about critical , Need Help~!

Started by Xenz, Nov 05, 2009, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenz

well..
first thing,
izit 1 critical equals to 1% critical rate?
thus,
whats the max critical rate should be?
(e.g. if *99* is max so izit cri99 has no different with cri200?)
then, wad is the *99* should be?
??? ??? ???
2nd thing,
may anybody give me a formula to count it?
(i just know it ignores def n deals top dmg)

'coz im confuses to set my critical for my cri-sniper
does vanberk card actually work well?
i mean..is it if 99critical n the damage is 1200,
then 200 critical the damage will be 1500 or anything?(for example)

i really need somebody to answer me please.. :-[ :-[ :-[
and if possible please gives someanymore information about critical for me.
-THX

Relics

LUK * 0.3 + Gear bonuses.

1 Crit does equal 1% chance to perform a critical attack, but there's another factor that plays a role.. which is enemy LUK.

Each 5 LUK your enemy has decreases your chance to perform a critical on them, so for example if the enemy you face has 50 LUK.. 50/5 = 10, your chance to perform a critical attack is decreased by 10%.

Also, the damage that critical adds is because it bypasses defense.. I think both hard and soft defense.
Basically, every non critical hit you do is reduced by enemy hard def + soft def, and critical does more based on how much is actually reduced (since it bypasses it)
Note that more crit does NOT equal more damage, it's just a chance.

Dealing top damage is then just based on what weapon you use, and the correct stat that pumps damage for what you're trying to do (DEX or STR etc)

There's no big advantage to get over 99 critical, just the chance to get a critical hit off on somebody.
The only reason you'd get over 99 critical is if you face enemies with a lot of LUK, since their LUK decreases your chance to crit.

Xenz

-THX
some extra question here hope u can help~
how does STR add atk for sniper?
for example, if 1 dex add 1 atk,how many str add 1 atk?
(or i shud jz max the 200luk more higher cri dmg n ignore str?)
so should i pump max str for my sniper or shud just pump vit(since no thanatos here)

i need your suggestions please,
thx-

Relics

DEX adds (DEX+(DEX/10)^2) ATK
STR adds (STR/5) ATK

You should just pump LUK, since LUK also adds (LUK/5) ATK + it has the chance to ignore def.

the only reason you'd pump STR on a sniper is if you need the extra weight-carrying boost, or you're planning to do beast strafing.
Points in VIT is ALWAYS nice (for 99/70's), which is something I'd really recommend... be wary of ice picks though.

mahawirasd

Vit (soft def) reduces crit damage...
so basically crit only bypasses armor (hard def)...

it's a HR... get 94 (or was it 97?) VIT for stun resistance /gg

LUK/5 = 1 ATK too... but really imho if it's a HR you're better off DSing your enemies to death...

-w-

Xenz

Quote from: mahawirasd on Nov 06, 2009, 08:10 AM

LUK/5 = 1 ATK too... but really imho if it's a HR you're better off DSing your enemies to death...

-w-
bug or anything?
btw 94/97 is base or?

GorthexTiger

Quote from: mahawirasd on Nov 06, 2009, 08:10 AM

-w-

Critical bypasses all VIT types (soft and hard).

Quote from: iRO Wiki
Critical Hit Rate: Your critical hit rating, which does damage that fully ignores enemy DEF, both % and pure value part. Because of difficulty of acquiring CRIT without sacrificing lots of other stats or useful cards/gears, it is recommended it is used on classes that naturally has fast ASPD one way or another. Offensive Skills do not take CRIT into account with the exception of Focused Arrow Strike. Critical Hit also ignore FLEE but not PERFECT DODGE.

The critical rate being displayed in the status window isn't the true value which is applied against monsters. The "status crit" is calculated by dividing current LUK by 3 and adding the crit bonuses from equips/cards. The real crit rate is a little different. Formula : LUK*0.3 + bonuses.

When you attack a monster or a player, the target's LUK influences your critical hit rate. Every 5 LUK that the target has, you lose 1% crit (Which isn't shown in the status window). For example if you hit Angeling, that has 100 LUK, you'll lose 100/5 = 20 crit. This crit tolerance is also known as "Crit Shield" on Doddler's monster database.

Critical is doubled when you use Katar type weapon.

Stun Resistance is dependent on the server configuration settings. Not all servers enable this.

I'd do (in order of Priority) DEX, AGI, LUK, VIT, STR, INT (always nice to have, but INT Falcon Builds are the ways of the do-do)
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Relics

I tested this before I think.. I still stunned at 94 total VIT.. but not at a total of 97.

94 VIT is like just a milisecond anyway, so you can safely assume that's enough vit.

Loki

I think the official VIT needed to nullify stun is 97. But having around 90 VIT is high enough to make Stun useless.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

mahawirasd

i am quite sure monster's VIT reduces your crit damage...

i once noticed it on my wife's LK when facing 2 monsters with similar DEF but different VIT values...
can't really recall which is which, but her crit damage is different (although it's like 1350 to 1323 because the VIT difference isn't like 100 or something)...

-w-

Relics

Lol, no..
Luk is the only stat which makes you do criticals.