Which Rates Do You Prefer And Why?

Started by Nyub, May 02, 2011, 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyub

I've been noticing Leamee's posts on the Class Jobs. Well what you said was true. An increment of stats from standard 99 to 999 affects a lot. And there are hardly SHRs out there that actually nerfs, changes and rescales skills to the extent that even Baby Bards can kill a Paladin (retaining the normal attack value, not over scaling like x10 Double Strafe).

Balance of classes in SHRs are hard, but not impossible. It just takes a LOT of patience, and not to mention, acceptance. And duels and rage wars that lasts more than 6 seconds are fun right? :3 It's just the matter of ... awkwardly ... using the right skills and not just a SinX with 194 aspd attaching itself to the host and wait for it to die. (We hate those.)

Myteriouss

^
Last MR I played I've seen Asura-Whores, Crit-Sin-Whores with some fancy The Paper cards and Mobster.

As for myself, I'm no longer a fan of servers that have no PD because it allows sins to easily crit the hell out of you instantly with combo of cards and! dual wield of daggers/swords.

Leamee

Hm to me anyone who doesn't use EDP SB in PVP as a Sin X is a loser, or someone who's on an SHR and can get away with that.
You might as well make a crit... LK then? I mean they have more HP and... wait, SHRs are screwed up anyway, and so are high-MRs.
No seriously being original is fine but like, crit when you can 2/3 shot almost anyone with EDP SB and decent gears?
Oh well, some people like to make their life even more complicated than it already is o_O
It's like the champs that FO people (including me) in PVP. I'll never ever understand that.No one dies to a couple of FOs...

xyuki

Well I've played them all and liked them all except for MRs. xD

I used to like HRs because I just didn't find the time to lvl up properly, also the server was really promising and the staff was great. (On the first HR I played) thus I moved on playing HRs.

Midrates - Not sure why, but this one kind of bored me. Maybe I just didn't find a good MR but I really didn't ever feel motivated to do anything there.

LR - I fell in love with them when I returned to iRO again (pre-renewal) and lvled some. Afterwards I shortly played a HR and whoa, that was soo boring. XD

SHR - I once played a decent one, not perfect but they nerfed a lot and actually tried. It was pretty fun because not only one class was solely OP and owned everyone.

All in all though I like rates of 3x ~ 7x. 10x at highest but 5x is probably what I like best. It grants good lvling but still keeps you busy. :3
At least that is what used to - I kind of retired from RO for a while. Might come back or not at all I am just a forum roamer atm and check things out on iRO sometimes without really playing.

Myteriouss

Quote from: Leamee on May 05, 2011, 11:52 AM
Hm to me anyone who doesn't use EDP SB in PVP as a Sin X is a loser, or someone who's on an SHR and can get away with that.
You might as well make a crit... LK then? I mean they have more HP and... wait, SHRs are screwed up anyway, and so are high-MRs.
No seriously being original is fine but like, crit when you can 2/3 shot almost anyone with EDP SB and decent gears?
Oh well, some people like to make their life even more complicated than it already is o_O
It's like the champs that FO people (including me) in PVP. I'll never ever understand that.No one dies to a couple of FOs...
Indeed. Sins with EDP in a no PD server, they just need /nc on to kill you xD

As for in a SHR, you actually gotta use all the skills Gravity has given that certain class (which I find).

DarkPrince666

10x/10x/10x.  or a MR. don't like for things to move too quickly, makes the game end up boring for me.

Charity Case

I think mid rates are my favrioute (50ish), that is if the server stays running because restarting all over   is pretty s*****. You can hunt stuff and all and at the same time if youre into WOE you can enjoy some really fun woe's. And its not really a grind fest either too so its kinda balanced all-in-all.

Daikido

I prefer mid rates because i dont want to farm and level for month but i want to do something for my character, so i think this is the best choice for me ;)

Syron

Mid-rates are great, not too hard yet not too easy, just perfect rather than 1 hit max levels or 8 month grinding.

1 / 2 months to hit max level is perfect and depending on the features can be a lot of fun.

pr3zs

High rate 255/120 max level <3 fun.

Charity Case

Quote from: Syron on Aug 19, 2011, 11:15 PM
Mid-rates are great, not too hard yet not too easy, just perfect rather than 1 hit max levels or 8 month grinding.

1 / 2 months to hit max level is perfect and depending on the features can be a lot of fun.

Yeah this is like exactly why i love miderates and hate low rate servers like 5/5- which takes you like at least a month(if you play alot) to hit max level.

Purr

I prefer mid-high rates with lots of custom (but decent) headgear's/cute features/ balanced pvp/mini games/ect... I just hate leveling period.  >:(

Buckyx

atm high populated fresh low rates(or in native language), mid-high rates woe/bg specialized

DavionFuxa

I'm not really a player interested in WoE or PVP, but I am a player that's interesting in partying with people and playing multiple different characters with different roles. Low Rate Servers have therefore usually been the preference as it makes it more likely you'll be able to party with people, and with multiple characters I wouldn't have to individually level them all quickly before I could be able to party with other people. However, I can't say I'm a fan of grinding so I don't necessarily disprove of Middle Rate Servers - especially those on the lower end of the scale. Building a character can be fun too.

BigMac

I think a lot of us are sick of low rates after grinding it out on 1x/1x/1x official servers.   Those wanting a taste of RO again after officials would probably just want a quick fix, level and farm, smash some emps and pwn some nubs quickly without spending 1000 hours on the game.