Midgard Legends

Started by 2k2, Oct 22, 2023, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patashiva

WOW, this drama never ends.

Blinzer

Quote from: Nova on Oct 25, 2023, 08:05 AMThat's some "interesting" information about the Midgard Legends Admin team. There is more stuff as well which will probably come out soon.

But why do you keep fabricating stories about p2w and Reborn? They have NEVER been caught cheating or doing anything illegal, because they have never done it. You fell for a troll post from Reborn that he made for his own amusement (the post where he claimed to have made 50k USD from RMT on OathRO).

Why don't you go and ask the Admin team of OathRO and Payon Stories themselves? Or better yet go and send an email to gravity asking to check the logs from iRO back in the day. You won't find anything, because it was never there. Gosh!

not gonna comment, buddy? just gonna keep bottom feeding like the band of second rate humans that you are? that's surprising

Metan

Quote from: Playtester on Oct 25, 2023, 10:27 AMI think it's totally fine to delist your server on RMS when you realize you f*** up and want to restart the server in an attempt to make it better.

If someone genuinely wants to do better we should always give them a chance and rate them based on whatever they offer now rather than what they offered in the past.

(In this case it seems like it would be a lot of work to do better, but still.)
What exactly is that supposed to mean; that, even though the worst lot have gathered on his server, the owner is just a victim and he deserves another chance? What nonsense. He wasn't forced at gunpoint to accept their company, spread lies and plagiarize stuff. If he was truly unwise to all of this and is simply trying to make amends, he would first reevaluate the people he's been working with and reflect on all that has happened, not announce a v2 right away while claiming "these won't happen again, pinky promise."

Note I'm not arguing against the current RMS listing policy, just the idea that we're dealing with a poor man who's been deceived and is now entering his redemption arc, or something to that effect.

luckyblackat

Just to clear this up since this is becoming quite the long mess. I did all for love and have not been paid a single cent, nor ever asked for it.

I as of few days ago am not involved anymore, while I'm still playing and helping on questions or whatever, I do that in EVERY server I play, since I just like helping people. I'm back to being just a normal gamer sushiman that is studying for a publicjob/gamedev while chilling on games with friends.

About myself and the post, I believe this has already been "solved" I was excited to help and did what I could with the info I had, which to me was the truth at the time, after being confronted, I dealt with it directly on DMs and from learning about the wrong information I fixed what I could and did a new post.

About defending that guild or the server, I'm not the shot caller, nor gonna take blows over and over for others again, I put a ton of effort like the rest of the team, and that's why the results and posts on reddit/rms hurt me soo much, after taking a break to breath and think I understood that the time and effort spent does not change the fact the server had problems and people had right to be upset and complain, I do wish people were less rude, more reasonable and a bit more polite.

About said bug abuse and exploit, it was a change from OBT to LAUNCH, which was definitly a mistake from us and very silly to change during that stage and not just fix bugs, but again, we are no professionals, just a group of folks that joined together and we do mistakes like any other person, but we at least try, the quest exp was from a change on multilevelling being enabled as far as I know, since it is a weekly exp quests, many people though it was normal to give a lot of exp, when we got aware, it got fixed.

The homunculus was also our mistake when trying to change the alchemist to something more fun and with different builds, yes it was used by that guild, but also from other players, and it had been reported, we were just soo busy during that time and incompentent that it slip and stayed live for way too long without any word from our side, like a redditor said, we definitly should have published a warn/news or shut the server to fix/solve it, on top of all of this in case people are not fully aware, there were quite a lot of bugs and some being very important generating crashes, those were fixed soo far and the biggest focus of the entire team, was pin pointing this Gepard crash that had no info from logs or anything, soo we kept trying things till finding the issue.

I'm not saying said guild is innocent, or angels, or good people, they have history, I heard both sides, I don't know them, I don't know you, you don't know me, but I personally believe everyone deserves a chance to do better, and have always been a reasonable person that believes talking to people and understanding better is important, in this case I still think it was our fault, but again I'm not, nor was the judge, I know if they do abuse or do anything bad they will be banned like any other person, but they did report multiple problems and bugs like any other player soo far.

About claims of corrution, people are crazy and will say and do whatever they can to prove their point, we have not paid anyone nor being paid by anyone, the costs soo far have been the server/website host, RMS ads, and time. We got no sustain from anyone much less a guild, we paid no one to ad for us either like some crazy claims, the reddit and trailer was made by us as well, and if we had money we would have paid for testers and a bunch more of stuff. The server shop/cash is still not even made, nor available, nor on the website, you literally can't donate, you can say whatever you want, but calling the server a cashgrab is just totally bs at this point when Neko spent all his time trying to fix the server and get it into a playable state.

Finally about the staff/team, I'll point mostly MY SIDE as it's what I know, as I cleared it out before, the dev Neko has spent over 3y of his life/time developing the server, but as far as I know it was never his main job nor focus to live from it, it started when Neko meet Loki on a stream if I'm not mistaken, it began from there, I had meet Loki from playing on another server called Arkaik as we both were helping on tests for the server that was struggling during that time, I tried quite a bit to help on it as best as I could, I believed on it and though "Zell" was still a part of the team by then (And again I even helped moderate there and got burned in place of others again, heh), by that time I was frustrated with Arkaik and heard about the Neko thing, I loved the idea of a passionate server with new content/gameplay and the focus to make something actually fun and good for players with no RMT or worry about making money, I asked about it and that's about when I joined.

After some time other people joined and the thing started moving, at the start I was spending literally all my free time studying and learning basically how to make HD sprites of everything, I learned, did my own framework for it and started producing, which I still have the .grf file with all classes and mobs, I had to stop because I wanted to study for a better real life job (life > games), by that time I was very absent while they were working, the HD thing was never added because some sprites would act weird/buggy and I was absent to check on it.

Early tests, just as "proof" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMu4Rb_lO24&ab_channel=LuckyBlackat

Anyways, moving on, that's my story and my part on it mostly, I came back to help a bit on CBT/OBT but was still absent, and dropped the studies to help fully before launch and post launch as things got busy, and that's basically all my view on this whole thing.

As the acusations for [GM]Peech, I had never heard of said person, but I can confirm she is not here and from what I heard the nationality does not match anyone in the team.

About [GM]Yuuf, she is a really kind person and I still have not seen any proof about this nor anyone that has more info about said story and has shared anything or photos about it, but then again, I won't die on a stake for anyone, they are free to defend themselves.

As for [ADM]Loki, I already defended him and got destroyed by it, plus my name got put in the middle and made fun of, I'm not putting my hand on fire for anyone again, the things he says and said are there and everywhere for anyone to look and take their conclusions, I don't have proof for any of it, nor will look more into any of the sides, I'm done with this drama and getting hurt, I have been the only person trying to speak on reddit/rms and it became a heavy chore on my mind, you are free to take your stance/side and do what you will, but I'll not be the one solving those issues anymore, it's not MY battle nor name to clear and one of the reasons I left with all the stress when I only wanted to do good and help build a fun server so me and everyone could enjoy.

2k2

[ADM]Loki/GM Cronwell/Rebelo continues to make claims about being part of OathRO staff. Dastgir and Sairek, are you sure he wasn't in the staff under a different name? Anyway, hiding your identity/using different names for different projects seems suspicious if you have good intentions and have done nothing wrong.

>[ADM]Loki: "copied" (OathRO's rebalance) because I was part of the rebalance comission of OathRO and 90% was changed because it doesn't fit transclasses

To [ADM]Loki/GM Cronwell/Rebelo and people thinking I'm someone they know:

I'm very much still in your discord, was never banned on discord or from the game (which I didn't even create an account or played the game as I knew p2w was part of OBT and there would be major exploits on the launch) and I'm not this "remova-a" player/from this guild/whatever else that is or mean. I don't play or talk with any brazillian other than interacting with a few in the past days because of what happened. Last server I played consistently was Origins and since it went on hiatus, I played some random servers for a few hours (or a full week in case of Payon Stories).
Find me here:

Playtester

Quote from: Metan on Oct 25, 2023, 01:23 PMWhat exactly is that supposed to mean; that, even though the worst lot have gathered on his server, the owner is just a victim and he deserves another chance? What nonsense. He wasn't forced at gunpoint to accept their company, spread lies and plagiarize stuff. If he was truly unwise to all of this and is simply trying to make amends, he would first reevaluate the people he's been working with and reflect on all that has happened, not announce a v2 right away while claiming "these won't happen again, pinky promise."

Note I'm not arguing against the current RMS listing policy, just the idea that we're dealing with a poor man who's been deceived and is now entering his redemption arc, or something to that effect.
If you ask me, it doesn't matter at all whether he was a victim or not (and for clarity: I never said that he is a victim either). Everybody should also be left the chance to do better.

And we should criticize people for what they did wrong and not for what they did right.

ForgotMyOldAccount

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 25, 2023, 01:35 PM[ADM]Loki/GM Cronwell/Rebelo continues to make claims about being part of OathRO staff. Dastgir and Sairek, are you sure he wasn't in the staff under a different name? Anyway, hiding your identity/using different names for different projects seems suspicious if you have good intentions and have done nothing wrong.

>[ADM]Loki: "copied" (OathRO's rebalance) because I was part of the rebalance comission of OathRO and 90% was changed because it doesn't fit transclasses

Something is not adding up here. Was this guy a part of OathRO staff or not? I don't think it could be Oathkeeper himself as Oathkeeper, as I remember him, was American, not brazilian.

2k2

Quote from: luckyblackat on Oct 25, 2023, 01:24 PMI'm not saying said guild is innocent, [...] I know if they do abuse or do anything bad they will be banned like any other person, [...]
They did abuse and did do bad things though. And [ADM]Loki even said they "wouldn't last a week" with him there, and even said he would ban them on the first bad things they do, and they did a lot.

Quote from: luckyblackat on Oct 25, 2023, 01:24 PM[...] but they did report multiple problems and bugs like any other player soo far.
You're correct, they did report problems and bugs... only after people called them out for the abuses and after the server was shutdown to prepare for the wipe. It was when they reported a lot of really dangerous bugs such as infinite zeny.

Quote from: ForgotMyOldAccount on Oct 25, 2023, 01:53 PMSomething is not adding up here. Was this guy a part of OathRO staff or not? I don't think it could be Oathkeeper himself as Oathkeeper, as I remember him, was American, not brazilian.
Not Oathkeeper as he mentioned/talked about him in the ticket screenshots. He tried to build credibility using Origins name but his claims were debunked by staff members as inflated/half-truths/lies, so perhaps he's doing the same with OathRO. If only he knew OathRO was never a good or respected server though.
Find me here:

luckyblackat

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 25, 2023, 01:58 PMThey did abuse and did do bad things though. And [ADM]Loki even said they "wouldn't last a week" with him there, and even said he would ban them on the first bad things they do, and they did a lot.
You're correct, they did report problems and bugs... only after people called them out for the abuses and after the server was shutdown to prepare for the wipe. It was when they reported a lot of really dangerous bugs such as infinite zeny.
Not Oathkeeper as he mentioned/talked about him in the ticket screenshots. He tried to build credibility using Origins name but his claims were debunked by staff members as inflated/half-truths/lies, so perhaps he's doing the same with OathRO. If only he knew OathRO was never a good or respected server though.

You are free to do, complain, and believe whatever you want, I just stated my things and I'm done with this

dastgir

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 25, 2023, 01:35 PM[ADM]Loki/GM Cronwell/Rebelo continues to make claims about being part of OathRO staff. Dastgir and Sairek, are you sure he wasn't in the staff under a different name? Anyway, hiding your identity/using different names for different projects seems suspicious if you have good intentions and have done nothing wrong.

I'm very much still in your discord, was never banned on discord or from the game (which I didn't even create an account or played the game as I knew p2w was part of OBT and there would be major exploits on the launch) and I'm not this "remova-a" player/from this guild/whatever else that is or mean. I don't play or talk with any brazillian other than interacting with a few in the past days because of what happened. Last server I played consistently was Origins and since it went on hiatus, I played some random servers for a few hours (or a full week in case of Payon Stories).
Totally false claim. He was never part of staff(or staff discord) and there was no such role responsible for balancing skills. Sairek was the one who worked with Oath and verified most of the changes (Before the server went beta), and gradual balancing changes occured after that.

2k2

Quote from: luckyblackat on Oct 25, 2023, 02:04 PMYou are free to do, complain, and believe whatever you want, I just stated my things and I'm done with this
Yes, I am complaining just like most of your community did and I'm not "believing" anything, I'm stating a fact, things I've seen with my own eyes and even showing that your statement regarding them "getting banned if they abuse" is false.

You're brazillian, you can read all this. Am I lying or making up any of this? [ADM]Loki did said in multiple occasions he knows them, is aware of what they do and what they likely will, how he's keeping a close eyes on them and how he would ban that group upon their first abuse/rule break. He didn't though, he lied about all his affirmations just like you are lying about it now saying "they would be banned on abusing just like any other player".
Find me here:

luckyblackat

Quote from: 2k2 on Oct 25, 2023, 02:17 PMYes, I am complaining just like most of your community did and I'm not "believing" anything, I'm stating a fact, things I've seen with my own eyes and even showing that your statement regarding them "getting banned if they abuse" is false.

You're brazillian, you can read all this. Am I lying or making up any of this? [ADM]Loki did said in multiple occasions he knows them, is aware of what they do and what they likely will, how he's keeping a close eyes on them and how he would ban that group upon their first abuse/rule break. He didn't though, he lied about all his affirmations just like you are lying about it now saying "they would be banned on abusing just like any other player".

Not defending anyone or saying anything anymore, you do you and good luck, that's what I mean, I'm on my way to be happy again and less stressed

Sairek Ceareste

He claims he was on the "balance" team...?

There was only two people in the beta for that: Oathkeeper and myself. ...And I was literally paid to do it the vast bulk of it after Oathkeeper ran his algorithm or whatever. After beta, there wasn't a "balance" team, we just took community suggestions, and for big content, like Muspelheim, had a test server for people to test things for balance and give feedback based on that. Anything before that was bug testing before said open beta test.

From what they're saying, my best guess from what they are describing is that he was in one of the player committees (or whatever it was) or something? Which was most certainly not OathRO staff at all if that is the case. It was just basically a suggestion channel. There was a different one for WoE which wasn't as open (basically for guild leaders and a couple of their officers each), but I was never a part of that.
It was just a channel where individuals could opt in from the normal chat and could basically just discuss suggestions and either encourage or discourage certain suggestions and bring attention to any ideas that sounded good and reasonable. Most of this devolved into whether if Magma dungeon was okay or not for a good while.

This was eventually phased out and the channel deleted for the use of Discord forums instead, if my memory serves me correctly.

swtfear

where can i download the server  /?

ADM Ornstein

ADM "Loki" will go into the hall of fame for achievements.

Works with NASA sometimes(no joke)
post-doc in bio stuff
play tester for wizards of the coast
GM in multiple servers over longer periods than they exist
balance team from a server with no balance team
multiple partners and agreements over the entire community

I'm usually pretty neutral on this stuff, but DAMN does it hurt my soul to have morally-supported the project. This guy is nuts.

(even if some of these things are true, the constant repeat of them is ...dang.)
Working again on cool stuff for people tired of the old stuff.

This time invite only. :P