Player Server Advertising

Started by Cady, Aug 12, 2008, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~~T~~

WOW COOL there is a proof with Wings there!

Denia

Wow ... why would you PM me that, with no information and then post on server hall of shame? I had just responded that if you give me information on that player, I would warn them and speak with them too.

Just like what others say when their players, I cannot control what my players do on other servers. I can warn them against it, but how am I to take action towards them?

It's just like what you were doing the same thing on my server on your forum account and posting in your guild section with "I'm leaving for BunnehRO, See you guys on BunnehRO, Come play on bunneh!"

But it would have to also be concrete evidence that it was a player of Anthem before I can even warn them. Because who knows? What if it's someone just out there to ruin our name? (Not like there's much to ruin left since everyone hates us anyways...)

What if someone hated your server, and went around to others and said to join Bunneh just so that it would have a bad image? Or what if one of your players did that and someone went and posted this in the server hall of shame, wouldn't you be a bit irked about it since you can't really do much about it?

PS. Why is the image cropped? o_O

XionSiphon

Yeah, I would have to agree, first contact the admin from the other server, and show them the information about the player (assuming they didn't proxy) otherwise it just seems unfair --- Though, judging from both your comment and Denia, it seems you both have a history going on ...

Smfr

Good translation was made as best as possible it's true I'm français.Si you see this player please banissez the insult because it is a good sniper bah read the message (I am kororo him c ' east Afri) /sob /...

Africa: Go dirt s*** gonna f*** your son reum dog
Africa: your reum I go right back money you file your
Kororo: bravo beautiful mature-_-then Smile
Africa: go blunder made Batar

Pandora

Now that's just a player misbehaving, report it to the server directly.

(Je sais pas ce que tu essais de dire exactement mais ton post fait pas beaucoup de sens, envois ta plainte a ton serveur directement.)
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Denia

Quote from: XionSiphon on Oct 28, 2008, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I would have to agree, first contact the admin from the other server, and show them the information about the player (assuming they didn't proxy) otherwise it just seems unfair --- Though, judging from both your comment and Denia, it seems you both have a history going on ...

Yes, there was some history, which could not have been helped.  Unfortunately though, unless there is consent from Cady or the other person(s) involved, I cannot disclose anything as all players, deserve a bit of confidentiality (to an extent of course, unless they really don't care for our rules and break them over and over BECAUSE they know they have confidentiality). 

Things were remedied, and Cady began to play back on our server again some what of.  But the problem is with this report, was that Cady had PMed me with the IP of the offender, and this IP did not show up on our server at all.  Upon finding that out, she had posted this as well.  I believe I even showed her our control panel and me looking up the IP?  I don't quite remember, I'm a bit unsure of it.

I'm a  little confused as to what Smfr is saying though, Pandora can you translate?  Did something happen to this player on Anthem?  Please let me know so that I can advise.  Thank you!

Pandora

Sure, I'll give it a try, he says:

"I did the best that I could to translate this, I'm French. If you see this player please ban because he insulted, he is a a good sniper(?), well just read the message (I am kokoko and he is Africa)

<conversation>"

They don't mention which server this occurred on. Can always check if those 2 characters exist to confirm it.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Shinae

Seems very normal human behaviour to me. There are people out there that does things like this.

It doesn't make server bad because there is an idiot or two who does this. Different thing would be if admins of server told players to advertise their server this way. But unfortunately you really can't prevent these things and you really can't say who to blame.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Denia

Quote from: Pandora on Nov 04, 2008, 08:23 AM
Sure, I'll give it a try, he says:

"I did the best that I could to translate this, I'm French. If you see this player please ban because he insulted, he is a a good sniper(?), well just read the message (I am kokoko and he is Africa)

<conversation>"

They don't mention which server this occurred on. Can always check if those 2 characters exist to confirm it.

Thanks for the translation Pandora. I checked and none of those characters exist. But they might be the short handed version or the spelling is different and the player doesn't remember. ._. I can't check without the proper information >_<

Scars

Why is this thread still here? Its not fair to Denia.

philanthropy

yeah

Quote from: philanthropy on Nov 11, 2008, 06:33 PM
just flame the thread like most other GMs do and it will be locked and sent to the archives

wonderful way of thinking you seem to have,

but this topic, has no where else it can go to

philanthropy

Quote from: JJJ on Nov 11, 2008, 06:34 PM
wonderful way of thinking you seem to have

Head Monocle of DOOM

Philanthropy you should be mindful that you said that to a Global Forum Mod dude. >.>
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.