Hurricane Fury?

Started by aeilus, Feb 21, 2011, 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeilus

Im a WS... just wondering how much reduction does HF gives in demihuman per refine... ???

cause im thinking about switching my ck+cranial=40%reduction to HF=???...

Relics

Hurricane fury at most (+10) will give 20% reduction to medium.

aeilus

Quote from: Relics on Feb 21, 2011, 01:08 PM
Hurricane fury at most (+10) will give 20% reduction to medium.

so... it gives 1 % per refine?

Relics

yea, it says so in the description

Leamee

HF is very good, I have one and I love it. If you can't get ice pick for WOE I'd say get one. It's a very good option for PvM purposes, just card a Zipper Bear in it. I wouldn't overup it though, as if you're on a mid or low rate you'll be lucky to get your hands on one. It's like going from +7 to +8 - not very wise most of the time unless you have a lot of money and are lucky.

aeilus

Quote from: Relics on Feb 21, 2011, 02:04 PM
yea, it says so in the description

Hurricane shaped massive two handed axe. The power of hurricane lie hidden in an orb at the center of the axe.
Reduces damage received from Medium-sized monsters by 10%.
Damage reduction from Medium-sized monsters will increase depending on the refinement rate of this weapon.
Attack Speed increases depending on the refinement rate of this weapon.
Every time you attack, small chance to cause damage and a 7 cell knockback effect to all enemies within 15 x 15 (PBAoE) cell around you.

this is the original description of the HF...

Leamee

Then have a look at the script and try to interpret it, you'll probably find the refine amount. That's how I discovered that OBBs drop less often than Gift boxes (myst case and mimic) some uninformed people told me that OBBs dropped as often as Gift Boxes.
Don't trust random strangers or a translated description of a weapon, read the script instead and try to draw your own conclusions, or have someone experimented interpret it for you.  ;)

uncelebrated

HF sucks for WoE.  CK is the only thing worthwhile, and although inferior to a CK,  Giganto(ic) Axe is better for CT than HF.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Leamee

I don't WoE and PvM (given that I don't CT all the time) I find HF to be a good weapon. There are better alternatives depending on the situation but it's still a good option.

uncelebrated

WS really isn't that great for DPS in WoE anymore, but if you must, here is a quick breakdown.

CK: Best in every way as long as you are linked and probably even if you aren't linked.

If you can't get a CK.

Giganto(ic) Axe: Best for CT Spamming
HF: Best for Ctrl clicking (auto attacking). 

Either way, no shield in WoE = bad.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'