Solo farming Valk Shields

Started by Zshinobi, Dec 10, 2011, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zshinobi

Are there any efficient ways to do so on a 99/70 server?

I'm guessing TKMs... But are there any other options?

Gene

Sniper, just remember to drag and use ankle snare. If dual clienting is  allowed, spam safety wall on your own sniper while your sniper is killing it.

Strudel

who uses a sniper to do that..? and if you must use a sniper then get a bragi bard/joker to be beside you not a safety wall user, because your main weapon will be double strafe or sharp shooting
But else it'd be champion of course with orc skeleton cards and abysmal knight cards..

Triper

People who want to be cheap. OAB+Arrows used for the OAB set+Cursed Waters+Flee/agi gears+traps and what Gene said do the trick if there isn't much competition.
Champ is probably the best and fastest but in low rates AKs don't grow in the trees =p
WS+Ice Pick or SINX SB EDP LINK aren't bad too even if they burn a bit or resources and need a Safety Wall :v
TKM is too expensive without Dracula card >_>

Gene

Quote from: Strudel on Dec 11, 2011, 12:03 AM
who uses a sniper to do that..? and if you must use a sniper then get a bragi bard/joker to be beside you not a safety wall user, because your main weapon will be double strafe or sharp shooting
But else it'd be champion of course with orc skeleton cards and abysmal knight cards..

You don't need bragi beside you, just a good fast casting priest is enough. I've done it with Sniper too many times but I don't play RO now atm.

Zshinobi

I just went to try the trapping trick and it seems to be working but......

Eventually I'll run into a mob and then get owned.

Any other tips?

Gene

Two ways to do it, drag valk to a place where you could circle around and trap it(kill skegs on that area), or drag it to portal and remember to clear the mobs near there first. Skegs are slow anyways, plasmas are the only problem.

Zshinobi

I'll try that out later thanks :D

Also, I've heard that a 190 ASPD auto attacking Sniper is able to hit lock the valk, except you have to move back once in a while as complete hitlock isn't possible. True?

Triper

Not possible on servers with mini/mvp hit lock bug fixed.

Orange

:'(
Quote from: Triper on Dec 11, 2011, 12:26 PM
Not possible on servers with mini/mvp hit lock bug fixed.

... pretty sure you could solo valk if it has perma endure

QuoteAlso, I've heard that a 190 ASPD auto attacking Sniper is able to hit lock the valk, except you have to move back once in a while as complete hitlock isn't possible. True?
it isn't very effective, you hitlock it just as well with double strafe and it does a lot more damage.

QuoteEventually I'll run into a mob and then get owned.
if you have proper gear, you should be able to ignore a skogul/frus if you have hp pots on you. if you don't have enough flee best bet is to teleport walk back and kill it or lure it away. skeggoids take way too long to kill so i always lure them away.

if you can get giant fly wings/acid demo bottles easy, creator and a dual cliented bragi bard would work quite well. very wasteful if you have to ad other mobs on the map to clear though. dual client priest and sniper is a lot faster than solo, especially if you can get giant fly wings
:3

Triper

There is exceptions and if the server he plays is one of them, it can be a cheap solution but just not as good as others. Let me explain it better then why it isn't possible, for me, on servers with it fixed.

Nowadays, on servers with this fixed, the only hit lock that exists is from falcon[like on officials pre-renewal and I'm sure you know this too].

Most of the servers I saw this endure effect "fixed" were making monsters have:
- an effect near to Snap/Body Relocation from nowhere when they were locked for more then X secs so it was like 1 sec->Snap X cells near you->1 sec->Snap X cells near you...
- monsters weren't refreshing on your screen without using @refresh or going offscreen and both are bad to use
- others I saw was like serious impossible as the monsters would be on you in secs, like if they were with a Moonie Card so walking back wasn't even a solution without the use of traps

Based on ^, it becomes hard to do it without traps or using any other stuff making a plain auto-attacking, and this even with the hit lock of the falcon because on a 99/70 it's hard to get more then 40%[I think it was 40% the max plausible I saw when tested that with a friend] falcon auto-blitz, and walking back a bit to the impossible.

I know that a friend of mine used to do that on a low rate where the valk would just walk fast to the player with the endure effect on but he had to use fly wing every time that he saw a dmg digit on his screen and so he would waste around 20 minutes in each valk and that's a lot just to get a chance to get a shield... and would mean a loose vs competition.

Zereges

Solo is almost impossible. Find some friend (high priest), let him tank valk in safety wall and double strafe it to the death.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Orange

Quote from: Triper on Dec 13, 2011, 10:23 PM
he would waste around 20 minutes in each valk and that's a lot just to get a chance to get a shield... and would mean a loose vs competition.

with good gear you can do it in under 20 minutes, it's kind of implied that you will lose to competition if you're soloing and they are not. you can ks them if they are tanking it too =3
:3

raphael.cruger

The Safety wall + Sniper thing works people do it a lot here. Once again the biggest problem is the mobs on map rather than the valk itself;
I've also done it on LK+safety priest; 2 hand sword cast all buffs, cursed water and berserk; if u get a vanberk headgear + double orc skel bloody eater you can cut through the valk in no time with the 190 aspd and 2x times for 100 crit effect.

lfserver

or if you're bored go for WPE and SP consumables ;p This way you can solo her with bless/agi in less than 2 min ;p