What happened to NovaRO changed anything in the other p2w servers?

Started by Kushiro, Sep 10, 2023, 11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sachimi

Quote from: 2k2 on Nov 27, 2023, 02:03 PMExactly.

Nobody complains about cash shop. If servers want to to sustain the project through donations, that's fine, but put them untradeable.

People complain about anything on cashshop being tradeable, because that means you could literally start playing a 10 years old server and within 10 minutes become the richest player in the server, if you have the money (or are simply stupid enough to support greedy pigs like p2w server owners).

Any server allowing direct or indirect exchange of real-world money to tradeable currency or zeny is p2w. It's basically am official RMT done by the server itself.

Using the excuse "but you can acquire it ingame too!!!" is the stupidest thing ever because it's totally the same thing taking hours/days/years to acquire something some rich/stupid kid could get in seconds, right?

Bro, are you that pressed that other people spend money instead of time? It's practically the Dead Sea up in this b.

Regardless, to me, the defintion of P2W only means "paying for something that gives you an advantage, that otherwise cannot be acquired". Period. These salty donkey arguments are never going to change my mind about it. I can only come to the conclusion that people changed the definition because they're jealous/salty about other people having money. I've never spent any money at all on RO ever in my 20 years of playing, but I don't have this kind of whiny attitude.

Do you also get angry when other people pay to get in the "fast" lines at Disneyland? Or get upset at some guy who has a lot of money and bought the shoes you wanted, that you were saving up money to get? I mean, damn. That's just so ridiculous.

Herpderp

Quote from: Sachimi on Nov 28, 2023, 08:56 AMRegardless, to me, the defintion of P2W only means "paying for something that gives you an advantage, that otherwise cannot be acquired". Period. These salty donkey arguments are never going to change my mind about it. I can only come to the conclusion that people changed the definition because they're jealous/salty about other people having money. I've never spent any money at all on RO ever in my 20 years of playing, but I don't have this kind of whiny attitude.

1. Plays TalonRO, the most quintessential "ooga ooga me pay for MVP cards to be a supersaiyan" pay2win server in history.

2. Seems to have a PHD in how everything is not p2w and proudly proclaims how no argument can change his mind

3. Has a complete meltdown because someone called something p2w

4. Believes only rich gigachad CEO's ever p2w, and totally never complete losers who have no control of their life (cough gacha games made for waifutards cough)

Uhh yeah you definitely strike me as a guy who never wipped out mom's credit card for anything.  /heh 

Metan

(off-topic discussion removed)

Anyhow, you asked why people considered cash shop with items that don't give you an advantage (costumes, for example) as P2W, and two people argued that, as long as it includes at least one item that has value to other players (from +99 all stats to a cute Memory of Lovers costume), an indirect conversion from cash points to Zeny or other in-game items will be possible. You may not like or even want those items yourself; nonetheless, you're getting ahead in-game and acquiring money (and therefore, or instead) items not by playing, but by swiping your credit card. That's a textbook definition of P2W.

Disagreeing with this was not the problem, per se, even though it's a valid point; suggesting whoever brings this up is a salty man who hasn't the income to do it himself, and is therefore moved by jealousy, is the problem, because not only it's an attack to the person and not the argument, but the arguments were neither aggressive nor aimed to provoke you in specific: it's like biting a helping hand. Which, coupled with the fact you're playing a server infamous for its predatory greediness, only suggests that you're the one who's secretly stirred by the implications of this subject. In short, it was unfair, it was dishonest, and one could even argue it's another freudian slip, and it all came from the left field. You brought this upon yourself.

NimbleStorm

This discussion on P2W servers and the monetization strategies employed by different servers is particularly valuable. It's clear that there is a spectrum of approaches, and to me, responsible server administrators should aim to strike a balance that supports the server's sustainability without compromising the gaming experience for players.

An emphasis on fair and balanced donation systems, where benefits are available to both donors and non-donors, is a positive step toward creating an inclusive and enjoyable gaming environment. The challenges posed by real money trading (RMT) are also acknowledged, and the role of responsible server administration in mitigating its negative impacts is crucial.

As long as there are dedicated players and competent server owners/staff who are committed to providing engaging and fair experiences, private server communities can continue to thrive and the magic of Ragnarok Online lives on! Talk about nostalgia, eh...? Lol.
Rise of Legends | Grand Opening: May 1st 2024