Ragnarok Cities

Started by Usagimimi, Feb 02, 2010, 06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuBuChaCha

Quote from: Sarin on Feb 24, 2010, 07:27 AM
Quote from: BuBuChaCha on Feb 24, 2010, 05:00 AM
Nifflheim is just a random ghost town that doesn't exist IRL.

It does exist in Nordic mythology, it is the Underworld, place where those who aren't admitted into Valhalla end, IIRC.

i was actually aware of the norse mythology reference to that town, but i'm talking about IRL existence here and myths don't exist IRL.

but anyway, yeah. Niflheim is based on a place on norse mythology.

Ryuacchi

World Project towns are already based on certain cities, so I'll leave that.

Rune-Midgard feels like your usual RPG place Arunafeltz is generally based on the Middle East + Turkey, and Schwaltzvalt feels a bit steampunk-ish, and feels European as well.

Niflheim is definitely based of the Norse world of the same name, and Lutie's your general Xmas town. Jawaii is also based on Hawaii, based on the name.

Lighthalzen may be based on Victorian London? That era also had problems regarding the large gap between the rich and the poor.

Einbroch/Einbech is probably based on the Industrialization Period, with all their factories and such.

Prontera's might be based on medieval times. They are the only city with an actual Catholic church in it.

Not so sure on Alberta, but their tropical-ish BGM might refer us to somewhere...

cheese

Quote from: Ryuacchi on Feb 27, 2010, 05:31 AM
Not so sure on Alberta, but their tropical-ish BGM might refer us to somewhere...

Now that you've said that, all that I can think of is Super Mario Sunshine and Isle Delfino.