Quest-RO

Started by LemonCrosswalk, Mar 20, 2009, 05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonCrosswalk

I didn't play their server, but I know they're using stolen artwork for the chibis. I know two of the images wouldn't have been allowed to be put on their, one of which is Chexie's which she just made a post about people not using her images a few days ago.

caramel

I've noticed alot private servers use fanart for various things without the artists permission. It's easy to be mislead on websites with big art galleries when they state they have official fanart or artbook scans (or usually don't say anything at all) which turned out to be just fanart. Other times the art is just blatantly taken without permission.  ::) Fun times on the internet.

LemonCrosswalk

I'm not crucifying the server for using it, and I do feel if you do not want your artwork stolen you should go about differently to protect it. I just knew quite a lot of people that are active in RO and the art community that would try to avoid servers which used artwork without permission. I posted it especially since the same topic, talking about the same image in another thread on the same forum showed up on it.

A92FL0163

Quote from: JJJ on Mar 26, 2009, 06:54 PM
sigh we've gone way off topic =/
Dear JJJ
Really Mr. JJJ? I'm pretty sure the topic was about stolen arts, even if pointing to a server, this is still on the topic main point, may you, it's about art that is being used without knowledge, not flaming wheels of ice, or anything. Please do not take this offensively, but everytime someone say something just a bit out of the topic main line you aways come to point that "OMFGZORS THE TOPICZ IS GETTING DERAILEDZ CALL THE POLICE!", while it's obviously not. And quoting you:
Quotebut gravity was stupid and made the "worlds crappiest copyright"

basically, you can use their stuff all you want and the copyright has no say that you can't, the only real issue with the copyright is it says you can't make personal profit off of their copyrighted stuff.....

so unless you start selling gravity's artwork its not against the copyright Sweat
stupid right?
If someone else posted this and people started talking about it, you would also say it's offtopic, wouldn't you? Sorry to say this, but this basically have been happening over and over.
[close]

There's been a great number of server using those chibis, I remember a old BR server had it all around it's site, it's not like they don't care who made it, they just don't know who made it to credit, at least 60% of the time, other 40% is people not giving a damn and using it anyways.

Ratemyserver Forums > Ratemyserver.net > Server Discussion > Hall Of Shame > Quest-RO

furthermore:
Quote from: yC on Aug 05, 2008, 02:39 PM
This section is to separate the RateMyServer.Net report on server who are violating our Terms of Services and need a look into vs those other report of servers that are just out of their mind but has nothing to do with RateMyServer.Net.

if you want to talk about stolen art go make a topic in the general discussion =3

PPS: just going to remove the offtopic stuff that doesn't pertain to the topic ^^~
anyway, on topic now guys? ^^
if i have to clean it again i'm just going to lock it instead