Stupid things you have heard people say about RO?

Started by LiteX, May 06, 2009, 05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uannaka

Can  you give me ur account?

novice>mage>champion

chinkyeyes

This happened at a SHR I tried out lol. Apparently the guild leader of the guild I randomly joined was pro.

*20 mins before woe starts*
Guild leader: I've played on iRO chaos on one of the biggest guilds and was the best breaker so follow my build. For breakers just boost crit as much as possible because the emp doesn't get hit if its not critted.
Me: ....*leaves guild*

Pandora

Quote from: Orange on Jun 27, 2009, 02:08 AM
On Conquer online they had PK, While I was on sis's char I got her "red named(drop some of your equips if you die) from PK'ing someone, He came back, killed me, I drop my loot, I run back pick it up and then he asks me if he can buy my bow(which dropped and he just stood on it for like a minute)

Anyways damn I love PK games : d
Rare to see someone that plays CO ^^ anyhow I think they added a system where you can lock some of your items now so they don't drop.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

uannaka

CO sucks so bad. the only way you can play properly there is by buying dragonballs with real money.

LiteX

Ehhh, just remembered some more
Back in August-September 2008 on my old school, some internet security (Technically, it was more of a "protect yourself from predators" than a "protect your computer from hackers&DDoS attacks") guy was at school with a powerpoint about internet security, and he had a lot of flawed arguements, some bits of his speech was:
1) If anyone is harrasing you online, call the police. (Which is very flawed, if someone from persay Korea, France or Argentina was harrasing me, there is no way american police would solve this problem.)

2) When you are playing online, do not speak with others, I can assure you this works because I do it and I play WoW, you don't need to talk to play the game, so don't. (Which is an extremely flawed statement, without communication, partying and trading would be impossible in MMORPGs, not to mention it makes other people take you for a bot)

3) Never talk about such minor things like your age or number of rooms in your house, any smart person can use this to find out where you live (Even though this is kind of true, there is no way that you are going to find a specific 14/15 year old out of all the ones who use the net..., and who the hell puts something like number of rooms in your house on their myspace page)

In the end, he said something like "I know how all of you younger generation are brighter then us, like my son always bypasses our internet bans such as stealing our password(It's easy as hell to do this if you watch the victim type their password) or going into Youtube(Dunno why, but a lot of parents in that area pretty much blocked Youtube, possibly because of "pr0n vidz"), but please use the net safely"
In the end, he showed us cases that happened about these kinds of crap, but this mainly happened because of people telling their address to everyone they met on the internet, which is one of the most idiotic thing someone can do online(Most kids there listening were about 13-15, so it should be common sense for them...), and in the end, he did not even mention anything about important stuff such as not plagiarising (Highly common in my old school) and about DDoS attacks, just how to keep "the net safe", this really took my "this region is definetly lacking in it's info department view" from many stupid things i've seen to "this region is still in the industrial age view", thank god i have moved from there...atleast for some years...
ライテ‐エクス

Orange

^lol... I was always told stuff like "never tell anyone your australian they can find you"

>.>
:3

LiteX

Quote from: Orange on Jul 13, 2009, 12:06 AM
^lol... I was always told stuff like "never tell anyone your australian they can find you"

>.>

According to wikipedia, there are ~22,000,000 Australians in the world, 1/~22000000 is a pretty low chance fo find you, and it gets extremely ridiculous in Brazil (Which is 1/~200000000, and yeah, they actually say that...)
ライテ‐エクス

Poki

"What the eff?  GM, I think backslide is broken.  I kept spamming it in WoE to get past the group of players, but I didn't move."

"You hacker!  What the hell?!  How do you know where I am and follow my every movement when I am cloaked?!"

Loki

"I hate this server because everyone has EDP and I don't."
"That's because you never hunt for Poison Bottles."
"I do! I always spam 'Create Poison Bottle' skill but nothing happens."
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Lucia Blanche

Oh dear. I lol'd.

"sin x's are the best class cuz of edp!"

Oh yeah. Here's something stupid I thought when I first started:
"Clovers give luck!!"
Hush, we were all stupid once.

Annihilate

From somebody else's signature in some forum ive read:

*WoE Time*

A: Dude, are you wearing your smokie gloves?

B: Yeah. I'm wearing one right now.

A: Cool.

B: And I'm wearing another one too, just to be on the safe side.

lawl.

LiteX

Quote from: Lucia Blanche on Jul 14, 2009, 12:28 AM
Oh dear. I lol'd.

"sin x's are the best class cuz of edp!"

Oh yeah. Here's something stupid I thought when I first started:
"Clovers give luck!!"
Hush, we were all stupid once.

When I started, I thought Mounted Classes were GMs...to be honest, LUG did not have any mounted knights nor crusaders in their screenshots...
ライテ‐エクス

Descent

From a player on an old server I GM'd, speaking to my colleague about a "disappearing" donation item.

0neSh0t: gm neko gm neko
GM Neko: ?
0neSh0t: my frened hav problem he
GM Kagari: Problem...?
GM Neko: What's the problem?
0neSh0t: hes LEGIONS
0neSh0t: gstorage eat
GM Kagari: >.> I highly doubt that one...
GM Neko: 0neSh0t, the Legion Helm is still in your Guild Storage, what are you trying to pull.
0neSh0t: *sits* u fix
GM Kagari: Fix what? There's nothing to fix!
0neSh0t: w8 me here
GM Neko: We're not going to fix anything, the CP shows it
GM Neko: You still have it >.>
GM Kagari: He tried this last week with me.
0neSh0t: W8 ME HERE

Lucia Blanche

I lol'd... W8 ME HERE!! u fix!1

This was a discussion about the possibility of giving Super Novices bows on a server I used to play on. I don't remember all the people, so I'll designate them names like A, B, and C.

A: GM-B, could we possibly have Super Novices that use bows? I mean, they get owl's eye and attention concentrate...

GM-B: Geez, that sounds like a lot of scripting and sprite making. x_x

C: Huh? Dex? Why dex? That wouldn't affect a super novice's attack with a bow. It only affects archer classes attack!

Hutchy

I remember that. It was both amusing and saddening at the same time.