farming in rachel dungen

Started by mohdamrilazuan, Feb 08, 2011, 03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohdamrilazuan

in my server there is 20% chance that isilla and vanbrek will drop Yggdrasil berry..
I was hoping to farm there.. but don't know which character to use....
I only have 2 character I often used, a FO champion and a FA sniper.
could anyone tell me any suitlble gear to farm there..
coz its hard to survive for a long period of time there..

Leamee

It's easy to survive for a long time. Bring some pots, FW, and make a sin x/knight/ws (agi based build). Or you could also learn the fine art of trapping which would make you pretty much invincible unless you run of SP. This is a ver simple issue.

CrispyKitten

Make it even simpler, you don't even have to lvl a new char.  Reset your Sniper to Dex/Agi (maybe some Luk), get Sharpshooting/Focused Arrow Strike, some traps, and mob up the place with SS. 

Leamee

I'm pretty sure that SS is at least partly dependent on int and you're going to run out of sp very fast.Another option would be Tp trap and DS/hitlock.I've discovered that a well-geared WS with a decent build and aspersio deals 1.2k per normal hit on a raydric whereas a full dex snip deals 1.4K per DS with silver arrows and a decent bow. Cart term with no str stuff at all almost OSes raydrics. You can replace WS with knight or possibly sin x in this situation. I'm not dissing on snipers as I have one but if you do go to rachel with a sniper bring lots of green potions.

CrispyKitten

http://irowiki.org/oldwiki/Focused_Arrow_Strike

FAS doesn't have anything directly to do with Int, other than SP.  But you only cast it a few times, and the other times you're regening SP while mobbing.  Bring a few blue (and green) pots or strawberries or BWing and use a Healer if you're that worried about SP.  Depending on how populated the map is and how fast you can kill, mobbing can be faster than trapping and 1v1'ing every single mob there. 

Also, FAS does more dmg than 1.4k even with the simplest and most minimal gear, even more when it crits (which DS can't).

(P.S.  Isillas and Vanberks don't have any elemental weaknesses, unlike Raydrics vs. Aspersioed WSes.)

Leamee

I know that but SP is always a big problem. I've been playing snip and ws for a long tine now and yes rachel dungeon mobs are a pain because they're neutral. I saw a sin OS them with SB though.

mohdamrilazuan

SS cost to much sp.. even when you equip yourself with 3 pharaoh card.. I've bean testing with my FO champion, but to little amount of berry can be carried, and its a pain when agv lex divina you. sigh..~~

Leamee

With knight you get a peco so +1000 weight and with WS and 1000 str you can carry 8000 and have a cart that can carry 8000 weight. And no sp issues for WS if you put about 25 int

Zereges

Imo best way to farm them is with Alchemist/creator with filir, you dont need sp, you have cart (8k weight) and you dont need pots for hom too, because it has lot of flee.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

mohdamrilazuan

are you forcing me to make a WS or CR... hurm... mybe i try...  i will update the result..

Leamee

IMO you don't really have a choice. I've never played Creator and never ever will, but it could be a good option too. That said you'll need to level the homonc and the Crea. WS is a very good choice so either go for Crea or WS.

Usagimimi

Sonic Blow them with Link and Boned Infiltrator.

Regardless them being Neutral, you should land a OHKO.