WrightRo disappoints!

Started by horo, Mar 20, 2008, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horo

This is MWrights server, who I understand is held in high regards in this community. This seems to be the first server he is hosting, and apart from some stupid decisions for a low rate server like 1% droprate for boss cards, selling slotted gears cheaply in npc, selling acid demo and poison bottles so cheap that players acquired thousands of them, and finally selling items below npc buying price, he has good intentions. His biggest mistake basically is not having a beta, and having little knowledge of how customizations work on different rates, which makes this server a 'curious' mix of low and highrate that doesn't satisfy neither demographic. He acts friendly, and, what he values above all, mature.

As long as you don't go against him too harshly, then he shows his short-tempered 16 year old self in a way we've probably all seen on those servers hosted by, well, 16 year olds.

The story goes like this: Very early into the server, one of them GM's he recruited did a bunch of stupid things for which he got kicked, including giving a player an Angra Mayu. Now Wright claims, contrary to that player, not to have known of this item until I told him this conversation:

Now, I falsely assumed it was him who gave her the AM, and not that he didn't care to look into his former GM's actions more closely, since he did things bad enough to get the boot. What happens if young people get upset is this:

LINK for image if downsized by forum

Notice the nice combo of calling me immature and THEN namecalling. This happened because his course of action for someone using an Angra Mayu for 2 weeks behind his back, as he says, or to his knowledge, as the player says, was to just take the Angra Mayu away, no further reprecussions. Nevermind that the player leveled and leeched multiple chars (rate is 25x), killed god knows how many MVP and whatnot, resulting in nice equips like +9 deviling muffler. Wright doesn't seem to think this is an unfair advantage over future players, and neither is it the players fault, but just the former GM's.

I'm using capslock to make it very clear for your small minds, dear minions. Don't question me and DON'T TALK WHEN I'M TALKING! Besides stressing how mature Wright is, he loves pointing out that it's just a fcking game, and that we shouldn't care so much. He clearly doesn't care, or gets more upset than anyone, or spent a lot of his freetime setting up a server. Get a fking life, you guys! I'm the weightlifting champion!

The conclusion was that my account would be deleted for, um, questioning his superior maturity I guess, and the Angra Mayu player could decide between not apologizing to him and having her account erased too, or apologizing and staying without any penalties. Pray to your god, or he shall smite you!

So Wright, why not have a mature discussion on a forum where hopefully you can't just have topics addressing this incident deleted like on yours :D

Well, see you until next weeks episode of teenage admins with a god complex!

Jayne Cobb

Quote from: horo on Mar 20, 2008, 05:23 PM
This is MWrights server, who I understand is held in high regards in this community.
I lol'd. I like you already.

Yeah, Its unfortunate that most 16 year olds are unfit to run severs because of their immaturety. It must be the hormones or something. /hmm

MWright967

Yet the one saying ''Wright RO is run by a corrupt and immature 16 year old'' is the mature one? Rofl.

First of all, let me give you MY interpretation of what happened.....

I come on today and greet my players as usual.

Her character, Vendemiaire, says she would like to put someone on trial. I asked, ''Uhhh, who and why?''. She says, Me. Because I gave a character an angra manyu 2 weeks ago.

First of all, the person who gave her this was a previous GM who has since been FIRED for reasons such as...Oh, well, heres one: Giving people items which they don't deserve.

I'm a very busy man, and I can't be on 24/7. I come on every few hours, greet the players, answer questions, and do what I'm supposed to do. Half of the time I'm online, I'm usually alt-tabbed WORKING. ON. MY. SERVER. or afk completely. The other half of the time, I'm helping in-game.

Now lets see, Horo being the mature young lady that she is, instead of just asking me why a player has an angra and allowing me to take it back so we can all move on with our lives, she decides to start going into a tirade because she thinks ''shes been cheated''.

I have news for you- if someone has something and I DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT- its not my fault. And if the player doesn't tell me about it, its not their fault either. Players are players, much like you- 99% of them are immature. I have no rule that if a GM gives a player something, that player has to run over to me and say ''Matt, Matt! Look what I just got!''. Its their choice.

Now, my plan was to simply remove the angra manyu and allow us all to go our way, but no. Instead, she has to spread slander and filth, calling me a corrupted liar, and calling the other player a cheater.

I work every single day to promote my server. I work VERY hard to keep it up and running with constant updates. I listen to my players and take advice from them, to keep them happy and thus, keep my server fun and fresh. It absolutely disgusts me the amount of immaturity that takes place here.

Secondly, you Jayne Cobb, you don't even know me. You've never spoken to me, and you weren't there when this event occured, so I highly suggest you keep your more idiotic notions to yourself such as ''16 year olds are unfit to run servers''. Clearly you've never met me.

Its quite interesting to me that a few days ago, she was saying to me ''Oh wow I'm so impressed with this server''. Oh, and my favorite ''Well you clearly are more mature than the average 16 year old''. She only said these things about 100 times during her 3 day existance. Yet for some reason, the college-age female playing a computer game at home, seems to be the ''mature'' one here, when she feels the need to go and post a nasty little topic on my server on the forums, because shes ''mad''.

I'll go on record, I don't think Horo is a bad person, she has her opinion. I just think shes immature. I have 40 active players on my 2 and a half week old server, and ALL OF THEM appreciate the work I do for them and constantly praise me on my ability to listen to their problems and help them out with it.

You can go by what she says, thats your decision. However, I highly suggest before making any judgements about me or my server, you come and try it for yourself, or perhaps even read the reviews page.

Also, I love this thing about ''He doesn't know how to customize his server for different rates''. Oh wait- I'm sorry. I didn't know I needed to follow some ragnarok-formula for server success? Considering I have a custom mall, custom NPC's, a mascot, a healer which can buff, endow, and soul link, among an entire slew of other customizations, I would say I know how to script and customize my server very well. In fact, I can do it SO well, that the first day you came on you said to me ''This is the most impressive server I've ever seen''. Yet now, you retract those claims. Why? Because you're upset, and acting just as childish as you make me out to be

The entire idea of a server is to customize it how you want, and how your players like it. If you don't like it, don't play, but I can tell you one thing. Of the 40 players I have- you and Sirius were the ONLY ones to EVER critiscize any of the customizations I have here.

Lastly....YEAH- I did mute you. Do you know....Why...? For one, I'm the server owner. I told you not to speak so you would LISTEN and help me work out the problem instead of running your mouth. Unfortunately, you didn't obey that, so I had to shut it for you, and since you forgot to record this little part- I MUTED THE OTHER PLAYER AS WELL. You two were having a little cat fight, and I did what was necessary to end it. But hey, I'm the immature one, right?

I'm done.

horo

Quote from: MWright967 on Mar 20, 2008, 10:08 PM
I have no rule that if a GM gives a player something, that player has to run over to me and say ''Matt, Matt! Look what I just got!''. Its their choice.
It shouldn't be. Things like your guild mates using wpe/bots, or even dupe items might be considered choices to report, but if a GM gives you an item, then for the sake of the server, you have to report it. You set up a court system, but if people go against you, it's straight up banning. What a farce.

Its quite interesting to me that a few days ago, she was saying to me ''Oh wow I'm so impressed with this server''. Oh, and my favorite ''Well you clearly are more mature than the average 16 year old''.
I still think the healer, while inappropiate, is impressively coded, and when you're calm, and not aggravated, you do act mature, as I stated in the opening post. However, everyone will agree on your actions in those screenshots being typical for a teenage admin on a bad trip.

QuoteI have 40 active players on my 2 and a half week old server
This is misleading unfortunately, and it'll be a long time until you can take a screenshot that says there are even 30 players online, maybe never. Just because someone has made a novice on the server to check it out doesn't make them an active player.

QuoteAlso, I love this thing about ''He doesn't know how to customize his server for different rates''. Oh wait- I'm sorry. I didn't know I needed to follow some ragnarok-formula for server success? Considering I have a custom mall, custom NPC's, a mascot, a healer which can buff, endow, and soul link, among an entire slew of other customizations, I would say I know how to script and customize my server very well. In fact, I can do it SO well, that the first day you came on you said to me ''This is the most impressive server I've ever seen''. Yet now, you retract those claims. Why? Because you're upset, and acting just as childish as you make me out to be
I was impressed by the surface of it, but how many exploits and imbalancing things, and faults and things lacking that every standard server has did I have to point out to you? If I would've been a player that liked taking advantage of things, I could've wrecked the server. Even today the colour palettes crashed people, the server lacks some updates (Nameless island cards etc), there's no warps for a handful of dungeons like Geffen, the mascot is just a NPC with the sprite of Owl Baron, I had you change so much about the mall that basically all is left is what any server has: tool dealer and ammunition. Calling some NPC's in a halfcircle in Alberta a custom mall is quite pompous. Now you have acid demo cost 200k per hit, which is ridiculous and suggests you've just no idea about creators. You're good at scripting, you just lack basic knowledge of how to set up a balanced server, and without that, no script in the world will make your server good.

QuoteThe entire idea of a server is to customize it how you want, and how your players like it. If you don't like it, don't play, but I can tell you one thing. Of the 40 players I have- you and Sirius were the ONLY ones to EVER critiscize any of the customizations I have here.
You, maturely, banned me from your forums, but quite a few people dislike the buffer, and there's how many people that post regularly on the forums? 8 at most? In my time on the server I didn't speak to a single person that didn't dislike at least one feature. 0.25% overall droprate and 1% card droprate is just stupid.

QuoteLastly....YEAH- I did mute you. Do you know....Why...? For one, I'm the server owner. I told you not to speak so you would LISTEN and help me work out the problem instead of running your mouth. Unfortunately, you didn't obey that, so I had to shut it for you, and since you forgot to record this little part- I MUTED THE OTHER PLAYER AS WELL. You two were having a little cat fight, and I did what was necessary to end it. But hey, I'm the immature one, right?

Who, besides you, resorted to capslock and namecalling? Me and the AM player hardly argued, or talked to each other. You're also the one that deleted her thread out of spite, she was just saying goodbye to her friends and that they can contact her if they want. Being the server owner gives you no right to be condescending. You're 16 and have much growing up to do; speaking of maturity is certainly not your place, but what kid doesn't think they know it all. Next time you post your version, supply some screenshots, like I did.

Zone

Average Teenager power tripping, that is all it is.

Matt, you were cussing at her, and I consider fck, a cuss word because that is how you intended it.
That, for one, is a bad way to look on your server.
If I knew someone who isn't a GM had illegit items, I would leave the server, I wouldn't even waste my time with the GM team.
If someone has the items, that's the server's problem, not mine.
Just be glad she said something to you about it, and while you are at it, work on managing how you talk to and treat users.

Kids do things to make you look bad when they aren't getting their way, some even just to piss you off, but you have to be calm and act as if it is a normal conversation, I even mess with the people cussing at me. It happened to me on RKRO, a user was talking alot of trash, and said something about my *ss and I told him if he liked those so much, he could just google one and he can enjoy looking at a whole bunch rather than obsess over mine.

Reversing what they are doing frustrates them, and it is hilarious.

Jayne Cobb

Quote from: MWright967 on Mar 20, 2008, 10:08 PM
Secondly, you Jayne Cobb, you don't even know me. You've never spoken to me, and you weren't there when this event occured, so I highly suggest you keep your more idiotic notions to yourself such as ''16 year olds are unfit to run servers''. Clearly you've never met me.
Your right, but I judge from what I see on this forum and from that, my look on you isn't that great.
And I said most 16 year olds.

MWright967

I'll admit, I probably shouldn't have had to scream at anyone, but I don't believe I ever told anyone f*** you''. Yes, I named called. So did she. I had patience, I probably spent about 20 of the 30 minutes we were there being patient, but what do you expect me to do when I'm not getting a word in edge wise, even with my all-mighty yellow text between two cat-fighting females? Well lets see- I could try to reason with them...Oh yeah, thats right, I already did. And guess what? Neither of them payed any attention to me, and neither of them responded to me whatsoever. Instead, they decided they would- lol heres an idea for you- just assume that I knew that a player had some little weapon when I don't even PLAY. THE FREAKING. SERVER. I have a level 12 mage. Thats it. I don't have time to play the server, so how the hell am I going to know if someone gave a player an angra behind my back? The answer is, I'm not going to.

Believe what you want, it doesn't change the fact that I have a good server. I spend every single free moment in my busy life that I can trying to script, customize, modify, and ultralize my server so that it fits the wants and needs of my players to the maximum extent. I spent about 2 hours sitting with her and listening to her suggestions, questions, and ''advice'', and when all was said and done, I even took into account her opinion and made various modifications to the server based on them.

I honestly don't care what any of you think or what you say. I'm a good GM. I have no donations so I'm not profiting off this whatsoever, I spend hours on the weekend trying to make my server the best low rate one out there, and I listen and care about my players. But then? You actually have the gumption, the immaturity, and the lack of simple human TACT to simply work your problems out with me like an adult. Instead, you know what you do? You think, ''Oh hey, heres a mature idea, lets go write a flaming and hateful post about some server I've been on for 3 days and have really no idea of what its about on RMS and make the guy's server seem like a nightmare! Tee hee!''. I have news for you: I'm not mature. But in this situation- I'm not the immature one either. Thats you. Justify it however you want, you aren't trying to ''help the community by reporting a corrupted server'' you're just as bad as me. You're just mad becayse you THINK you've been cheated, so you have to go get revenge. The only differince between how you handle yourself, and how I handle myself, is that I don't make any mean threads about people to get back at them. Thats you. So you know what? If you want to live in the dream world that I'm this horrible, unfair, radical GM who doesn't give a s*** and goes back on his word...Thats your choice. I have plenty of players who will support me, and during the time this thread was created until now: I got 3 new players. So I'm not worried.

As for the rest of you, if you want to live under the same delusion, you're welcome to. I always love how humans are willing to be so quick to judge others without looking at themselves. You may want to think about something: Yes, I do have a bad temper, yes I am impatient *sometimes*, no I'm not mature, but I'm not the one running out making a post about some 16 year old's server when I'm what? 24? Just to get back at them because I had a bad experience. Grow a freaking life.

Iutto

[Note by yC:  This message is written by someone that is carrying the same IP is the owner of Wright RO, MWright967]

lemme tell u somthin guys cuz its time for ap layer to be herd k? this server aint bad its not. i play here since the very first day and lemme tell u its good. gm wright helpd me wid the problems that i had and u no, he did alot of stuff 4 me. i am mad cuz u guys pik on him and stuff that is jst mean sersouly. u guys need to go away and stop piking on my gm cuz u guys dnt no anythin about this and gm wright aint bad hes good so stfu plz

ObstacleRO

[Note by yC:  This message is written by someone that is carrying the same IP as the owner of Wright RO, MWright967]

weve come to back up matt and were disgusted with you guys, not even f*** joking. you haters are so f*** quick to critiscize our server without even knowing matt or playing it.

were here for you matt, dont worry man these f*** arent going to ruin our server.

MWright967

Thanks for the support.

Oh and please continue with the unbridled flaming of my server.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

So you falsely accused him of giving a godlike item to a player and he was angry because of that? What irrational behavior. I guess he must have emotional problems. Seek help, MWright! You're endangering yourself and the people around you with your outbursts of aggression!

Seriously, this is one of the dumbest accussations I've ever seen. Two things:

1. It's MaNyu not Mayu
2. You can view the image in fullsize if you right-click -> View Image, so don't bother posting the links

mark_sanbeda

id say.. the way you put your words out sure doesn't look like a 16 year old to me..

well any guy has to give his temper every once in a while..i mean GM's are people too you know? if you bash them they get hurt too.. so i cant really say his a bad GM.. for staters his a 16 year old guy and he has alot of things to do like studying etc etc.. but he still manages to advertise make scripts and customization on his server...

[ i cant really say his a good GM or a bad GM.. since like on the previews post he said "you know nothing about me".. well anyway as for you my young GM plzz do stay strong coz there will be a lot of flaming on this thread by the end of this day id say  8) ]

MWright967

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Mar 21, 2008, 04:18 AM
So you falsely accused him of giving a godlike item to a player and he was angry because of that? What irrational behavior. I guess he must have emotional problems. Seek help, MWright! You're endangering yourself and the people around you with your outbursts of aggression!

Seriously, this is one of the dumbest accussations I've ever seen. Two things:

1. It's MaNyu not Mayu
2. You can view the image in fullsize if you right-click -> View Image, so don't bother posting the links

I lol'ed.

1. What are you talking about with the ''view image'' crap? I have -NO- idea what you're discussing.

2. Outbursts of aggression..? ROFL. Okay, I'm not going to even touch that one. Can anyone find a place in the loony bin for one more dumb donkey?

3. What exactly is the dumbest accusation you've ever seen lol? The fact I left out an N from Manyu..? Oh s***. I must be bat s*** insane...

Go home buddy. This forum is for people who know what Ragnarok Online is.

Anyone else care to be derailed? Or are we going to base our assumptions on more false ideas and premises? Oh you are? Oh. Okay. Thats cool. Carry on then.

MilkyChan

no mather how you twist and turn this it's downright shamefull for a gm to burst into a rage like this

i find it disurbing
I got cookies...do you?

MWright967

Quote from: MilkyChan on Mar 21, 2008, 07:27 AM
no mather how you twist and turn this it's downright shamefull for a gm to burst into a rage like this

i find it disurbing

Right, because you were there, correct?

ERK. No Johnny.

Lets see, when you have two upset females wanting to verbally tear each other to pieces and aren't listening to a word either from the one's BOYFRIEND who LIVES WITH THEM or the local GM, what else am I supposed to do oh great one? Just sit back and watch as they pay no attention to me and start- oh and heres a kicker- insulting each other in such ways as ''You're just as corrupted as the GM'' or ''You're a lying cheater''. No. Thats not the ''mature'' thing to do. The mature thing to do is take control of the situation, and I did. And gee golly, I was able to get a word in edge wise, wasn't I?

Also, where is this ''bursting into rage''? I said ''Everyone shut the fck up'' once, and uhhh ''Get a fcking life for god's sake'' once. Where is the rage here? Using some strong language and telling her off- yes. Rage? Lol. I don't think so.

People like you are fun to prove wrong. You have nothing better to do than ride people that you don't know personally and have no idea of the current situation. Kindly get off the topic and save yourself further embarassement.

By the way, before critiquing other people's faults, its usually best to learn how to type like an intelligent human being, -words- like ''mather'' and uhm, ''shamefull'', don't exxxxxactly put you on the highest level of intelligence. But no! Please, keep it coming, I'm sure you have a totally reasonable explanation for why your grammar sucks and why you feel the need to accuse me of ''bursting into rage'' without even being there! Woo hoo!

Anyone else..?