[Non-Renewal] OI-/Skill dances and Renewal client, can you make them work?

Started by rohugo, Aug 07, 2012, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rohugo

Hi RMS community,

I just joined a new classic-, non-renewal server (Rachel episode) that is running on a renewal client though.

Now my problem is, that I can not Occult Impact/Investigate dance there because there seems to be some kind of hidden global aftercast (which seems to go down with dex though). I can cancel the animation easily enough, but simply not cast a new skill anyway.

Now my question: is there any setting/script that can be adjusted to make skill dancing work like in the original client?

The server itself tries to emulate the official servers from 6 years ago as well as they can, so I am sure the admins would be willing to adjust things, if it was possible at all? According to the GM team they are running the exact settings/script of the official classic servers....so is there some hidden thing that makes the skill delay behavior different?

Any hints or just confirmations of the problem would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

rohugo

PS: for people that might be interested - am playing on ironiconline.net, server just started 22nd of July 2012, 1x rates, no customization, no donation other than stylist vouchers, GMs very active and respond to community suggestions. I absolutely love it!

Triper

That seems to be hard coded delays to prevent the use of speed gear/no-delay stuff. You may want to ask admins/gms there to see if it's true or not. If it's, I think that there is nothing that can bypass that.

rohugo

The problem is, that it is (at least for monk) completely gamebreaking, since there is a delay even between each call spirit sphere cast, making leveling 2 times slower than it would otherwise be.

I already asked the GMs to look into it and they showed me the script they are running - all the skills have a set delay of "0" in it, as it is supposed to be.
So you think the global delay comes with the client/rAthena and can not be customized back to original?

Anyone played on eternity RO (back in 2009 it was bit, 1.5k players)? They also used the renewal client for non-renewal content. I did not play monk there so I could not tell, would be nice to know whether it was the same over there, or whether they somehow managed to get rid of the hidden delay.

Triper

Not the client but something made server side. Did you checked if the ASPD affects the cast? And if it's using rAthena, did you checked if INT changes the cast time too? Maybe they made the cast works like renewal.

rohugo

everything else, cast times etc., seems fine.

its really only something like a short aftercast delay on every single skill, regardless on whether it is supposed to have one or not. Its not only call spheres/OI etc that can't be chained: wizards seem not to be able to completely chain JT either, without a slight delay.

I was kinda hopeing someone would know a server setting like "no delay" or whatever that would get rid of that and make things normal.

Thanks a lot for your time and help though :)