Just rage-quit iRO Classic

Started by DeadOwnz, Aug 17, 2012, 05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadOwnz

Soo me derping around on my thief i was job 43 ready to change into the wonderful life as a Assassin. Turns out i need a mutha lovin Magic stone to job change.. I was like "WTF????" and i rage close my client(Alt+F4).
That's my story >:(}
Pre-RO

Buckyx

lol how much are they now? when i played it was like 80-100k  :D

Gene

Hearing "free to play" means "pay to have fun" nowadays, good thing I didn't bother about iRO classic. I do admit I got interested about the news though.

Triper

I stopped at 1/1 novice when I logged in and saw it was the super old client without the new functions.

DeadOwnz

So much rage lol . Its like 300k now i told my friend he offered me one i took it but im still pretty pissed! /pif
Pre-RO

Judgement

Do you people ever do some research before joining a server?
Super Smash Brothers 64!

yC

I think it's a step they design to get you to open your wallet to them slowly.  $1 (this is right?) is not much, but to get users to start using their purchase platform, getting their paypal/cc out of their wallets is priceless.  They first make you learn to use their "donation system" and not be afraid of it so that if you ever see those cutie headgears from the shop or want to boost yourself with some rental items, you WILL more likely to spend.  Once you "donated" you will do it again and again.

It's a business decision, it works, server is free, can't blame them. 

They can also gain a higher proportion of "paying customers" that way.  After all they are there to make money, in their point of view the free loaders are there to "play with" their paying customers.

Yukino

I thought something changed about the stone-needing feature... Hmm.

That's really a shame.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Triper

I think they want it to be made based on that stones to change classes/rebirth/etc as a way to stop bots.

SnowBunny

Lol.. I ragequit when I couldn't use my usual IGNs.. Apparently there's a lot of bunnies in the world. Pfft.

Look Adelie! Look! Stupid people! Stupid people everywhere!

Boreas

Quote from: Triper on Aug 18, 2012, 11:26 PM
I think they want it to be made based on that stones to change classes/rebirth/etc as a way to stop bots.

Mind to elaborate a bit more on this? I don't get the connection between items needed to change class and bots. Do you imply that a) people who are botting will not spend cash or b) that bots cannot use such stones automatically?

Triper

There is a post at iROWiki where Heim says that they want to implement stones for every class change[even rebirth] and maybe even for some special zones[like the cash dungeons at renewal] making new players that want to bot need at least one stone. While the current prices are almost nothing, in the future it may mean something so new players are a bit confined to bot as novices which is a bit slow to get something good or to pay/do surveys for stones.

The system that they had in mind was something like 1 stone at the begin and the further you go, the more stones you need like 1 now later 2, rebirth 3, etc.

Boreas

Quote from: Triper on Aug 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
There is a post at iROWiki where Heim says that they want to implement stones for every class change[even rebirth] and maybe even for some special zones[like the cash dungeons at renewal] making new players that want to bot need at least one stone. While the current prices are almost nothing, in the future it may mean something so new players are a bit confined to bot as novices which is a bit slow to get something good or to pay/do surveys for stones.

The system that they had in mind was something like 1 stone at the begin and the further you go, the more stones you need like 1 now later 2, rebirth 3, etc.

Mind posting a link to your source?

Triper

I think it's somewhere in here even if the few pages I read just some minutes ago don't show it but it seems that they already have some limitations for players until they use a stone according this
QuoteYou must now use the NPC in Eden to pay with a Magic stone if you want to rent a cart (unless you already have one) else you cannot rent a cart until you do.

And you cannot read mail if you did not pay that Magic stone yet either.

1 Stone (per character) now lets you
- Read Mail from Mail box
- Rent a Cart
- Change to 2nd class

You do not need 3 stones, just 1 gets you everything unlocked.
If your account is currently VIP then you will receive 100 kp back on that account whenever they do refunds for VIPs
in the few search attempts I made to try to dig the post I read there.

leokimah

I've b**** and moaned about bots to Heimdallr for years and that is the best he came up with? I don't buy this as some anti bot idea at all this is another one of warp portals schemes to siphon money from people. Bots will easily make enough money to buy a stone before they reach the level for 2nd class 2-3 times over. The only way this would actually work is if they changed the stone to non tradable in game.

yC

Yes, I don't get how the stone can stop bots neither.  The logic doesn't work unless the stone is char bounded but that will only slow down the bot army, not stop them.

Klassione

Quote from: yC on Aug 21, 2012, 09:22 PM
Yes, I don't get how the stone can stop bots neither.  The logic doesn't work unless the stone is char bounded but that will only slow down the bot army, not stop them.

Totally agree.

I never saw the logic in that either.

Thoth

I don't get how a company with that kindof money can't have decent connections and packet encryption... then again, maybe they like having bots

I went to check out the freeserver once. the novice area lagged and was full of bots. ragequit the server within 10 minutes

yC

Gravity isn't that rich, especially revenue has been declining for RO world wide except Japan.

Mathspy

Quote from: Triper on Aug 17, 2012, 10:44 AM
I stopped at 1/1 novice when I logged in and saw it was the super old client without the new functions.

Did the same XDDD /heh

And about the stone, for me it just seem another "Magical Stone" or "Reset Stone"
That thing made them lots of money, and they wouldn't like giving it up in Classic, so they just renamed it~
I miss this place

Yukino

My Windows laptop is in Hamilton, but I only have a Macbook with me here in Markham xD. Can't download it until Thursday ><... (which is good since I have unlimited bandwidth there and not here.)

Will probably rage-quit like everyone else D< but shall try it for the experience. Bought a new large screen to plug to my laptop and to enjoy my gaming haha =D.

PS. Yusifer, if you read this, are you still playing iRO, or are you busy preparing for school XD? Need to leech D<!
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Thoth

Quote from: yC on Sep 02, 2012, 08:46 PM
Gravity isn't that rich, especially revenue has been declining for RO world wide except Japan.
gravity aint rich because they are being stupid in traditional corporate fashion
scaring away the playerbase before they arrive is a perfect example of this.