KayRO Corruption

Started by Holic, Jun 09, 2010, 02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GorthexTiger

Mmmmhmm, delicious e-drama.

Okay i don't really know where to start.

Yes, i had a deal with imovane. At this point we couldn't pay the server at all. imovane talked to me if he could get some extra services. The first time we talked i strictly told him that there is no way for special services even though he told me he could pay alot. After the first time we changed the host there wasn't any money left and when i had to pay the server i couldn't. I thought about adding more donations but all donations i could think about would have affected the server too much. i didn't want to just abandon the server so i came back to imovane and asked him about the special services. He told me he ist just too lazy to farm equips and level up his characters. After we talked about it a little bit we agreed that he would pay the server and keep it alive and i would give him regular equips and level his character. He told me he would always help me if i need something for the server like buying a hack shield and such. He told me he would also help me to prevent hacking. We always made sure our deal would never affect the server an any way and i really only gave him equip that is easily obtainable. Well i think that doesn't really matter since corruption is corruption. Then some days ago i gave imovane a high level gm account to investigate the sealed duping. With this account he made himself the paladin and sniper and gave them some OP equip. I know i shouldn't have done that. I truly apologize for all the s*** i did. When we had the financial problems i should have been honest to everyone make a post in the forums etc. there are so many ways but this way looked like the easiest and safest to me. Im especially sorry for most of our GM's especially twinkiie shaw and rayion who always did an awesome job im sorry i wasnt honest to you guys. i would suggest them to any server admin. Also everyone who helped this server to grow so big especially himawari, you really did a great job. And also some players like bugbear who covered us several times. And yes there also were some donators even if it wasnt enough to pay the costs, thank you and im sorry it came like that. Now to vaeri. Even though she is my girlfriend, she was not aware of my deal i also apologize to you. I know how much love and effort you put in all of the scripting and the website and also running the server starting the red cross guild etc. before you took a break from it all. I love you kaytlin and im excited to marry you <3.

I don't think there is a way for me to stay as administrator in this server. The trust in me is gone which is one of the most important things for an admin.

I apologize again for everything that happend. I leave it up to vaeri now what happens with KayRO. Alot of people are already gone and i it's definetly not smart to let the server run how it is right now.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Usagimimi

Glad I decided not to play there a few weeks ago.

Tachibana

I regret reading/browsing through both of those topics.

My inner grammar-nazi was screaming the entire time.

From what I could gather from the few, actually readable posts was that a GM duped items for a guild. Part of the guild gets banned. Duped items/zeny gained from items is still floating around as well as members from the banned guild.

I was confused with the first topic posted where someone said I finally caught Nomoe, but then someone said thank you to Nomoe and another GM for investigating the issue. x.x

Usagimimi

Second topic, the admin says he gave a GM account to a player, and the player used it to boost their legit levels to 99/70 (on an LR ~_~) and make thousands of food, +9/+10 items, etc.

He did it for monies to "keep the server running" or something, but still, if you can't afford a server, you shoudn't mess around like that to pay for it. Figure something else out, or plan before you open to have "extra funds" aside or something. Organization. Obviously lacking here. Nomeo shouldn't have done that at all, regardless the server not having enough funds. If, for whatever reason, they somehow acquired the money after having accepted from the LK dude, that guy's account would forever be covered in incomparible items and thousands of consumables. That's lame and unfair.

DarkDevine

Oh noes, a corrupt server.

How the hell could this happen?
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Abversen

I feel more sorry for this person than I do anything. This isn't like EternityRO or some other RO servers that roll out corruption seemingly for the hell of it, this person was in dire need and did what was absolutely necessary to keep a server running for their players to continue enjoying. I actually respect that more than just shutting down the server due to lack of funds. It's clear this person did not want to do this, but had no other option for sake of the server.

It's too bad it apparently got caught onto and got out of hand like it has, I have heard many good things about KayRO and it looked like it could've been something big, but that's the nature of the beast in a lowrate. Donations often do not cover the bills. I can tell that the admin was not aware of that.

However, on the flipside, I have to wonder. Did the admin ever tell players that funds were getting dangerously low and, you know, ask for some extra donation? A lot of people cooperate with something like that. After-all, once you find a place you really like to play at, you tend to not just let it die like that. It had a decent enough population that surely the bill could've been paid. It comes off as desperate to ask like that but was it not a desperate time?

Obviously, this could've been gone about a lot better, but I cannot entirely blame this person for what has happened. It's pretty unfortunate, to be honest. Not many good RO servers left. Not many at all.

Holic

Quote from: Abversen on Jun 09, 2010, 04:35 AM
I feel more sorry for this person than I do anything.

I don't.

Don't waste people's time if you don't have the time or money to maintain a server.

DarkDevine

Quote from: Holic on Jun 09, 2010, 03:00 PM
I feel more sorry for this person than I do anything.

I don't.

Don't waste people's time if you don't have the time or money to maintain a server.
^ this.

+ did you ever consider, that his explanation of the situation is just there to cover the real intention of just buying a new car/pc/girlfriend and the need for more income through the server?

Everything could be possible, even if it's well explained.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Tande

Quote from: Yusifer on Jun 09, 2010, 04:08 AM
He did it for monies to "keep the server running" or something, but still, if you can't afford a server, you shoudn't mess around like that to pay for it. Figure something else out, or plan before you open to have "extra funds" aside or something.
http://www.agharta.info  Agharta Dev - for your mapping and scripting needs

http://www.project-deimos.com  Project Deimos - an upcoming roleplaying server.

Tachibana

If I remember correctly, his gf who he is marrying was/is also an Admin on the server and he said he is handing it over to her

New possible reason to open a server: Pay for a wedding

But yeah. this whole thing is a mess

Abversen

Conspiracy theorists unite, form of; assuming everything will go exactly as planned, because that always happens.

:'(

Chuck

It's clear this person did not want to do this, but had no other option for sake of the server.

There's a whole lot of alternatives you know. Like doing client services, helping out people set-up a server or technical whatnots.

Descent

Quote from: Abversen on Jun 09, 2010, 07:16 PM
Conspiracy theorists unite, form of; assuming everything will go exactly as planned, because that always happens.

:'(

No offense there mate, but remind me to never play a server you would run, since corruption seems okay "as long as there's a good reason for it".
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Holic

Thanks Gorthex for quoting the GM confession. I wish I copied the Sealed business since both topics were removed/hidden.