How do you make your builds?

Started by tomosuke, Mar 14, 2009, 03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomosuke

What usually happens during a build make session?

Do you like having no wasted stats?
Do you build WoE/PvP or PvM Characters?
Do you build with food added?
What buffs do you usually add?

Some simple questions. As for me, I have a thing for having 0 stat points left. Not sure if it's too OCDish. I build any and all useful characters. Never included food. And I add just AB =3 How about you guys?

blackgh05t

• PVM, PVP, and WoE builds for friends / guildies and myself.  Almost always build around certain purposes and not "all around" builds.  Usually include skill builds outlines at the very least if for others.
  • With foods.
  • Agi Bless.
  • As long as its <3 points left over.
eos
Est. 2008

CookieEater

I usually include Agi Up and Blessing, due to good availability, but never food because I'm too lazy to make something that's obviously a stopgap for characters to be able to keep up with increasing difficulty.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Dean Stark

Trial and error. Works for me.  ;D

blackgh05t

eos
Est. 2008

Sarin

While making a build, first thing I do is to ask myself, what I want from the char. That will give me a basic stat and skill layout. For example...my SinX is built to maximize offensive possiblities with katars, while still keeping decent vit to survive stunning skills. So the stats would be max str, decent agi for some skills and melee attack, as my sin is also secondary empbreaker, enough dex for hit and some vit. I use food for  PvP/WoE, but not high, only +5 str, +3 agi and dex since these are easy to obtain. When I have it, I set priorities for equip. In this case it is Str and stat protection>hitpoints>agi>vit. In case of stat equip I decide by total stat points "equal" to points gained from the equo, that is why I for example use Ulle's cap instead of Marionette doll, but if marionette would be nescessary to hit next str bonus, I'd use that instead. This will give me equip, affecting the stat exact layout. Of course, I gotta count with what I can get, so for example I don't count on getting slotted Sun God helm.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

I never waste stats. I.e. if I make a Knight, and they have +3 LUK job bonus, I will put 7 points into LUK becanse 10 is (almost) a breakpoint for all LUK bonuses.

MemoZzz

I make a rough outline of the character I'm going to make and after making it, if I see anything lacking, I reset and try to modify it. Bless and AGI are only taken into consideration to my main characters. Otherwise, I just stick with speed items. Food is only for necessary classes; i.e. for my Lord Knight to reach 190 ASPD, or for my Super Novice to reach instant cast. I also have a character for each: a Lord Knight for item hunting, a Champion for MvP, a Baby Super Novice for PvP (because it's more degrading if you get killed by it and it's not that big of a deal if you kill it), and a High Priest and a Hunter to help friends to level up.

Littlechan

Quote from: Dean Stark on Mar 14, 2009, 08:54 AM
Trial and error. Works for me.  ;D

same with me, but sometimes I follow people's build first, and then adjust it to match my best ^^

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Dean Stark

Quote from: MemoZzz on Mar 15, 2009, 11:54 AM
a Baby Super Novice for PvP (because it's more degrading if you get killed by it and it's not that big of a deal if you kill it)

Interesting... I love the way that sounds.

Orange

Quotea Baby Super Novice for PvP (because it's more degrading if you get killed by it and it's not that big of a deal if you kill it), and a High Priest and a Hunter to help friends to level up.

Ahaha i hate a****** that do that and brag like hell if they kill you, and if you kill them they go "oh your so strong you killed a baby SN", annoying D:<<
:3

Littlechan

Quote from: Orange on Mar 15, 2009, 12:44 PM
Quotea Baby Super Novice for PvP (because it's more degrading if you get killed by it and it's not that big of a deal if you kill it), and a High Priest and a Hunter to help friends to level up.

Ahaha i hate a****** that do that and brag like hell if they kill you, and if you kill them they go "oh your so strong you killed a baby SN", annoying D:<<

ignore them? XD

or say like this

"I'm just lucky =D"

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

x3 trial, error, and fooling around XD
its odd how some builds that work really well were jokes at the start ^^;;;

MemoZzz

Quote from: Orange on Mar 15, 2009, 12:44 PM

Hahahaha... I don't brag about it. It's just what I say to myself to be able to sleep at night :P

xeroslash

First I need to know the purpose of a build, then I go play with the statcalc. Never waste points of course, but depending on the build, there are usually some stats that NEVER matters. For those stats, I wouldn't care if I don't reach a breakpoint. Usually I leave 0 or 1 leftover point for stats.

I usually calc without any buffs, bless/agi included.

Aris

i always include buffs like blessing and agi ofc... depending on the class. i'll add food depending on what level i'm willing to get (+5 for str cuz i'm lazy) and go around that.

Nao_Lesko

I let the character decide...With any game I play, I'm an RP'er at heart, so I will decide a unique name and set of traits for every character I birth.  It takes all the stress away from the "did I do right pumping all that LUK into my character" or "omg, this so didn't work out the way I had hoped".  It just sorta works for me; None of my characters are really PVP-able, but I can all ways hold my own and have tons of fun, in the mean time <3 <3 <3

Luxajin

Usually  my builds are counter builds. first i try to see the popular builds and from that make a build to counter it. for example in this server i play in SB type sinxs are very popular. so what i did was i made my sniper a flee type build.
(i could imagine there faces shocked to see there EDP Link SB miss and die from 1 or 2 FAs). this also goes for hunting and MvPing i find out there stregths and weakneses and build a build from that.

plus trial and error yes that works the best.

Sarin

I really hope this example did not happen, since any at least average assassin should survive 3-4 FAs. And any decent one would quickly counter with throw stone and SB after stunning you.

caramel

I usually check out guides about certain builds and see what they suggest and then decide how to go based off that. I prefer to make WoE characters, and I never build with food added, but I always add in the buffs since I usually try and keep a buffslave nearby. :]

I prefer no wasted stats!

Sarin

It's surprising how many people go "No food" policy...there are builds that aren't possible without it, like my LK with total stats (no buffs) 130 str, 100 vit, 60 dex. Used food is +5 str +3 dex...

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Methinks getting bless+agi is five to seven times easier than gathering items for foods.

ChemicalW

Food and buffs are the way to go.