HotshotGG is back in the RO scene

Started by betwixtbetween, Oct 25, 2023, 03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

betwixtbetween

If you don't know who hotshot is, he made one of the biggest RO pservers years ago.

Now he's enjoying some custom content.

If you think your preferred server is better, convince him why your server is better and we could relive the cope that is ggRO 5k players

2k2

GGRO was pretty trash and corrupt from the start. The server did get a massive amount of player, but since Hotshot probably isn't well informed about the private server RO scene, he's easily deceived by shady devs into hiring them and we could be setting up another situation where Cookie or other corrupt devs join the project to quickly cash a big buck and then either abandon or destroy the server.

Personally I hope this doesn't concretize because if ggRO was that bad and sort of a cesspit in toxicity back in 2013, can you imagine what it would be today? No thanks, we're already dealing with enough corruption and bad servers currently, piling more s*** is not gonna help.
Find me here:

Felione

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 25, 2023, 05:50 AMGGRO was pretty trash and corrupt from the start. The server did get a massive amount of player, but since Hotshot probably isn't well informed about the private server RO scene, he's easily deceived by shady devs into hiring them and we could be setting up another situation where Cookie or other corrupt devs join the project to quickly cash a big buck and then either abandon or destroy the server.

Personally I hope this doesn't concretize because if ggRO was that bad and sort of a cesspit in toxicity back in 2013, can you imagine what it would be today? No thanks, we're already dealing with enough corruption and bad servers currently, piling more s*** is not gonna help.

I understand you might have been here long, but you seem to be on some tirade against a lot of private servers. As the post stated, 5k players, so just how corrupt could this server have been? that all 5k players benefitted? I personally feel you should take a step back and breathe a little. Whatever you heard, whatever you read, sprinkle some salt on it. If a person can be that successful, then your measurement tools of what is toxic and corrupt, need to be adjusted, just a little. Assume more credit if that many were willing to join and be a part of it. However it may have ended, I'm sure that name brings joy to a certain group that might have been waiting for another opening.

ADM Ornstein

Hello there, Hotshot is currently playing in Return to Morroc btw.

He's also not affiliated with me in any way and is enjoying it as a player, seems like a cool guy from what little we talked.

He mentioned having "messed with" private servers in the past but that's all the info I have. Any extra information is appreciated (as long as its honest, verified and most of all, polite.)

thanks.
Working again on cool stuff for people tired of the old stuff.

This time invite only. :P

Orange

Quote from: admornstein on Oct 25, 2023, 09:25 AMtext

This is a decent summary, there's threads on this forum about ggRO and many, many about Cookie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ggRO/comments/33qapy/drama_for_the_dead/

I've played a decent amount of matches of LoL with him early on, one time I was on his team and I went Annie and bought 6 pickaxe, we won. Fine dude imo
:3

ADM Ornstein

Quote from: Orange on Oct 25, 2023, 09:48 AMThis is a decent summary, there's threads on this forum about ggRO and many, many about Cookie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ggRO/comments/33qapy/drama_for_the_dead/

I've played a decent amount of matches of LoL with him early on, one time I was on his team and I went Annie and bought 6 pickaxe, we won. Fine dude imo

Oh I was not aware he was part of the  "Cookie Incident", I never played there, just heard about it.

That's a sad thing, dang. Wish him the best.

Daifuku.

ew. hope he stopped asking random girls for nudes and what their league is, cause "he accepts only dia, nice body isn't enough". i absolutely can't with this guy.

2k2

Quote from: Felione on Oct 25, 2023, 09:09 AM[...]
You just said you have no idea what happened on ggRO without saying you have no idea what happened on ggRO.

Big numbers or success doesn't mean it can't be or it's not corrupt. That server had the most corrupt dev in the history of Ragnarok private servers, did so many bad things to the point of even the server owner abandoning it after some time.

I suggest you to do some quick Google search next time before start accusing others.
Find me here:

Herpderp

Regarding ggRO, from what I remember it was mostly MartshartGG abandoning the project because he got bored. He basically made the server as a gift to his gf (or so i heard) and when she stopped playing he had no reason to stick around.  /hmm

Cookie did his typical sociopath s*** and probably stole money, but I don't think he was the trigger for the server dying. Also I remember how Hotshot's abandonment of the project was kept a secret from the playerbase for weeks, people just kinda got the hint eventually that the admin team had quietly peaced out at, which point they did they "oh yeah server dead btw, cookie bad" dance. Glad I never invested time into that s*** server.  /heh

Regarding him playing, I don't know why this deserves a thread, he has always played random RO servers on occasion, even tried to do his own server several times (post ggRO) but it never went anywhere. I remember he wanted to remove flywings from the game so that people would "properly travel across maps" or some s*** and people mockingly called it flywingRO   /gg

Blinzer

hotshot will forever be known as the guy whose nidalee was worse than my mordekaiser. Doesn't matter how many years pass

attached is a screenshot of him elo bombing me to try to push me out of top 25 like a little b**** (:

Metan

This is just off-topic. There's no server discussion, just gossip over an old name.

And damn, that's an old LeL picture.

Blinzer

Quote from: Metan on Oct 25, 2023, 01:14 PMThis is just off-topic. There's no server discussion, just gossip over an old name.

And damn, that's an old LeL picture.

he was supposed to be banned right then and there for griefing rankings at a top level, but he got special treatment because he was in deep as a judge since alpha, so he got away with all sorts of ruin. the one thing you can't ever sweep under the rug, no matter how hard you try though, is being the worse player.

thanks for f***ing up the system and never taking home a world's for NA though, i'm really glad you did it over me by rigging the system. you failure of a human.

luckyblackat

Is that the same person on league from years ago that used to have a nasty nidalee for the time? That's really cool, used to watch him a decade ago if it is!

ADM Ornstein

Quote from: luckyblackat on Oct 25, 2023, 02:13 PMIs that the same person on league from years ago that used to have a nasty nidalee for the time? That's really cool, used to watch him a decade ago if it is!

Yeah! that guy! we discussed briefly about LoL and RO, he did mention wanting to work with it in the past but "Cookie" happened and all.

wLink

I doubt he would want to start his own server again after what happened with ggRO, I think he's been playing RO for quite some time on and off anyway on pservers.