Gloom Under Night > Best Way to Kill

Started by Larguirucho, Nov 08, 2010, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larguirucho

It's easy, I wanna kill Gloom, but I don't know the best way. The server where I want to kill It is a Mid Rate and I want to kill It with only another person (so, 2 players only, maybe 3 players but not more than that). This MvP is killed by many people so I need to kill It in the fastest/cheapest way posible. I have thought 2 possible ways:

1) HW - Clown - HP
HW Full Damage and full Meteor Storm in Magic Strings. HP Buff, tank Agav, Echio, Seeker's, etc. Also Heal and Lex/Suffra if Possible.

2) Sniper - HP - WS(Optional)
Sniper Full DS, HP Buff, Heal and Tank. Lex if Possible. If there's WS, his purpose is Buff and Weapon Repair.

Maybe 2nd way is the best, but it's also the most expensive. Other's players usually kill it 2nd way.

Any Suggestions? And how bout equip?

Sniper Build I was thinking about this
Spoiler
HW Build i was thinking about this:
Spoiler
Another possible way (i think it could be better than the others before)

3) HW - Scholar - HP
HW Full Damage with Waterball. Scholar aplifies damage with Deluge (also necesary to cast waterball anywhere) and Mind Breaker (@duel - Mind Breaker - @leave). HP to buff, tank, heal and suffra if possible (lex not necesary because it will only work in one ball).

HW Build would be something like this:
Spoiler

PS: My english is not the best, i know, so sry.

Ask if you want spanish version and sorry for my bad english T_T

Relics

Both work, but doing it with high wiz means you'll need a lot more support than just another person.
You'll be needing bragi+sump+heals, so that's already two people for clown/priest.

If you have like 3-4 people, you could wiz, I'd still recommend sniper the lower that number gets though. since sniper dps is fine on gloom, and with some decent mob trapping / kiting you'll be fine?

Gankz

My guild and I used to use HW+Sniper+HP+Clown

It's not really that hard to get it together if you're on a server with a good population. High wizard locks gloom as well as freezing the mobs, HP lexes, Sniper spams DS, and the clown does bragi. Real easy and you can do it in a matter of a couple minutes. Throw in a prof if you want to finish faster.

Triper

HP with Angeling tanking the slaves, safety wall for a WS, WS kills with CT using some Fire reductions and immaterial sword because of the fire s*** he does and because he's ghost. If you can get -100% fire and Safety wall always down in the right times and the HP can tank the slaves easy. Easy kill and win.

Larguirucho

@Relics: Clown is not a problem, it can be double acounted, so it still can be done by two players, but I think you're right and Sniper is better.

@Gankz: Yeah, that way is easier but as I said, i have to kill it with only two players, maybe three, and remember that there will be another party with sniper for sure, so i have to kill it in the fastest way.

@Triper: Remember it's a mid rate, so angeling is not an option for me. Anyway, WS is a nice choice but a bit complicated and slower than sniper or wiz, so it wont work for me.

Maybe the best option will be 2 Snipers and a HP (double account) only for buff and heal.
Ask if you want spanish version and sorry for my bad english T_T

fluidin

sniper priest.

dsdsds and swall tank mobs. due to flee not many bgems will be used anyway. move back when gloom gets too close. rinse and repeat.

best done with a geared sniper.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Derpityderp

I always soloed him on a hunter/sniper.

HW can work if your cast is fast enough to drop another sg after the delay and before he gets close enough to breath/bomb, you will probably need some minor delay reduction gears.

XicoR4

Works fine with 2 people (3 clients, Sniper, Priest and Lurer) in the following way:
Sniper clears one of the upper corners

Then Priest goes next to the pillar and casts safety wall on himself. Lurer goes downstairs and fetches Gloom, making sure it stays on a straight line with the Priest, to prevent sight trasher from pushing him off the ledge (which will make Gloom warp when the sniper hits it). Priest then spams SW on himself while sniper hits the MVP.
This strategy works because Gloom has a 4 cell range for his regular attacks making him able to hit you from below the ledge.

This image shows the correct positioning

uncelebrated

Sniper.  Kill Agavs until Gloom spawns only Echios.

DS to death.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

piperz

Gloom is easily solo'd by a sniper

here's a link to it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsamuscjttA

Maleficent

Or, you can do a more fun method.

Reject Sword Redemptio - Eske Him, when he puts up a demonstration - eske him and just reject sword resu at the demo.
[color=green]"Why, I am Maleficent...as all who dwell in this kingdom would know. Now you must reciprocate the introduction. Who are you?" [/color]

uncelebrated

Quote from: Maleficent on Nov 20, 2010, 01:42 AM
Or, you can do a more fun method.

Reject Sword Redemptio - Eske Him, when he puts up a demonstration - eske him and just reject sword resu at the demo.

How is spamming eske + res "more fun" than spamming DS?  There is no fun method of killing a noob mvp like gloom.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'