvm style stalker and that's where most my experience lies.  So chasewalk bonus is good in maps where the str. bonus can help a lot in my damage dealing on slightly tougher monsters XD

Littlechan

Quote from: CookieEater on Dec 11, 2008, 03:21 AM
"DEX difference between the caster and the target affects on the success chance. If the success rate drops below your base success chance, the base success chance will be used instead. The success rate is believed to be:

Success Rate = 5 + 2 * Skill Level + (Your DEX - Enemy DEX) / 5"

By the way, if you go for Backstab with a Sword/Dagger, get 4 more points of Str than you need. Stealth/Chase Walk gives a +16 bonus to Str for half a minute or so, and that duration can be increased by a lot with Rogue Spirit.

I think this has changed to fixed chance? (15%)

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Poki

QuoteI think this has changed to fixed chance? (15%)

That's what I recall.  I'm pretty sure it has changed unless my luck is unbelievably great as a stalker attempting to strip.

I didn't find much any difference in stripping from a stalker with 600 DEX (against one with 1 DEX) with another try as a stalker with 1 DEX and against someone with 1 DEX.

As for the chasewalk, I never had enough skill points to increase it.  It didn't matter much to me anyways.  But it is great.

CookieEater

You'd be amazed how much you can get if you don't take Full Strip. That skill has a huge prerequisite...

I always get Backstab, Sword Mastery, Tunnel Drive and Plagiarise+Preserve maxed out :P

Quote from: Littlechan on Dec 11, 2008, 07:13 PM
I think this has changed to fixed chance? (15%)
If it did, nobody gave me the memo.

fuzzywuzzy

Full Strip is set to 15% now? So no Dex!? Can this be confirmed somewhere?

Also, Poki, you keep saying you Heal around 2000 HP but where does that skill come from? Sorry I don't know much about the cards and such.

fluidin

Hm. There are a lot of equips which enable the use of low level heals, like Light Epsilon, Brionac, but since he can't use those, I'm assuming he heals by using LV 5 Heal Scroll, which is dropped off Geographers.

Or he could be using Ifrit Rings >.>
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.