DaredevilRO Theft

Started by HiddenDragon, Jul 30, 2009, 09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiddenDragon

Seriously....nearly everything from EssenceRO's GRF was stolen.

http://daredevilro.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=488

They didn't even bother to change the names, which includes personalized hats such as:

Drooping Cebalrai
Drooping Yosh
Drooping Skwipe
Drooping Tony Stark
Drooping Nora Stark
Drooping Kiki
Drooping Takara
Drooping Vaidra (Vhaidra)
Drooping Aria Stark
Drooping Biomaster
Drooping Eileithyia
Drooping Hunny Buns
Drooping Praetor
Drooping Tira
Drooping Gazel
Drooping Hidden (This one is made by myself)
Drooping Windii (Also made by me for a friend)

....and countless more sprites exclusive to EssenceRO. All of the above headgears were made for EssenceRO players (as named) by Cebalrai except the last two, with the majority of them done only after a $30 donation. This list alone represents at least $360+ worth of sprites that were stolen.

I advise other server owners to check the following pages and see if anything of theirs is stolen. Because there is quite a lot of sprites there not from EssenceRO as well.

If you're gonna steal, DaredevilRO, at least do it properly. I guess you guys simply couldn't get any lazier.

LiteX

They also havbe 80% of the hats to give the same f'ing bonus...seriously how lazy can somebody get...
ライテ‐エクス

LemonCrosswalk

I am surprised this topic hasn't been carried over to their forums. Although, I doubt the players would care all that much.

Xarale

Jeeze, kinda sad that they didn't even bother changing the names of the custom/personalized Drooping headgears they stole. 

Either they honestly thought they wouldn't get caught out, or they really don't care about their server's reputation.

Squishy

I just think they're the kind of server who only cares about donations.

Descent

Possible GM Hall of Shame candidate? Could be a first for it, with an entire Server's Staff being placed in.

LemonCrosswalk

I doubt all the GMs put in the stolen GRF. There should be a stamp on their RMS site though. Like the seal of hall of fame that links back to the forum post.

LiteX

Quote from: LemonCrosswalk on Aug 01, 2009, 12:12 AM
I doubt all the GMs put in the stolen GRF. There should be a stamp on their RMS site though. Like the seal of hall of fame that links back to the forum post.

Nice idea
ライテ‐エクス

Descent

Doodah and HiddenDragon's posts have been 86'd. I'm really getting tired of the egotistical BS and the derailments. It stops now.

Don't trash this thread. Next time I have to trim it, I'm going to start dropping Warns.

Edward

Not trying to be a **** or anything...

But it's great that you noticed that this server stole from essence... but did you know that a good majority of the server's items/maps/sprites/effects are stolen from Gravity?

Honestly... if we really do put every server which has stole something from someone else on the hall of shame, every single server would be on the hall of shame. (Even the official RO servers, they stole ideas.)

And there's lots of ways to prevent stealing... if a server really wanted to prevent it, they could! It just takes a bit of research and experimenting, and it's been done MANY times before. Like with HeliosRO & ApocalypseRO, they have a GRF Protection system to prevent stealing...! Same with botting & WPE-ing... it's preventable with a bit of research and experimenting! How else do you think ZapBomb and [Lance] made their V-Shield & Elecom Shield?

So if you say those sprites are worth that much... why isn't EssenceRO using any of the money to invest in a GRF Protection system to prevent those expensive sprites from being taken?

Omi

QuoteHeliosRO & ApocalypseRO, they have a GRF Protection system to prevent stealing...!

then you just manually break the grf apart, much easier to do that too

QuoteSame with botting & WPE-ing... it's preventable with a bit of research and experimenting! How else do you think ZapBomb and [Lance] made their V-Shield & Elecom Shield?

also easily gotten around, once you find out the packet restriction, wpe is alowed again, and with botting it's just a matter of adding special configurations.

LiteX

Quote from: Omi on Aug 03, 2009, 05:38 AM
QuoteHeliosRO & ApocalypseRO, they have a GRF Protection system to prevent stealing...!

then you just manually break the grf apart, much easier to do that too

QuoteSame with botting & WPE-ing... it's preventable with a bit of research and experimenting! How else do you think ZapBomb and [Lance] made their V-Shield & Elecom Shield?

also easily gotten around, once you find out the packet restriction, wpe is alowed again, and with botting it's just a matter of adding special configurations.

Things can easly be hacked and bypassed if enough time was spent

"But it's great that you noticed that this server stole from essence... but did you know that a good majority of the server's items/maps/sprites/effects are stolen from Gravity?"

IIRC this thing has been debated to hell and back...
ライテ‐エクス

Akinari

Whatever you put in a GRF is going to be taken by someone at some point.  There's really no use in arguing over it.  Just about every server that has customs started by taking from other servers.  The only difference between taking specifically from one server and downloading public releases people post is that the one didn't go through the trouble of making it as easily accessible.  Although I do agree the customs should have at least been altered.

HiddenDragon

Some servers I've found, charge real world money for custom sprites stolen from EssenceRO, most of which are freely obtainable by non-donators.

More on that later >.>

Descent

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Aug 05, 2009, 10:56 AM
Some servers I've found, charge real world money for custom sprites stolen from EssenceRO, most of which are freely obtainable by non-donators.

More on that later >.>

Take note, RMS. That is theft.