?Martyr's Reckoning/Sacrifice?

Started by MagnaKarma, Oct 22, 2011, 12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnaKarma

Hey guys, i'm pretty new at this so please bear with me.:) What do i need to do to increase the damage of MR/Sac aside from increasing my vit? and if possible, how do i lessen the recoil damage? i really hope you guys can help me out.:D THANKS!

Gene

% based bonus damage on your weaps (hydra, skeleton worker, turtle gen, goblin, etc) will help. If you want to lessen the recoil damage, I can't think of anything as of now, but life leeching cards may work only by chance.

Oh yeah weapons like assaulter spear works too, on pvp/demihumans.

Dee Are Kay

Just like Gene said, cards and items that give a damage percentage increase (based on race, size or element i.e. hydra, skeleton worker, vadon cards) affect the damage as well as your maximum hp, so it might be worth noting that it's not just VIT that helps, but also equips and cards that increase your maximum hp (i.e. A Tao Gunka card which doubles your maximum hp will roughly double the damage) other equips that might help:
Peco Peco card (+10% maximum hp)
Wool Scarf/Tidal Shoes Combo (+10% hp) or Diablos Manteau/Boots (+6% hp, +baselevel*10 hp)
Martyr or Green Ferus card (+10% hp and even +1 vit in case of green ferus)
Ant Egg card (+5% hp, though this is an extreme case because there's far better cards for shield)

In short, anything that increases vit and/or maximum HP or damage % based on race/size/element

Depending on your servers specifications, if mvp cards are available, Tao Gunka helps a bunch (+100% Hp), and things like Orc Hero cards aren't totaly useless either (+3 vit, remember that 1 vit = 1% base hp which is amplified by +%hp cards) About the recoil damage, it takes away 9% of your Maximum Hp and cannot be reduced. It CAN kill you so be careful.

Keep in mind that if you are using this in PvP your damage might be low mainly because of neutral reduction, if your server is one of those high rates with mvp cards everywhere and people have ghostring/deviling cards, it's definitely a BAD choice to pvp with a forced neutral damage skill like Sacrifice. Even on low to mid rates though, you'll most likely encounter a 20% reduction from raydric cards...(plus the usual 30% less damage from thara -_-)
It's an okay skill for PvM though, I guess, though I would personally level using Grand Cross.
Yay signature.

Triper

Actually it isn't that bad for pvp on a low/mid[no mvp/minis easy to get] if someone has a paladin and wants to kill if they know how to balance the build.
The dmg may not look a lot but with some tweaks here and there the hits can be too fast enough to the point that it's hard to heal/pot if the player isn't using auto-pot/romedic/other lame stuff to heal fast to be alive and even with that it's sometimes hard if it's a char with < 15k hp or lack proper reduces and all thx to aspd to reduce delay of the spam.

Without a tao vs something "basic" as raydric+ck+fb+thara I can get something around 3k each hit, make it be 186 aspd[not hard to get] and it's 15k fast that are fatal to some[all is possible with normal stuff].
Get a tao and the dmg get like a boost of near 2k each hit making it be around 5k which is just fatal on pvp making it be a godly gear to get.

Don't forget that, when sac is on, you can choose when to use the 5 hits since they all happen when you melee and not when you use something so it ends even being good on some high rates if used at the right moment when mixed with other skills.

Also number 1: Don't get wool set, it's too oldish even if easy to get, try to get a diab set, it isn't that hard to kill satan anyway, there is already enough guides/videos/whatever about XYZ ways to kill him or if your server has bg and kvm, get a kvm set instead and stack reduces while you get a nice hp boost.

Also number 2: If it's easy to get mini/mvp cards just jump to arc angeling cards, pretty much hard as an orc hero and much better, anti-stun is a waste on this even if they're easy to get :S

Dee Are Kay

Umm Triper I agree that the brutal damage might be enough to kill people even if its neutral but...if someone is prepared it's kinda easy to counter...and I was just assuming if the server has mvp/mini cards available for everyone, then its probably a HR/SHR with a level cap over 99/70, with probably mid or low headgear slots. I don't see how archangeling helps more than orc hero when it comes to damage though. Orc hero isn't for the stun resist but for the +3 vit which translates into +3% maximum hp amplified by tao/peco/diablos set/wool set/red ferus/whatever (even +6 or +9 if more headgear slots are available), which for any paladin i believe is more than the 300 hp you get from archangeling, even on 99/70 with just 1 archangeling. If the server stats and max level makes it possible though, and for some reason he's pvping without healing items, three archangelings with 77 LUK are fun, I used those myself on some HR server o:
Yay signature.

Triper

I know that when we think math wisely the the +3% may look better and doing math it really look as it but in game, I don't know exactly how +hp mods work but, they work better in headgear/accessories when we see what we've available to work.

Using KVM set and bradium shield with 115 vit, Orc Hero gives around 320 extra hp.
Using KVM set and bradium shield with 112 vit, Arc gives 410 extra hp[yes, +hp increase are also affected by % hp mods because the +hp mods are + max hp mods and %hp mods work on top of that and not before so we get a better increase in the end].

The difference is small but arc are better.
The higher the hp the higher you can notice the difference of it.
Using a Tao on a 99/70 paladin, arc is like +100 hp then orc.
On a 89k hp paladin with 188 vit, 2 arcs give 1.2k extra hp; 2 orcs give 800 extra hp.

So using orcs is a waste and the +3 vit is nothing except a bad arc.

Dee Are Kay

@Triper
Well that's weird. I'll take your word though since I haven't tested things in a long time (I don't even have a RO client atm) and just did the maths. (Wouldn't 112 vit with Orc Hero be 115 vit though? :p)
Yay signature.

Triper

Ups, my mistake but the increase is right XD

The arc cards are weird tbh, first time I got mine in a low rate I was "ok +300 is cool" but didn't notice any change until like months after when I was without gears and adding arc in the end was giving around 500 o.O I was also thinking that arc was a normal +300 hp but adding +% gears made the increase not be 300 but more.