Why do you like Ragnarok?

Started by MW36Recon, Sep 27, 2010, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW36Recon

Tell us, why do you like Ragnarok? What aspects of it are your favorite? Are there specific reasons that you enjoy playing the game over other video games? What features of a private server do you want to have access to that the real servers, or other servers, don't? Tell us all about your affinity for Ragnarok- and why you love it so much.

For me, I love it because it's a completely unique game, with so much to see and do. There's always somewhere to go, something to do, a quest to complete, a boss to kill....Always something.

Ganondorf

I like the game for the same reasons as you basically.  There's always something to do provided the server you're on has a healthy population that is.  Which can be hard to find sometimes.

Messing about with different combos, builds and rates from different servers is nice too every once in a while.  I usually try to stay on balanced servers though.

uncelebrated

I enjoy WoE and socializing with the community.  I can't play on servers that don't have main chat, it's too boring.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Scribbles

The community is always fun. I kinda wish on most servers you had to walk places. They build this entire world, and all you can do is warp from place to place X3

Nomi

I've wondered that once. But I figured that if the game is addicting to me, why bother thinking about it? xD

RO, no matter how old it gets,  has that unique game appearance of classical graphic design and new age 3D appearances without dwelling too far in either of the two digital.... realms I suppose would be the word. I admit it's not the best game out there, but I would be lying if I said I didn't like it.

uncelebrated

Walking places is okay as long as you don't have to use the airship.  I hate the airshop!ip!
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

benj1Gre

Ragnarok is really a unique game !
Theres always an alternative option present if you are caught in any situation !
Many things can be learnt through this game and so i love playing, rather its one of my hobby ....

Xarale

I'm not gonna lie, RO definitely isn't my favourite game in gameplay terms.  There's other games with much better/balanced game mechanics out there.

What brings me back to RO time & time again is the community.  While there is plenty of elitists & jerks out there in the RO world, the general overall community is much friendlier/social than most other mmorpg's out there.  I've often sat around in towns on random servers and ended up making multiple new friends in a single night, I can't say I've ever done that in any other mmorpg I've played.

Like others have said though, I do wish servers would encourage the use of walking/visiting other maps in the game.  There's so many maps in RO, yet I'd guess that only 20% of them ever see any regular use.

uncelebrated

It's also fun finding things you didn't expect to find, like MVP Cards.

kolela

I enjoy newbie days most on low rate servers.
Back on old days, crap equipments, party was so easy to get, random jobs, died on silly things, fun days .__.
I love random parties better than WoE, or MvP-ing.

Scribbles

Quote from: kolela on Sep 30, 2010, 12:55 AM
I enjoy newbie days most on low rate servers.
Back on old days, crap equipments, party was so easy to get, random jobs, died on silly things, fun days .__.
I love random parties better than WoE, or MvP-ing.
Agreed... good time, good times. :3

freakyred

I liked it because when I was new to ragnarok, I explored before doing actual quests. Right after the novice grounds(was level 14 by then since I didn't know I could get out of there), I went straight to byalan and was wondering how people changed their characters. I even thought an Iris was a job because someone who I was partying with had one as a pet. I used to walk everywhere with people and just chat with them while they're doing quests or farming for stuff.

It's all about the good times you have when you're partying with friends or going to WoE with them.
Try walking from geffen to prontera then to payon with 2 or 3 friends and you'll see how great and different the maps are. From the deserts, to forests, to dungeons, it's just great walking around, finding new monsters, and just having a great time.

fluidin

fast paced woe/pvp.

also, isometric gfx. 3d models are way too cluttered. all the positioning and targeting training (such as effective LP/ganban-ing and spdpot asura-ing priority targets hidden in enemy packs) we do in 2d woe will be for naught in a 3d environment.

and yeah, the community i guess
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Scribbles

Quote from: fluidin on Oct 01, 2010, 12:21 PM
fast paced woe/pvp.

also, isometric gfx. 3d models are way too cluttered. all the positioning and targeting training (such as effective LP/ganban-ing and spdpot asura-ing priority targets hidden in enemy packs) we do in 2d woe will be for naught in a 3d environment.

and yeah, the community i guess
I always wondered, Why did they Make the Emperium and Guardians 3D...

Basil

I love how the game system is like, in terms of the stat system, and love how the skills and character sprites look.

The anime feeling to a mmorpg makes it worthwhile, I never knew about private servers till around 2007-2008, always wanted to play RO since the early 2000s.

Chojiro

WOE. Competition. Teamwork. Various other games have flaws (such as bad skill design or boring delays) which slow gameplay down or just suck entirely.
beep beep

Scribbles

I've never really competed in a "good" WoE, where I define good as : It wasn't a SHR, More than 3 people on the server, and more than 4 well organized guilds.

WoE SE looks more like a Team effort, which is why I like it.

Derby

I enjoy Ragnarok especially Super Low Rate PK Servers with no instant warp to higher level of dungeons besides level 1! Cos like, max urself, get decent equips and.. CAMP at Famous Leveling Spots Like Sphinx 04, Ice Dun 02/03, Abbey 02,03, Mosco 01,02,03 and.... once newbies or those "almost maxed" (99/69 98%) comes.. KOS them! -1% exp /gg and they go all out cursing u! Its fun XD
Signature too big, we don't support the weight and height modifiers.  You might want to pre-resize your image.  Please follow the 700 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height) rules.

VaticanIscariot

RO is a chatting platform since 40% of the time i sit in town talking, 25% of the time leveling, 20% card hunting, 10% headgear hunting, and 5% woe.

fluidin

mine is actually 80% chatting 20% woe.

i've recently resorted to asking people to lvl chars for me D: luckily they do it cos im still an asset in woe
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Ryouki

10% Leveling, 2% Chatting, 58% PvP, 30% Woe :D
Winning Isn't Enough.

leadtech

i love ragnarok .. because of the excitement and cute graphics ..
i play ro since it was started .. ;3

Flash Ragnarok Online [ONLINE]
http://flash-ro.info

Judgement

Super Smash Brothers 64!

Scribbles

I remember my first WoE. I made a guild with only, like, three people. I was able to walk through the Non-trans castle (By myself, BTW) with relative ease (With 500+ people participating!) I guess they thought I wasn't in a Guild. Not like I could break the EMP anyway, being a Lv70 Hunter

frozepls

- Likes ro since only [the time] 2 years ago.
- Woe
- Leveling
- Chatting through Ventrilo.

utsav_chs

It learnt much from Ragnarok, and still learning.

The people, the interaction with the international cummunity.

Ragnarok has changed my life and might be several others...Atleast I got somewhere where I can be when I am bored at office..xD

Noobstarr

I like LOVE RAGNAROK. Like loving your special someone. Even they have negative traits, you still love them just the way they are. I love EVERY ASPECTS of Ragnarok. That's why I've been playing it for almost 8 years already. I just can't stop playing it even until the day I die.  ;D

Flyinfingaz

Its the only game I'm still good at but sadly there aren't many good servers around.

Tart

The one and only MMORPG I know how to play and the easiest to play xD
No complicated shiz and not really time consuming like WoW.
Lots of good people too. xD

Scribbles

Seems like there are more WoW freak-out videos than there are RO Freak-outs.

Tart

RO people are much cooler! :D

acedia

i like ragnarok because it is more challenging than other games out in the market... other games just let you grind and grind and grind but ragnarok will let you feel more into the game the grinding... you will feel like you are the one walking around midgard