Midgard Legends

Started by 2k2, Oct 22, 2023, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckyblackat

I just noticed, why you guys are saying those things, first, no, there was no rollback, if anything like a few mins max, I played quite a bit, the "joke" was because the server dced about 3h in after launch, soo people were joking about wipe, and at this point I asked if we wiped would it be a wipe or a 3h rollback? That's literally it...

I don't like some things/claims as well, it's not my place anymore to deal or care about it, but the server hit 800 players and is on an constant average of 600, it is doing fine, if this is good or bad idk, nor care, I'm just playing it and return to morroc and chilling, feel free to point things and discuss all you want, but at least have the right context...

2k2

Quote from: luckyblackat on Oct 28, 2023, 04:20 PMI just noticed, why you guys are saying those things, first, no, there was no rollback, if anything like a few mins max, I played quite a bit, the "joke" was because the server dced about 3h in after launch, soo people were joking about wipe, and at this point I asked if we wiped would it be a wipe or a 3h rollback? That's literally it...

I don't like some things/claims as well, it's not my place anymore to deal or care about it, but the server hit 800 players and is on an constant average of 600, it is doing fine, if this is good or bad idk, nor care, I'm just playing it and return to morroc and chilling, feel free to point things and discuss all you want, but at least have the right context...
You lost your credibility long ago, and made it even worse by still protecting the proven lies and corruption within your server. This is like the 4th or 5th time on this thread alone where you keep saying "it's not my place anymore, I'm not defending or protecting Loki or his server", yet all you do is come here to either lie again or justify their lies. Also, stop with the fake player numbers screenshots, nobody is buying that after all the debunked lies you, Loki and the rest of the staff said.

Rollback after crash after rollback after crash and so on. Something we only see in those brazillian dumpster RMT servers. A level of incompetence never seen before in the private server circle.

So, let me get it straight: because of the lack of experience in this game or just plain stupidity from the team, people abused the Umbala Meat Quest to easily get 75% of the total items needed for the Autoloot skill, requiring them only to farm 250 Shells, with was clearly a major oversight, but now on this second attempt of a launch, you're rewarding everyone that exploited this unintended mistake with free autoloot, and everyone else that wasn't there last week to abuse it, is punished/forced to manually grind every single of the 1000 items? Talk about fairness.

Only on a server like this we see this kind of situation. This team never disappoints when it comes to make bad decisions in literally everything they do.
Find me here:

luckyblackat

Yada yada yada, there you go again, don't care, you used my name to state an incorrect fact about the wipe using my name and photo as statement, and I corrected you, that's all, no need to be butthurt. That's on you, your name has as much less value as mine, we are both randoms online.

I did not even defend Loki, you can go ahead and say whatever.

I play the server and enjoy, I also do value Neko work and know the player count is legit, you can complain and say what fits your desires, but you are just stating wrong stuff as well lol, and even using me and dodging when called out lmao, you can join the sv and easily see that the store number tripled, the global, trade and party chat never stops and is full of different unique people, and any map such as beginner grounds, spores, wolfs, tf, all orcs, ice dun, anubis, stalagnitic, thor etc... have full parties roaming around, hell you dont even need to join, any streamer is in those spots and you can see multiple groups moving or static leveling, there are also multiple twitch vods showing the server did not wipe in those screenshots you used...

2k2

Loki must be really grateful for his loyal CM still here after getting non-stop s*** on for 3 weeks, spreading fake s*** about his server, lying for him and protecting his lies. What a good hateshield you are.

Excuse me? Play your server? You mistake me. I nearly gave the server a chance but the day I planned to it exploded and it's even worse than it was now. No thanks.

I guess it's more important to send your CM here to defend your s*** server than to work on it to improve and gain the much-needed experience. If only this CM wasn't so terrible at PR damage control though.

See you in your next reply here defending the server, its lies and corruptions for the 7th time after saying "I'm done with it. I'm not protecting anything anymore." o7
Find me here:

amoryblaine

besides the entertainement I got from this whole thing, I can only take my gut feeling on the "3 years in the making" without any further elaboration so like most should I didnt even download this dumpsterfire.

I also learned that no mater how stupid and messy you do your stupid get rich fast schemes. If you attract enought attention the brainless mob will not give a single f***. I am sure that with the said 500 players they can make some money, so worth it?

Wild ride

ForgotMyOldAccount

Quote from: amoryblaine on Oct 28, 2023, 10:54 PMIf you attract enought attention the brainless mob will not give a single f***.

The RO community just deserves the abuse at this point, people love supporting nonsense servers then crying 6 months later when it inevitably steals all their money, sells all their data, and closes down.

KickStart

Was watching a guildmate play this server while I downloaded the client.
Deleted the client as soon as it finished, since I'd seen like 7 crashes during the ~15 minute process of finding a working mirror and downloading the client.
Glad I didn't invest any time beyond that.

I have worked on a few servers in the past under varying names like Lazarus and Tyrant, but damn - I've never seen a staff member lie QUITE so hard, aside from good old Ancy.

Orange

I know that this is completely irrelevant compared to all the actual drama but it made me chuckle; it looks like the server re-launch wasn't even @everyone'd on the discord, no actual mention of it in the #news channel just new download links posted a few days ago

300+ online. The already bleak future of RO is getting even worse if this is a server people accept
:3

Metan

Assuming there are indeed 300+ online. Inflating /w numbers is the oldest trick in the book.

2k2

Weird donkey server. I friend of mine played and streamed for 6h and I watched it all.

This server really is weird and made lots of bold claims the still hasn't delivered. Most of their custom/unique/original content are not implemented or may be implemented but completely unbalanced or buggy to the point nobody touches it.

The balance is horrible and exploitable until some point due to having free and unlimited resets until 50, meaning you can  abuse the first and second raid playing optimal builds instead of having a more real gameplay with different builds.

Some of the "balances" are still terribly overpowered, for example, Brandish Spear with 2-H Spears hitting a huge area of effect (talking about half the screen, not even kidding) for like 6k+ DMG (again, unrefined NPC weapon, no cards or endow or any buffs).

The raids are a joke, no challenge or dept at all, and quite hilarious the first one/lowest level one is the hardest of all. The rewards are pretty busted for the time it takes to finish (team of experienced players finish it in less than 3 minutes), easily being abusable for free items, potions and cards if you create specific meta characters for the specific raid level range. This is what every group has been doing to maintain infinite potions.

Now the worst and shady part:

Recently they announced on discord they hired 4 or 5 CMs to help the staff take care of things. Supposedly one of each language supported in the server.

Fine so far... Except that 2 of these new CMs are from one specific guild/group I don't even need to mention which, right?

What people feared and knew would happen sooner or later, happened, pretty much the same way to happen back on Payon Stories when they made that "PvM Council" stuff and put only members of that specific guild.

During the 6h I watched, the server would either crash or disconnect at least twice and hour, and in every crash there would be a rollback of 2-5 minutes. BIG chance of losing cards or valuable drops if you're unfortunate with bad timing during a server crash.

Also the "300+" player numbers are fake. The server likely has 150-200 players, because it's much less active than Payon Stories.
Find me here:

Shuchou

Yeah that changed spear mastery really F'd the spear knights dmg adding like 400 base dmg before any skill modifiers making it super easy to one hit almost anything with 99str +7 elem pike without any cards. They really did not test anything before hand. But seeing as they have yet to relist the server, tells me they know if they would have it would get another wave of bad reviews on what a mess the server STILL is.

2k2

Quote from: Shuchou on Nov 03, 2023, 04:50 PMYeah that changed spear mastery really F'd the spear knights dmg adding like 400 base dmg before any skill modifiers making it super easy to one hit almost anything with 99str +7 elem pike without any cards. They really did not test anything before hand. But seeing as they have yet to relist the server, tells me they know if they would have it would get another wave of bad reviews on what a mess the server STILL is.
The masteries in general are ultra buffed to the point of classes without it simply dealing no damage. I don't even want to start thinking of how retarded will be a Paladin with maxed Spear Mastery and Demon Bane against demon/undead monsters. Scary and uncontested DPS easily.

The raids can be easily cheesed with Cicada ninja to the point they can almost solo it.

And I don't know if this is the norm for brazillian servers, but the community is f*** horrible and toxic. My friend was playing a GC crusader and he couldn't even gather a small pack of monsters and cast GC in time before some fly-winger teleport on top of him and one-shot all of his monsters. This was in every single map. KS fiesta and the GMs doesn't care about this, they consider this a "normal behavior" in the game. @noks is bugged and doesn't even work there too. Worse part is that you ask the players not to do that and they will start to call you really bad names and even racist stuff.

Like Shuchou said, the balance is beyond f*** and you can clearly see NOTHING was tested beforehand because the numbers in a lot of stuff are super exaggerated.

The server shouldn't even be in an Alpha state, let alone beta or release. Couple more years and the server could actually be cool if they can properly implement their ideas and REALLY balance everything. Also start doing something about the blatant KS fiesta and toxicity in general.

Terrible server with a terrible community and laughable gameplay.
Find me here:

2k2

And the lies continues...

"8 years of Origins" > already debunked with data and dates by skyleo/GM Kreuzbube.
"6 months of OathRO" > everyone that was part of Oath that came here to talk about this confirmed he was never part of the team.
"1 year of ExcelRO" > no idea what server this is, but I assume it's a lie too since he's has made much worse claims.

Funny how he didn't mention he was staff of two previous servers where he and his friends (current Midgard Legends staff) came out as corrupt: Arkaik Online and Ragna4th.

He's saying he was some "[GM]/[CM] Freyr" on OathRO and was going after RMT schemes/RMTers (in the first batch of screenshots I posted on page 2, he claimed the opposite of this: that he worked only on the "rebalance comission" and had never been part of the team working against RMTers).

Dastgir? Sairek? Is this real? Did this GM really existed and did this job? Was this GM really Rebelo/Loki/Cronwell?

Weirdly, [GM]Freyr is another complete different individual on their (Midgard Legends) staff. Very confusing (and suspicious?).

Again saying he was part of the "rebalance comission" and that had no idea there were RMT running rampant between p2w and the staff, when not even 10min before this message, he claimed he was [GM]Freyr on OathRO and his job was to huntdown RMTers.

Trying to prove he's legit by posting internal stuff from OriginsRO staff (and apparently, 2020 to 2022 to him is 8 years?)
Find me here:

dastgir

I see now.

He was [CM] Freyr in Oath (Portuguese CM, no role of balancing) from 22nd October 2022 3:14 AM (GMT+0, as per discord joining date of staff channel) till 9th November 2022  00:30AM (Partially active during his tenure), where he voluntarily stepped down from CM duties.

I don't see any message of him , regarding catching RMT players or balancing but just acting on normal reports (bot reports, harassment report and those kind of things)

Sairek Ceareste

Quote from: dastgir on Nov 03, 2023, 11:00 PMI see now.

He was [CM] Freyr in Oath (Portuguese CM, no role of balancing) from 22nd October 2022 3:14 AM (GMT+0, as per discord joining date of staff channel) till 9th November 2022  00:30AM (Partially active during his tenure), where he voluntarily stepped down from CM duties.

I don't see any message of him , regarding catching RMT players or balancing but just acting on normal reports (bot reports, harassment report and those kind of things)

I can back Dastgir up with this as well. This is when he joined the team (My time zone is Eastern Standard Time).

And this is when he stepped down:

(The second picture is modified because I blurred sensitive portions for privacy; the reason why he stepped down are his own and doesn't matter for the point of discussion anyway).

He didn't come back after that, but in fairness, OathRO didn't last very long after his departure anyway. Regardless, he wasn't on the staff for a month, let alone six months. Also again, Community Managers never balanced anything. I mean, we could offer suggestions, just like any player could, but there was no dedicated "balance team", and if he was on that if such thing were to have existed, then he probably wouldn't have been a CM anyway. Nobody really "double-dipped" roles except for admins, except Ayami for translation stuff/discord moderation.

Also, I should point out that his name has of course changed since then which is why I didn't know who he was. Especially when there is someone on staff over there on Midgard Legends is already named "Freyr", Not that Discord's message searching is too accurate anyway.

I'm actually happy to see he seems to have recovered from when he left OathRO staff though, and I hope he's doing better with IRL things now.