GenocideRO lame attempt at getting players, advertising on another server

Started by Pandora, Mar 02, 2008, 08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandora

2 players joined my server last friday, they started spamming on @main chat, then tried to advertise what they claimed was their server GenocideRO. They got muted and jailed of course, then created a few more character to spam obsenity until they were fully banned.

Real mature way to attrack players...

In case anyone cares to have the info on those 2 troublemakers...

account login : murderdes
in game name : xvince.valentinex
IP : 201.214.38.8

account login : diego123
in game name : Dark Cross
IP : 190.46.139.30

Both IP are mapped to Santiago,Chili
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Ratch

not wise to show IP's of other people who play on yuor server, wether they got banned or not.

Pandora

They're not players of my server, they are idiots who came for about an hour to spam advertise and annoy >_>;
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

superja

Quotenot wise to show IP's of other people who play on yuor server, wether they got banned or not.

huh? not wise for the admin to show the i.p? In case these guys try to get revenge and wreak more havoc, or what? They're i.p. banned, what are they going to do? If they had the l33t skills to do something like bring down a server or hack into their data or something, they wouldn't be standing in town using @main chat to advertise.

If you mean it's not nice that's probably right, but they did completely bring it upon themselves. The admin certainly wasn't like "hey guys, come spam your server on my server mkay?" >.>

asdfqwerty123

Having the IP listed is useful to see if it's the players or the owner who did this.

Pandora

Quote from: Zairik on Mar 02, 2008, 09:35 PM
Having the IP listed is useful to see if it's the players or the owner who did this.
My thoughts exactly. And if it's not the owner of Genocide doing this or asking their user to do this than they should spank them over it. I know I would if any of my players would go and advertise on other servers like this! Any respectable server would not do this nor encourage it.

DjTeddySpin

Is it possible to mask your IP with a proxy? May i know how can we trace where the IP routes to, as in, how to know where they live? all the while i believe in the impression that they tell apart by the first 3 digits of the IP or something.
My Old Emblem Request Thread [color=red](Closed)[/color]

Zone

Well, You could use Hide My IP Platinum, and SMAC.
Or you could go through a remote desktop and run the client from someone else's IP.

iEatEmoKids

I don't think IPs shouldn't be seen to the public. o_o
Btw, were the players just random players or players that were hired by the server?

Pandora

There's no really way to know if it was admin/gm of that server, player of that server or whatnot, at least it's not really in my power to find out and no one from said server came to comment.

GM-Ymir

account login : diego1
in game name : Dark Crosses

account login : diego2
in game name : Dark Sins

account login : diego3
in game name : Dark Sinx

Date: 18th/3/08

I have a feeling we had the same trouble. These guys came on and were were spamming GenocideRO in the middle of Prontera. It's not acceptable for any server, let alone new servers such as my own to have these hooligans come on spouting most likely lies about how 'great' GenocideRO is.
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)

toohot22

its on most server some user take it on them selfs to do this i myself have just banned 3 player's for slamming other servers and forums this give's my server a bad name and look i have only got 7 players and i would like to keep my server going so any ip or names of slammers is a good thing i might start a list of slammers for all too see and add to.

=/ this sounds bad....
either way thanks for the lil warning man....

either way i guess most ppl can just ip ban them for now....

Untitled

Tsk tsk.. Hope that the Admin of genocide would clear stuff... Still can't help but think this should be on the server reports? x3

Pandora

Well server report section says this:
"If a server that is listed on RMS has false information or have been using foul play, please report that server here. This board is strictly for RMS related material."

Since it happened on my server and not on RMS I thought it best put in this section.