Ragnagoats - 1/1/1 (An in-depth review)

Started by Aeroskye, Jul 22, 2023, 09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForgotMyOldAccount

Quote from: oRnuH on Jan 28, 2024, 08:11 AMFirst of all. I never heard of YanisRO, and currently its not even working. I did searched in RMS and Google and the website is down.
KokoRO is fully customeized.
I played Travels until it just closed one day without any notice.
Really want to know: What do you even talk about?

Pretty sure YanisRO is still alive so not sure why the website is down but...the default state of RO servers are vanilla pre-renewal and almost every LR server is exactly this since the devs don't have the skill set to make custom changes to begin with. They boot up the emulator, tweak nothing, and launch. It doesn't take any hard work. Even you as a complete novice can do it because it requires nothing. My point is that it isn't hard to find them so don't give up looking and pretend they are some mythical being. MemorialRO is another one with almost 0 custom changes.

betwixtbetween

Quote from: oRnuH on Jan 28, 2024, 08:11 AMFirst of all. I never heard of YanisRO, and currently its not even working. I did searched in RMS and Google and the website is down.

You're probably talking about another kokoRO

kokoRO was a near original server

Raïner

Quote from: ForgotMyOldAccount on Jan 28, 2024, 08:31 AMPretty sure YanisRO is still alive so not sure why the website is down but...the default state of RO servers are vanilla pre-renewal and almost every LR server is exactly this since the devs don't have the skill set to make custom changes to begin with. They boot up the emulator, tweak nothing, and launch. It doesn't take any hard work. Even you as a complete novice can do it because it requires nothing. My point is that it isn't hard to find them so don't give up looking and pretend they are some mythical being. MemorialRO is another one with almost 0 custom changes.

YanisRO is still active. Server owner is doing a DNS change so its gonna take some time before its up again

Shuchou

KokoRO had nothing customized about it, it was far more office then travels ever was. Heck the owner of Koko was fixing and cleaning up the emulator coding that travels used. But people go on and on about how they want a basic RO server but they don't play the ones that are open, claiming there are none around.

Seekr

Quote from: ForgotMyOldAccount on Jan 28, 2024, 07:57 AMThis is funny because YanisRO is a vanilla server and has been around for ages and has a population of like 10 people. Ragnagoats also was vanilla for a long time and suffered from a similarly low pop. People claim they want a vanilla pserver but when one exists they don't play it. Even old servers like KokoRO and Travels only got like 30 active players or so at a time! I hope for everyone who wants vanilla RO to stay in one place and put your metaphorical money where your mouth is so you all can play on one server together that finally caters to your needs.

Exactly. People just say they want a classic no-changes server.  Yet in reality servers with few to no updates(e.g YanisRo) are treated as dead and they leave to another server within a couple months. Changes help to keep the game fresh and players hooked.

Ragnagoats felt very very small. when it launched near a year ago. Just a few players here and there. But now it actually picked up quite a bit of new players. And primarily thanks to the changes shaking up the server.

Changes there are very mild when it comes to powerful classes. They mostly focus on buffing weak things - like autocast sage, luk builds, alchemist in PVM; If those things getting buffs is what upsets you, I don't really know what to say.

Raïner

1x is just too tedious for the general players to cope with, let alone vanilla with single client or  no customs.

It took me more than a year chopping off hill winds to transcend my blacksmith in YanisRO, while majority of new players just want extra support or party, and fell off at 85+ when repeatable quests are no longer there, and when grinding is imminent.

OrcLordDaddy

And yet, iRO Loki Classic somehow pulled it off, ezpz.

Raïner

Quote from: OrcLordDaddy on Jan 29, 2024, 07:39 AMAnd yet, iRO Loki Classic somehow pulled it off, ezpz.

If you count botting 24/7 as classic RO, welp...  :D

OldPoring

I wanted to ask on their discord but my old discord account said I had to give them my phone number and wouldn't let me in. So I'll ask you.
Who else has this error? Updates don't download using Ragnagoats Launcher.exe And I can't log in through the launcher.
And I can only enter the game through Ragnagoats.exe. How do I fix this?

Tanky

Seems like some sort of network problem. If it's anything like the other few times I've seen it, it likely isn't affecting many people and will go away on its own with a bit of time.

You can try downloading the latest lite client, see if that helps.

Aeroskye

Quote from: OldPoring on Jan 30, 2024, 06:11 AMI wanted to ask on their discord but my old discord account said I had to give them my phone number and wouldn't let me in. So I'll ask you.
Who else has this error? Updates don't download using Ragnagoats Launcher.exe And I can't log in through the launcher.
And I can only enter the game through Ragnagoats.exe. How do I fix this?

Probably try with the latest client. It could also be a firewall/windows defender issue maybe. So try starting as an administrator. Sometimes it randomly happens to me as well.

Leaf Cat

Quote from: OldPoring on Jan 30, 2024, 06:11 AMI wanted to ask on their discord but my old discord account said I had to give them my phone number and wouldn't let me in.

I don't know which Discord you tried to get into but the Ragnagoats Discord only requires you to have a verified email address. /ok

Anyhow, I hope your issue got sorted!

OldPoring

Quote from: Leaf Cat on Jan 30, 2024, 10:38 AMI don't know which Discord you tried to get into but the Ragnagoats Discord only requires you to have a verified  email address
No no. I mean whole https://discord.com/login "Verification required confirm by phone number". Maybe it's because I haven't visited it for a long time or something
--------
Client I download before the most recent update, a week ago. firewall/windows  brandmauer disabled, the firewall and added to trusted applications, I know how to use a firewall, and even turned it off completely.
Starting exe as an administrator doesn't help either.
I've had this problem for a long time, back in the summer I had the same error. In the summer, I couldn't go in at all.
Now I can enter the game through starting Ragnagoats.exe , but not Ragnagoats Launcher.exe
--------
--------
Downloaded last "ragnagoats_full_250124.zip" and now I can't run it in any way.
When I try start Ragnagoats Launcher.exe, it's just a blank sheet and "Navigation to the webpage has been cancelled".
When I try start Ragnagoats.exe, Gepard error.
My system is Windows 7.

duduu

Quote from: Aeroskye on Jan 26, 2024, 12:19 PMBumping because Ragnagoats implemented its biggest patch just yet. The Core Mechanics changes that touch upon a lot of skills & skill trees being modified to create more vivid varieties of play.

LMAO EDP EFFECT FOR 30 MINUTES HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

duduu

Seeing this thread now makes me wonder if people are opening their eyes about the server and its dev, lmao

They "keep it classic" but only what they like or benefit their friends.

Everyone who played excelRO and was there and was part of the Ancient Mummy fiasco knows what I'm talking about