RO Enterprise stealing content

Started by revan, May 11, 2010, 08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revan

Hi there.. I was browsing around some other servers (since frantech's still down) and came upon this:

http://ragnarok-enterprise.tk/ and http://myro.tk/ Have the same information (about the server). Obviously myRO has been on the RO private server business longer than ragnarok-enterprise, which means they literally copy pasted the content of myro's server.

Here's an example:
At myro's home page:
Spoiler
MyRO is the Philippines' No.1 Ragnarok Online Private server.
99/70 Max Level in a non-PK environment on a 24/7 Server.
1k/1k/500 Experience & Drop rates for immediate PVP action!
Daily War of Emperium Season II 7:00 - 8:00pm  (+8GMT).
Daily Events hosted by Friendly & Approachable MyRO GM's.
MyRO Donation items are not Godlike and are not Customed.
MyRO maintains to be close to the official effects.
MyRO boasts of Stable and Balanced game play.
Join now and experience the FUN!
[close]

At ragnarok-enterprise's home page:
Spoiler
RO-Enterprise is the Philippines' No.1 Ragnarok Online Private server.
99/70 Max Level in a non-PK environment on a 24/7 Server.
1k/1k/500 Experience & Drop rates for immediate PVP action!
Daily War of Emperium Season II 7:00 - 8:00pm  (+8GMT).
Daily Events hosted by Friendly & Approachable RO-Enterprise GM's.
RO-Enterprise Donation items are not Godlike and are not Customed.
RO-Enterprise maintains to be close to the official effects.
RO-Enterprise boasts of Stable and Balanced game play.
Join now and experience the FUN!
[close]

Another example is on the donation page.
Myro:
http://myro-ph.awardspace.com/donation.html

and again, from ragnarok-enterprise:
http://jheiel.webng.com/unknown/story.html

I believe the donation rates are the same (and the items, LOL)

So yeah, there we go.
Chloe Grace Moretz's Number 1 Fan

Final

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

ore0s

I don't think they should be in the hall of shame because stealing words isn't really stealing O_o.  Maybe they're unoriginal, but that's it.  It's like how everyone steal the ToS or Private Policy...If they stole copyrighted materials then sure.

Zarsheiy

Quote from: ore0s on May 11, 2010, 04:56 PM
I don't think they should be in the hall of shame because stealing words isn't really stealing O_o.

stealing words isn't really stealing

stealing [...] isn't really stealing

... WHOA.

I'm not that big a jerk, I know what you mean. It's a pretty minor thing. But that doesn't make it any less wrong.

At the very least, it establishes a pattern of behavior--I kinda wonder if words are all that have been stolen. I don't have proof of anything else, nor do I especially care, honestly. But not only does it set a bad example, but if the server is "allowed" (that is, not condoned but not HoS'd either) to do something like this, the leadership of the server might be encouraged to do worse things the next time around.

ore0s

Quote from: Zarsheiy on May 11, 2010, 06:18 PM
At the very least, it establishes a pattern of behavior--I kinda wonder if words are all that have been stolen. I don't have proof of anything else, nor do I especially care, honestly. But not only does it set a bad example, but if the server is "allowed" (that is, not condoned but not HoS'd either) to do something like this, the leadership of the server might be encouraged to do worse things the next time around.

I agree that it sets a bad example and one would wonder if the administrator stole anything else because of their laziness to even write stuff on their own site, but I'm just looking at what is presented and like I said, you can't really steal letters/words...

Kaezar

Quote from: ore0s on May 11, 2010, 08:25 PM
Quote from: Zarsheiy on May 11, 2010, 06:18 PM

I agree that it sets a bad example and one would wonder if the administrator stole anything else because of their laziness to even write stuff on their own site, but I'm just looking at what is presented and like I said, you can't really steal letters/words...

Can I steal unpublished poems from a famous poet's blog?  ;D

ore0s

Yes O_o.  You can pretty much steal it, claim it as yours, and try to publish it.  As long as it's not copyrighted/published materials.

Then again...the law is different in each countries, so it really depends.

revan

lol @ final

So bored since my host is down, went hunting for bad servers

Habuka

I'm sorry but this is stupid. Stealing words that revolve around a game like that I wouldnt even consider a "Bad" thing. Stealing words from a person on a RO private server isnt anything close to art theft considering you didnt come up with the words yourself thus not having copyright. If you did put copyright claim on those words then there you go.
I Is Warned

Relics

Now that's over.. cleaned

No more derailment beyond this point, if you have issues with one another, take it to PM. Now you know this, I also do not want any further complaints if you will get muted because you're derailing threads. You should know if this message addresses you.

revan

OT: Hi relics, how're you guys from lamerz?

Anyway, not hitting on anyone here, but isn't stealing content from a server (with the images, layout of how its put -check donation page-, and etc) the same as stealing a website from them?

Anyway, just an opinion.

Relics

Stealing images, and blatantly ripping a layout would be theft yea imo.
Text, pretty much what habuka said.

half of lamerz on sc2 now, no more ro