Project Alfheim is back

Started by bigx, Jun 16, 2023, 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigx

betwixtbetween

Dead server lmao everyone left

Playtester

315 players online right now which is on par with the other largest low rate servers.

Xellie

pretty sure most of the old population are waiting for the new patch... OGH

I know I am
Quote from: Aurus on Feb 13, 2024, 07:44 PMp.s. you are such a bad and toxic player I hope to never see you or your guild again

Blinzer

can we take the time to appreciate that playtester is out here like a firefighter going around putting out the flames of all these arsonists in the world

Lunalepsy

Quote from: betwixtbetween on Jun 22, 2023, 09:52 AMDead server lmao everyone left

Where did they go? I only care about the social component at this point. Sweating on a 20-yr-old game is ridiculous at this point.

betwixtbetween

Quote from: Lunalepsy on Jul 23, 2023, 02:50 PMWhere did they go? I only care about the social component at this point. Sweating on a 20-yr-old game is ridiculous at this point.

Nowhere particular since it's just a typical pre-re server cycle. None of the promised content were ever implemented, server issues still linger, WoE guilds left and it's divided into SE and FE which made it less competitive. So naturally the server population thinned out.

Usagimimi

Quote from: Lunalepsy on Jul 23, 2023, 02:50 PMWhere did they go? I only care about the social component at this point. Sweating on a 20-yr-old game is ridiculous at this point.

Social component is still there. People whine about a so-called "dead server" when P-Alf is hundreds strong at any given time of day and there are always parties recruiting to go to Odin, Niff, Byalan, etc. Episode 13 was implemented last week, too. I would suggest giving it a shot yourself or at least inquiring on the Discord, which is also very active with both players and staff.

Herpderp

Quote from: Playtester on Jun 22, 2023, 03:43 PM315 players online right now which is on par with the other largest low rate servers.
Except one is a multiclient sh!thole while the other forbids it.
Pretty disingenuous to compare the two, my little rat.  /??

Playtester

Quote from: Herpderp on Jul 25, 2023, 05:40 PMExcept one is a multiclient sh!thole while the other forbids it.
Pretty disingenuous to compare the two, my little rat.  /??
I didn't just compare two servers. I don't even know what server you are talking about. Is there a large server right now that forbids multiclienting?

And it's really hard to tell the impact of multiclienting anyway. Just like it's hard to tell if servers that only show one number include vendors or not and how much % are vendors. So it's just rough estimations.

2k2

Quote from: Playtester on Jul 25, 2023, 05:52 PMI didn't just compare two servers. I don't even know what server you are talking about. Is there a large server right now that forbids multiclienting?

And it's really hard to tell the impact of multiclienting anyway. Just like it's hard to tell if servers that only show one number include vendors or not and how much % are vendors. So it's just rough estimations.

It's hard to measure even servers that "forbid" multiclienting as I assume most (if not all) are similar in such rules, where they claim to forbid multiclient but never actually enforce it, so it's basically an environment where people still multiclient nonstop, it's just harder to do it and you have to do extra-steps to be able to, which is a hassle. Played in many, would, on a daily basis, mass report obvious multiclienters to ADMs, GMs, CMs and even bring up names, screenshots and videos on discord yet it would take ages for any of them to get any action, if any, and when it happened it would be just a very small temporary mute.

Never again to trust such servers as it's not fair for me to follow and play by the rules while people are breaking it constantly with no punishment /shrug
Find me here:

Herpderp

Quote from: Playtester on Jul 25, 2023, 05:52 PMAnd it's really hard to tell the impact of multiclienting anyway. Just like it's hard to tell if servers that only show one number include vendors or not and how much % are vendors. So it's just rough estimations.

Really Rattester?   /hmm   You could have just taken the L but you're really gonna overdose on copium like this?
Come on, tell me multiclienting doesn't inflate the playercount massively, that's it's just a dozen people having two clients open at any given time. I wanna see you spell out your disingenuous rat snake cope word-for-word.  /heh

Xellie

reminder that alfheim records unique users online.

There's 24/7 parties there, I dunno how multiclient matters in any scenario.
Quote from: Aurus on Feb 13, 2024, 07:44 PMp.s. you are such a bad and toxic player I hope to never see you or your guild again

betwixtbetween

24/7 parties of the same old content. Might as well call it a regular pre-re since no "custom" content were even implemented for months now.

Xellie

Quote from: betwixtbetween on Jul 26, 2023, 01:44 PM24/7 parties of the same old content. Might as well call it a regular pre-re since no "custom" content were even implemented for months now.

I dunno if it matters if people are having fun. Alfheim has more than enough content to keep people busy for months.