What server needs a wipe?

Started by monkeyblood, Jul 06, 2023, 04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyblood

Definitely heRO for me. Server been literally dead for years but I always felt they had great custom content. Wipes usually bring an influx of players as well. I always love that fresh wipe/new server rat race!

What do ya'll think, can a wipe of these washed up servers be beneficial? And if so, which server that is still up would you head back to if they announced a wipe tomorrow?

iMissDecentServers

Haven't heard of that server since forever. Went to check their website and holy s*** that looks something straight out from 2007.

XiLeRO for me. Or any other pre-2006 server, to be honest. Some (p2w trash such as Talon and Nova) need to be straight deleted because it's s*** and bring bad attention to the community.

Playtester

But not ever wiping is HeRO's selling point. The people playing there are people who got tired of server's always wiping after a while.

Wiping to get more players is just an illusion anyway because people who only join new servers are people who want the competitive rush to the top and will leave after a few months again.

Sachimi

Quote from: iMissDecentServers on Jul 06, 2023, 05:57 PM
Some (p2w trash such as Talon and Nova) need to be straight deleted because it's s*** and bring bad attention to the community.

Bro, you're so salty you make the Dead Sea bland. Your posts are mostly badmouthing Talon (do tell us when you got banned and why it was for RMT/other rule-breaking) and making up your own theories about the server.

FYI, pay to win means you can pay for some advantage in-game that you can't get from any other source than real money. That's not true on Talon.

iMissDecentServers

Considering I played Talon for a very brief period of weeks, deciding to quit when I saw how things were handled there, no, my account is fine there and still being used by people playing there, so, nice try in your attempt. No clue who you are and what you gain from trying to protecting a server known for being p2w (likely some staff there as they love to accuse any negative review as "salty banned player" /heh) and predatory by saying it's not lol. Good luck trying to get any more replies or attention from me, Talon (LOL) bootlicker.

Unnecessary comment btw. Stay on the topic unless you want your comment deleted. :)

Quote from: Playtester on Jul 10, 2023, 01:33 PM
The people playing there are people who got tired of server's always wiping after a while.

In my reply at least I didn't meant the server should wipe in order to revive (or wipe seasonaly, as it's even worse), that's something that should never happen, but if that were to happen, then many of those really old servers would certainly become a new server again (in terms of player count), because many of them are actually pretty decent and unique, the only reason keeping people from joining is the time gap between old and new players as some servers close to two decades old

Martreus

Quoteactually pretty decent and unique, the only reason keeping people from joining is the time gap between old and new players as some servers close to two decades old
In heRO's case, not having a wipe doesn't mean much as one can join with a player group and do any activities anyway with no rush or pressure to catch up. There's no point in reaching same power level as veterans anyway, so people can still join and experience the server even with no wipes. PvM activities there are still enjoyable and doable with any power level or account age.

I like the no wipe aspect. Some server implement seasonal servers below a legacy server, its another interesting approach to keep things fresh. As I'm attached to gear and chars, I like to keep those for as much as possible. I have started a new many times anyway, but keeping those chars in one server for many years and hoping back in from time to time is very appealing.

Sachimi

Quote from: iMissDecentServers on Jul 12, 2023, 09:43 AM
Considering I played Talon for a very brief period of weeks, deciding to quit when I saw how things were handled there, no, my account is fine there and still being used by people playing there, so, nice try in your attempt. No clue who you are and what you gain from trying to protecting a server known for being p2w (likely some staff there as they love to accuse any negative review as "salty banned player" /heh) and predatory by saying it's not lol. Good luck trying to get any more replies or attention from me, Talon (LOL) bootlicker.

Unnecessary comment btw. Stay on the topic unless you want your comment deleted. :)

In my reply at least I didn't meant the server should wipe in order to revive (or wipe seasonaly, as it's even worse), that's something that should never happen, but if that were to happen, then many of those really old servers would certainly become a new server again (in terms of player count), because many of them are actually pretty decent and unique, the only reason keeping people from joining is the time gap between old and new players as some servers close to two decades old

Pretty sure that you're not allowed to impersonate a mod here, bro.

It's on-topic to discuss whether a server needs a wipe, therefore saying it doesn't is completely on-topic and valid. Saying you're salty is an observation based on your post + other posts elsewhere about the server. Your opinion is based clearly on how little you played and what dumbassery you got into while there. How salty your posts come across as is truly outstanding. The server doesn't need a wipe just because you had a bad experience because of your own misconceptions (see: "pay to win") and nonsense.

And again, pay to win doesn't mean "you can donate". It means you donate and gain some advantage that you cannot get in any other way. It's literally not true on Talon. It's not "bootlicking" to state facts, just because you believe a false definition. You're unequivocally wrong, deal with it.

iMissDecentServers

What a weird person LMAO.

Please, do quote where I ever said Talon should wipe? For the best of the community, Talon should get deleted, not wiped. Period. And you heard it here, folks. TalonRO/TalonTales is not P2W hahahah. Kind of desperate stuff you'd only read from chills.

Hope you enjoyed your 30s of attention from me, as from now on I'll be doing what everybody else here on RMS does for years: ignore you.  /heh

Quote from: Martreus on Jul 12, 2023, 10:50 AM
In heRO's case, not having a wipe doesn't mean much as one can join with a player group and do any activities anyway with no rush or pressure to catch up. There's no point in reaching same power level as veterans anyway, so people can still join and experience the server even with no wipes. PvM activities there are still enjoyable and doable with any power level or account age.

I like the no wipe aspect. Some server implement seasonal servers below a legacy server, its another interesting approach to keep things fresh. As I'm attached to gear and chars, I like to keep those for as much as possible. I have started a new many times anyway, but keeping those chars in one server for many years and hoping back in from time to time is very appealing.

Since heRO is such a miniscule server, there might be some appeal for new players as they would be able to do things casuals usually don't get to do on big servers, such as MVP, rankings, do testings (such as off-meta MVP builds).

RO was not a game to have wipe ever, and I believe OP, from the beginning, just wanted a discussion of which servers would be cool or could benefit from a wipe, not that any server should wipe at all. There has been many servers with seasonal wipes over the years, and as far as I know, not one of them got past 2nd season. As you said, nothing beats stability and the feeling of being able to return whenever you want.