Advertising on ReboundRO forums.

Started by Tom~, Oct 30, 2009, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom~

This guy started advertising on ReboundRO forums today... 20 minutes ago maybe?

The last screenshot shows his email. yC/Riotblade, can you check if that email is being used by any acc in here? Thanks

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Cabal

they have done it on every single forum and topic in the forums its so annoying =/

Nukii

They aren't stoping the whole Forum is full.

Tom~

New screenshots:

The forums (as nukii said) are full:

The reason:

Read the signature. It seems like someone advertised rRO on HIS forums. That means he IS part of the staff :D!

Speedwagon

I'd like to add to some evidence by saying the admin guy of BattleRO, Mephistopheles, was online on his forums during and a bit after the spamfest.

No, I have no screenshot, because that would have been smart.

Tom~

I think this should be moved to HoS?
Posted on: Oct 30, 2009, 01:45 pm
Lol, BattleRO's admin is online; he replied to a review made by an angry ReboundRO's player :P

Squishy

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the servers at the top of the RMS server list are usually the worst in some way?

andlol, this guy is such a jackass. :D

Tom~

Lol right.
Blackout, Dreamer, Zeta... they all have been either here or in server discussion xD

yC

Like any other advertisement spam, I have to remind readers that it could be anybody doing the show and give a bad name to a server.  Unless you can prove it's the server or any other server's staff that is doing such stupid thing, I don't think you should blame it on the server.

The IP is nothing special.

Moving to Hall of Shame, renamed topic title because like I said it could be anybody with a keyboard doing it.

kel19

how about the email? It's the one being promoted into his site like you can reach me via this email and by registering into the forums of reboundro you need to activate it via email.

is that enough?

Tom~

Quote from: Tom~ on Nov 02, 2009, 03:59 PM
Quote from: Codec on Nov 01, 2009, 11:44 PM

battleRO Administrator: Mephistopeheles ([email protected])

Oh? whats this?

Screenshot from: http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/server-hall-of-shame/battlero-t12217/0/

ReboundRO forums need account activation thru email; that means, the admin DID spam ReboundRO forums :D!

Also, I just registered on their forums, and guess what.

Its the same email.
Is that enough proof? I think they deserve to be PUNISHED.

Quoted from: http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/server-reviews/battlero-t12245

yC

Well, I just tried.  Battle RO's forum registration really have an email sent from [email protected]. BUT Rebound RO's forum does not require email activation on registration.  So anybody can register with the email [email protected] and be able to spam right away.  To avoid future accusation or make it easy for spammer I think email activation might help a little.

Also, I was searching for a listing of Rebound RO and I couldn't find any.  It is not our job to take action in any cases if Rebound RO is not a member of RMS.  Correct me if I missed the listing somewhere.

GorthexTiger

How hard would it be to check the headers and verify if the same IP address was used to spam the ReboundRO forums, with the IP that was used to send the email to your inbox?

All the admin has to do of Rebound, is cough up the IP address used by the spammer (unless they used a proxy), and then verify the IP which sent the e-mail.

It's been done before, back when everyone was crying about how Gravity was sending out emails to close down their servers (which was spoofed to look real). The topic was on the eA forums, and if I can find it, I'll link it here.

@yC: Just because ReboundRO isn't a member, doesn't that mean you should still take action on the party that started it?

If it's proven that the email did indeed come from their admin, then this should be solidified, that way we have history of BattleRO's transgresions; simply saying

Quote from: yC on Nov 03, 2009, 06:53 PM
It is not our job to take action in any cases if Rebound RO is not a member of RMS.

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me, especially since just registering (correct me if I am wrong) but is free, so potentially, everyone here COULD be a future owner.

It's like the a company paying the mob for protection then going out and attacking someone and then expecting the mob to protect them.

Didn't mean to derail the topic, just my 2 cents.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Tom~

ReboundRO is being listed this week, if i'm not wrong.

I had to activate my account thru email; check again o.o

Luna~

Quote from: GorthexTiger on Nov 03, 2009, 07:10 PM
How hard would it be to check the headers and verify if the same IP address was used to spam the ReboundRO forums, with the IP that was used to send the email to your inbox?

All the admin has to do of Rebound, is cough up the IP address used by the spammer (unless they used a proxy), and then verify the IP which sent the e-mail.

It's been done before, back when everyone was crying about how Gravity was sending out emails to close down their servers (which was spoofed to look real). The topic was on the eA forums, and if I can find it, I'll link it here.

@yC: Just because ReboundRO isn't a member, doesn't that mean you should still take action on the party that started it?

If it's proven that the email did indeed come from their admin, then this should be solidified, that way we have history of BattleRO's transgresions; simply saying

Quote from: yC on Nov 03, 2009, 06:53 PM
It is not our job to take action in any cases if Rebound RO is not a member of RMS.

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me, especially since just registering (correct me if I am wrong) but is free, so potentially, everyone here COULD be a future owner.

It's like the a company paying the mob for protection then going out and attacking someone and then expecting the mob to protect them.

Didn't mean to derail the topic, just my 2 cents.

Here: http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?showtopic=212020&hl=shut+down+server+gravity