LF modern, social, and sensible server

Started by Reehux, Feb 17, 2024, 03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reehux

no dual, no RMT, no botting
no ridiculous NPCs ( healer, job changer, warper )
starts from early episode ( job 2-1 & 2-2 available )
modify skills as to not frustrate new players ( seriously you need to consider attracting younger players )
customized board quest to adapt to both solo players and party players
allows cooking and other custom crafting outside of blacksmith and alchemist
add social events, monthly competitions, tournaments, etc
low rate 3x/2x/1x

if there is no such server like what I want, would you like to build one with me?
where can I find a private server building service so I can make my dream server?

thank you

Felione

Quote from: Reehux on Feb 17, 2024, 03:35 AMmodify skills as to not frustrate new players ( seriously you need to consider attracting younger players )

I'm really interested in this quote, because you seem to think that Ragnarok Online skills are somehow difficult to understand. From my perspective, on most servers, the skill itself tells you almost all the information necessary to understand what the skill can do. What's more is, you can USE the skill and learn what it does on your own. What exactly is so difficult and annoying for young people to understand? the skill descriptions are brief, because there is not much room in general. Perhaps, young people simply don't want to play an outdated game, when things like Genshin Impact look glamorous in comparison? I also believe you're ignoring the fact that young people prefer to be on their phones, not their pcs. Unless you're speaking of a specific age group, you're clearly attempting to attract someone who is not on the platform as often.

iixe

While i agree this is still a server search request and not basic discussion thread if his demands make any sense.
He will probably understand that lowrate servers with 1 client and no qol npcs have no interest in modding skills if he digs a little deeper. The common 2-3 may reply such as ragnagoats and he has to pick his poison.
Imagine successful social events AND tournaments on the same server these days..

Mrkirka

Hey there,
Payon Stories is a lowrate server with costum rates. They are writing 1x rates but its more like 2,3rates.
Weekly custom events not by NPC, no Healer/buffer.
They dont have a Quest Board NPC yet but the server is stable, online over 1 year, 120 active players at all time, 300-350 with vendors.
Next WoE Season starting soon. The Server is very newbie friendly, the community is one of a kind.
Next updates will be Ninja/Gunslinger classes, also a little Buff in Assassin class.
Transclasses will also release this year, I think the Server has a lot ot potential, but its lacking some players.

Also, there are NO DONATIONS, NO BOTS, NO DUAL CLIENT.
There are some custom dungeons, some skills have been buffed to increase QoL, but its all balanced and the
Staff is doing a good job listening to the community.

Join PS (Payon Stories) now :-)

Reehux

Quote from: Felione on Feb 20, 2024, 06:09 PMI'm really interested in this quote...

Quote from: iixe on Feb 22, 2024, 09:19 PMHe will probably understand that lowrate servers with 1 client and no qol npcs have no interest in modding skills if he digs a little deeper. The common 2-3 may reply such as ragnagoats and he has to pick his poison...

I think I didn't tell my preferences clearly, I'm sorry.

I've been to project zero, payon stories, and ragnagoats.

Those three servers are basically dead from my perspective, and it was not because of low population, it was because the lack of interaction between players.

QoL is good I understand that, but to implement QoL that diminish player interactions is a huge mistake, and to pour gasoline to the fire, some skills are basically unreliable and not worthy mentioning at all, to be creative and alter those skills should comes natural for server owners to create their own server's uniqueness.

I don't get it, why keep uploading new server again and again if it's all the same?

PS is the closest one to my ideal, they made lots of skill changes, however that server is too political and dramatic, it's controlled by certain group of people, they favor certain classes and trashed the other, the owner is controlled by them and cannot remain neutral, so I left.

okay enough with rants, can someone teach me how to build and mod private server on my own? I'm willing to pay if it speeds up the learning process, thank you

ADM Ornstein

Quote from: Reehux on Feb 23, 2024, 09:03 AMokay enough with rants, can someone teach me how to build and mod private server on my own? I'm willing to pay if it speeds up the learning process, thank you

I was in the very same situation before I started working in Return to Morroc around this time, 2 years ago.

It's a lot of work and the path is kinda rough but can be done if you REALLY want to do it.

Hit me on discord, I don't mind providing minor guidance (no cost), if you have some brain and actually has the drive to get it done: admornstein
Working again on cool stuff for people tired of the old stuff.

This time invite only. :P

NoiI

You can join our server https://discord.gg/JPtk4zFc
We are not live yet but you can post your ideas there it is pretty close to what you are suggesting

Cheers

Blinzer

Quote from: Reehux on Feb 23, 2024, 09:03 AMokay enough with rants, can someone teach me how to build and mod private server on my own? I'm willing to pay if it speeds up the learning process, thank you

i can teach you a couple of basic things, though i don't know if orn already beat me to the punch.