BasicRO advertising?

Started by DeePee, Jun 26, 2009, 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeePee

A member/members got the following PM on our forum:

Looks a lot like http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,10408.msg74715.html#msg74715 don't ya think?

It could be some player doing it, but by the looks of it...it's someone from the staff >.>

Newly

No one reads these days i swear.

READ THE RULES. Good god. D:

DeePee

Newly

I meant that to the person that was advertising XD not you. Sorry.

DeePee

Hm, actually... it might need to be moved to Hall of Shame, but I guess I'll let a mod decide on that.

Hutchy

Loki

Ah. The same s*** again. Why can't it be pink in color next time? :(
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Descent

Quote from: DeePee on Jun 26, 2009, 05:36 PM
Hm, actually... it might need to be moved to Hall of Shame, but I guess I'll let a mod decide on that.

No argument here. Moved to the Hall of Shame.

LiteX

Time to wait for the admin of BasicRO so he can shine some light in this topic...
ライテ‐エクス

HiddenDragon

Couple members on EssenceRO also received this spam:

Pricks.

EDIT: Main site and forums also appear to be using a rather commonly stolen RO wallpaper from DeviantArt

Screenshot:

Original DeviantArt link: http://shilin.deviantart.com/art/Ragnarok-Online-Hearth-Side-92570006

LemonCrosswalk

There forums are dead. The only posts are made by admins, so it's obviously an admin doing it since they don't have a population yet.

DeePee

*Looks at the username used in HiddenDragon's PM*
*Looks at the Team page: [GM] Altec - Sub GM*

Indeed.

Sarin

Looking forward to server owner's explanation, especially since the server looked interesting to me, but now...

Altec

Hey Guys, iam really really sorry about this but i can swear that this kind of advertising no one from the gm team was.
I already heard it from other servers too. I think we have a player who thinks he must help us to advertise it but I dunno it exactly.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Altec

PS The Design of the Homepage is not from Deviant Art or sth else we made it by ourselves.

Loki

Quote from: Altec on Jun 29, 2009, 04:54 AM
Hey Guys, iam really really sorry about this but i can swear that this kind of advertising no one from the gm team was.
I already heard it from other servers too. I think we have a player who thinks he must help us to advertise it but I dunno it exactly.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Altec

Proof please?
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.