Renewal vs. Non?

Started by Konata, Jun 05, 2010, 10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konata

Something I've noticed recently is that I can't seem to find any good servers that aren't using renewal.
Personally, I've read through some of the info about it when it was first released, so I may be misinformed on exactly what the differences are.

I guess what I'm asking is, what exactly is different about Renewal? The client, the mechanics, anything.
I always look for servers that aren't using any renewal features since I don't want my knowledge of RO turned upside down.
I've heard that the stats mechanics are different, monster locations are all mixed up, etc. Basically none of what I've heard makes me want to play it. The problem is that there are more and more servers appearing with it, and less and less appearing without it.
I really don't want this to kill RO for me... :(

Majinken

Read and be scared...

Personally, I'm quitting RO when Renewal is implemented in iRO... if it doesn't die first.

Konata

Oh. Nice to know I was entirely justified in my fears. D:

Gankz

There are currently no private servers with exact renewal mechanics, only cheap knock offs. Just wait for renewal to be on an international server, then eA can do better tests and actually develop it themselves instead of it being a side project by several eA users.

Renewal has potential to be good. It's not perfect, but it's a nice change. If you find a server with third classes, just don't play, they aren't worth your time and are 100% imbalanced due to having third classes on current mechanics.

Kei

The EXP / drop level difference issue bothers me, as RO effectively reduces the possible choices of monsters to hunt. The great selection of mobs / areas to visit has been making a great difference to other MMOs until now and I'd hate to see that feature reduced. There's other ways to decimate suicide-leveling on highlevel mobs.

Roane

Quote from: Konata on Jun 05, 2010, 10:22 PM
I really don't want this to kill RO for me... :(

Quote from: Majinken on Jun 05, 2010, 10:28 PM
Read and be scared...

Personally, I'm quitting RO when Renewal is implemented in iRO... if it doesn't die first.

Hate to break it to you ladies but it's been dead....for awhile now. All that's left now is how much money Admins can make off it with private servers.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Gankz on Jun 05, 2010, 10:41 PM
There are currently no private servers with exact renewal mechanics, only cheap knock offs. Just wait for renewal to be on an international server, then eA can do better tests and actually develop it themselves instead of it being a side project by several eA users.

Renewal has potential to be good. It's not perfect, but it's a nice change. If you find a server with third classes, just don't play, they aren't worth your time and are 100% imbalanced due to having third classes on current mechanics.

>Implying that all 3rd job servers are using an older, broken, outdated version of 3CeAM or haven't made their own nerfs to balance it out.

Spoiler

[close]

Seriously, I know that your server failed and all, but, can you at least try it before you knock it? You're just spreading around baseless rumors based on your opinion and what you've seen or heard.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Roane

But he has a good point. I've yet to find a server with 3rd Job Classes that were worth playing on. Nerfing the classes to "balance" them is a poor substitute. I agree that people should wait and let Gravity finish/fix them before trying to throw them onto private servers in an attempt to get more players and thus more money.

Gankz

Quote from: GorthexTiger on Jun 06, 2010, 02:38 PM

>Implying that all 3rd job servers are using an older, broken, outdated version of 3CeAM or haven't made their own nerfs to balance it out.

Spoiler

[close]

Seriously, I know that your server failed and all, but, can you at least try it before you knock it? You're just spreading around baseless rumors based on your opinion and what you've seen or heard.
>Implying my server has anything to do with the current discussion sir elitest GM

Spoiler

[close]

Seriously, you also imply that I have never tried any third class servers. I was stating my opinion on the matter and I have yet to find a decent third class server, -yours- included. Try again please.

Konata

He has a point, 3rd classes are extremely difficult to balance given the current mechanics. Personally, I don't even like them; I'd rather just stick to trans only servers. The one I just came from last has been trying to balance them on non-renewal mechanics for months, and it's still not going well.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Gankz on Jun 06, 2010, 06:12 PM
Quote from: GorthexTiger on Jun 06, 2010, 02:38 PM

Spoiler

[close]

>Implying my server has anything to do with the current discussion sir elitest GM

Spoiler

[close]

Seriously, you also imply that I have never tried any third class servers. I was stating my opinion on the matter and I have yet to find a decent third class server, -yours- included. Try again please.

Pics or it didn't happen. ^_^

Glad you still ra3g about it <3.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Gankz

im so mad bro, so mad

Sol Invictus

RO will not die until the Japanese stop playing it. So kRO is changing Renewal according to what the jRO community wants.
Some things, like the drop rate and level penalty is gonna go (who thought of that? needs to get slapped).
Trans skills keep the ability to be insta cast(will be tested once jRO has renewal, end of this month).
So in reality this is just the beginning, they also redid aspd mechanics. Dunno why people are panicking about this, if you don't want to meddle with 3rd jobs then join a server that has em but disabled in WoE/PVP or just not there at all.

Client wise, having the ability to see how long a buff lasts is great (and debuffs) and as well as seeing what the buff/debuff does. Perma /bm is also great, and you have four slots to put skills in.
If you don't like third jobs as an admin then use the client, there's no reason to keep things complicated for players with outdated clients that don't have the info the newer ones do.

Gankz

Quote from: Sol Invictus on Jun 06, 2010, 10:39 PM
RO will not die until the Japanese stop playing it. So kRO is changing Renewal according to what the jRO community wants.
Some things, like the drop rate and level penalty is gonna go (who thought of that? needs to get slapped).
Trans skills keep the ability to be insta cast(will be tested once jRO has renewal, end of this month).
So in reality this is just the beginning, they also redid aspd mechanics. Dunno why people are panicking about this, if you don't want to meddle with 3rd jobs then join a server that has em but disabled in WoE/PVP or just not there at all.

Client wise, having the ability to see how long a buff lasts is great (and debuffs) and as well as seeing what the buff/debuff does. Perma /bm is also great, and you have four slots to put skills in.
If you don't like third jobs as an admin then use the client, there's no reason to keep things complicated for players with outdated clients that don't have the info the newer ones do.

The newest clients also do away with the one thing that seemed to keep people from upgrading, and that's the ability to turn the new BM setting on or off. It's quite nice.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Konata on Jun 05, 2010, 10:22 PM
I can't seem to find any good servers that aren't using renewal.

405 Conflict

And yeah, lol @ Gravity doing the whole Renewal thing and japs throwing a fit and now they need to change most of it back again.