Do you usually play RO alone?

Started by Kolby, May 21, 2013, 07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolby

Hey guys, what's up. A question suddenly pop in my head, "Do you usually play RO alone"? I can't remember when I started to do it(maybe around 08'), but it kinda sucks when you have no support to kill mvps especially the strong ones like Valk, Seyren, Gloom, Ktullanux, and etc. Yes I did make few friends over the years but I wasn't close with them and never went MVP together(probably because most of the servers I went to was high rate). So is there anyone out there who's playing RO alone? I'm at a low-rate server right now and the only useful thing I can do there is to warp portals during WoE because most of the players are only active in WoE and you have to actually spend some cash to buy certain equipments. Tell me about your experience /no1
Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

Nekoruchii

I always used to be alone. but not anymore.

I just make a lot of alts and level them on my own, hunt my own gears and farm MvPs. At least I'm always out of trouble though and you're free to do on your own (except violating rules /omg ) but then and again, I'm already enjoying being alone though, since I'm also alone personally (being the only child and mostly at home during younger days) but running into 2-xx clients is mad though @_@ but yeah, no one to blame if you got wiped out from the mvp map lol

Kiyoshiro

I always play every MMO alone, due to me not being very social. Any friends I get though, I feel very lucky to have them.

gilvert

Used to, but somehow I become a guild admin and never alone anymore.

SukiChii

Sadly, yes.
My friends don't share my same interests in terms of MMOs.

Fruit Pie~

I don't just play alone, I do my best to avoid other players like they were afflicted by the bubonic plague.

Goes double for PK servers, large communities and filipinos.

Except in PVP, of course, but I still do my best to avoid players who I KNOW have overpowered gear or are with buddies! o/

EDIT : Sometimes I do have buddies around and we play together! We mostly just do it to mock bad servers, though.

ecdarreola

Not all the times. If I'm hunting rare equips/items/cards I usually play RO alone.  /gg But when it comes to PVP-ing, I go in party because of RAID. Killing everyone in one map lol Hehe!

Ragnarok Classic - Bringing you back in time
An Episode 8.2 Ragnarok Server

Kensei

Would be boring :/

I had enough of solo RO. If I ever want to play a game I've played since, 8-9 years ago, I'd ask someone at least one to accompany me. Given only if he/she is still interested in RO as well.

yC

At low level if you are not starting off with friends you most likely have to play alone.  At higher level when other "serious" players get to know you are also dedicated to playing there it should be easier to make friends within the game and start party/guild/hunt together.

So I think make friends within the game you play is the key, if possible.  Being social is part of the fun in mmo, don't be afraid to ask for party or join a friendly conversation.  Most people are nice imo.

For me, if I play a server long enough I would make friend with the people on the server.  I like to social in main town or high population area in general.  There were times when I had all day to just chat in main town, boring zeny to newbie while hunt for mis-priced items to flip for zeny. 

Kolby

Hey guys thank you for replying to my thread :D. I didn't know there were that many people who play alone in this game, I thought it was only me. That's a relief phew* Depending on how you look at it of course /heh It's nice to read your past experiences and leading into what you become now as a player in this game.

QuoteAny friends I get though, I feel very lucky to have them.
You know what, that is how exactly feel too. I guess we kinda have the same feeling because we play this game alone huh
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Mr Chow

Quote from: Fruit Pie~ on May 21, 2013, 05:27 PM
I don't just play alone, I do my best to avoid other players like they were afflicted by the bubonic plague.

Goes double for PK servers, large communities and filipinos.

Except in PVP, of course, but I still do my best to avoid players who I KNOW have overpowered gear or are with buddies! o/

EDIT : Sometimes I do have buddies around and we play together! We mostly just do it to mock bad servers, though.

Dude, that's just bashing filipinos  /...
Thats not good  /pif

I used to play with my big bro but then we had a fight so now I play alone and steal all his equips ^_^ he doesnt know that I know his password  /gg

My friends dont actually like Ragnarok for some reason they say it's hard to play

Death Prince

I always play alone  /sob though for me I think its more fun to play alone all the drops are your's. Even though Im filipino I actually hate playing at a filipino infested servers they tend to isolate newbies sometimes

Triper

Quote from: Mr Chow on May 29, 2013, 04:39 AM
Dude, that's just bashing filipinos  /...
Thats not good  /pif

I used to play with my big bro but then we had a fight so now I play alone and steal all his equips ^_^ he doesnt know that I know his password  /gg

My friends dont actually like Ragnarok for some reason they say it's hard to play
If we compare to what you do to your brother, how is that different? Both are bad.

Anyway, I don't really think that Fruit Pie~ wanted to bash the Filipino community, it's more of not liking to hang with them, just that.
I also play with some Filipinos tons of times, some really cool people that I consider being friends, and I don't really like Filipinos either. This is mostly because of the past experiences that I got on some other servers[mid and high rates mostly].
Some of them just take the game too serious and go bashing everybody even if you don't even try to do anything and just want to watch something basic as a custom MVP being killed. Does that make me hate them for that attitude? A bit but I know that every community has those type of problems so I know when to separate the baddies from the goodies but ofc if I'm gonna make a reference to them, Filipinos will be the chosen word in this case as much as it may make some people think that is a bash against them :\ It's just a standard word, nothing more.
And who says Filipinos, can also say other people, Filipinos is just the nationality chosen in this case.

About the playing alone, I can't play any mmo alone, it's just too boring for me. If I'm going to play something alone, I prefer to get my hands into a single player game.

Bebe

I usually play alone but start making new friends. However, when it comes to hunting mvp or gears I do those things by myself xD

ZellDincht1226

Play alone. Used to play with my IRL friend almost 24/7, MvPing, PvPing, and all sorts of things. But we couldn't find a good server after our favorite one died for awhile, so he practically moved on. I still play off and on due to nostalgia bringing me back. Though I make some nice friends in a guild when I do start playing a server, usually after a couple days. I pass on some useful tips, help them out doing whatever, earn their trust. But still mostly play solo.

Karuna-tan

I farm and do stupid crap alone on RO. However, when I'm actually playing properly with my main (FS AB), there's not really a chance that I'd play alone, seeing how getting exp is just... painful at my levels if you think you're all good to go solo.

I have some random friends I've made from the parties I've joined (Juperos ftw) and I also have my own, international guild.
"Howard, you do know I've got a number of ways to poison you. In your sleep. Your food. You don't want that to happen do you?"

Zakin

Well, this made my day /ok Its nice to know that Im not alone when It comes to being alone. Wait... we actually have something in common in this topic... I just made a bunch of new friends... Im not alone anymore Yay!! /heh ... However thats only here on RMS & not my server /sob

Kolby

Quote from: Zakin on Jun 03, 2013, 11:23 PM
Well, this made my day /ok Its nice to know that Im not alone when It comes to being alone. Wait... we actually have something in common in this topic... I just made a bunch of new friends... Im not alone anymore Yay!! /heh ... However thats only here on RMS & not my server /sob
I think what all of us who are lonely should do is, go into a server, create a guild, help each other and become the most powerful guild in that server which consists of people who are lonely. Maan that'll be awesome /no1

Yoshino

I used to have cousins and friends playing RO but after years and years passing by, more MMOs have been out for grabs. Sadly, they all left me in the World of RO
but not because my computer can't handle it, Because I really really love RO.

I also used to hangout with in-game friends but after learning that they are using Sprite Edit to hunt down bosses in LHZ, I reported then and I'm now KOS and I'm taking a lot of heat from their friends this days. Although I don't have any regrets for reporting them as to me, I prefer playing fair.

It's like they're Heathcliff and I'm Kirito. Nomsayin? :P

Patton

I like to play alone or solo a lot of the time. I find it relaxing and therapeutic to be honest, Lol.

SkylarNetwork

I usually join servers alone and make a friend or two and party whenever we can, but i normaly stay away from pinoys for obvious reasons lol. I don't normally stay on a server for to long cause tbh 97% of them suck eggs these days and are all about $o$.

I'm never alone in general though as i see dead people everywhere *shifts eyes* XD.
Current server(s)
None

RoseTea

Quote from: SkylarNetwork on Jun 10, 2013, 07:27 PMbut i normaly stay away from pinoys for obvious reasons lol.
No, please, I insist.  Tell the class the obvious reasons why we should avoid pinoys.

Kensei

Quote from: RoseTea on Jun 11, 2013, 01:56 AM
No, please, I insist.  Tell the class the obvious reasons why we should avoid pinoys.

Because they're too cool to play with us.

Styx

I play a most of the time alone, mainly due time restrictions. Party and Guilds put pressure on my RL matters but if I find a good group I will invest my time for it.
In general I will help anyone that request for it, certainly if it is obvious they are stuck somehow to make progress.
Playing alone is not as efficient as playing with a group, a good group will outplay you easy.
Though most MVP's are possible, Bio3 and endless, Nidd are in common out of reach, unless the server is custome heavy.
My experiences with Pinnoys are no different then with players from other countrys, there are good and bad ones.
Though language can be an extra barrier.

Skyglass

I've always been a soloist when playing MMO's,
but since my sister is old enough now to know what to do, she plays on my servers with me.

Other than that, yes, I do MVP/PVP/Farm all alone.

Miyuu-chan

/ok I used to play alone for a long time , but not now  /ho

Pand0rah

I typically play alone, as no one I know in RL plays RO. I'll get really involved with the forum community on servers though and that typically will make playing easier as people start to know your name from the forums. I prefer iRO as a social game, where I have friends to do things with while playing and if it's just myself playing alone I just level characters, farm random things until friends log in -- or I play something else for a while.

Fruit Pie~

Man, where do you find those forums? The only time people know my name from any forums it's immediately associated with WoE drama s*** posting.

Admittedly I might have had a hand in this reputation.

Pand0rah

Haha! I join and introduce myself on the forums of the servers I join to play on and servers with great communities more often then not will give you a nice welcome and message you in-world and ask if you need any help! Maybe I'm just lucky!

Tom~

It depends. When I'm farming certain gears and items, yes. But other than that, I spend most of the time ingame doing stuff with my guild, whether we're sucking at WoE, or MvPing (even though it's not necessary in most cases).

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

ledah4

I used to play alone all the time, but I've had a mini-clan going on for a while with a few friends, so I'm only solo when they aren't around now haha.
Now that summer's starting, though, I think everyone in the world has to solo a little bit while their friends are on vacation.
Dear those friends,
y u have lives

Also, on the topic of Pinoys.. They're really nice, it just seems like they've had too much red bull... all the time. I think that's why some people don't like them. Personally, I love it. Lol.

Thoth

kinda sad when soloing is faster than partying.
I've played alot alone in mmos, most often because the game design is poor and does not reward social interaction.
mainchat can keep me interested in such situations, the server being an elaborate chatroom half the time.