[Non-Renewal] Difficulty Spotting Emperium

Started by rusko, Sep 02, 2012, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusko

Hello Guys, just signed up on the forums xD
I have a problem when i play WoE with my Assassin Cross 99/70.
Like the subject already says, i have difficulty finding the emperium and clicking on it because during WoE the emperium is always crowded with liek 30-40 people hugging the emperium. Once i find the emperium and start attacking i always get the cap, but due to the lack of my ability to find the emperium my pro like gears are a waste :P
Any suggestions / tips ?
I've already tried changing the emperium sprite to Guardian, Flag, Treasure Box, it does not help. While other Sinx's during the WoE directly rush on the emperium and start attacking it so i was wondering if there is any other way i could find the emp quickly and start attacking.xD
Much appreciated

Thoth

when I've modified mvp sprite size, it made clicking and killing them easy. however, I was not able to exchange the 3D sprite for a 2D sprite.
the original 3d sprite is huge, but has no influence over how difficult/easy it is to click.
there may be another sprite associated with it, something like a shadow on the ground that you may need to enlarge?
I'll look into this shortly

on a side not, if there is a npc style sprite in the way, you can hold shift to click the player behind it. I do not know of any method that works the other way around.

rusko

I just need a trick that counters it. It's a strategy called as "Emperium Hugging"
The emperium is surrounded by so many players that it becomes difficult to spot and attack the emperium.
I will try the shift key thing and let you know if it works.

Triper

When that happens I usually just zoom in and rotate the camera and try to click at the emp at top right of his 3d sprite.

Triper

True but is the only way that I've find to be somewhat fast to do compared to try to find the emp in a bunch of people for a bunch of secs >_>

rusko

Any more ideas on countering emp hugging ? xD

Sarin

A bit late, but one actually....since you are dedicated emperium breaker.

Try the other way around, don't enlarge emp, shrink the players :D

rusko

Thoth

shrinking the players generally changes the same files that the old grf style speedhacks do- and sets off the same anti-cheat thingies.
at least thats true for the .act files, which is much easier (at least I think so, since I already have a lua script for resizing mvps). changing the image files this way might not set those off and would need some script running through photoshop?

a great server would have all the anti-speedhack stuff in serverside delays instead of clientside junk like harmony- and so you could screw with the grf all you want. not aware of any server that does this however.

jhasp3r

thor can u please resize the emperium?.,please me also having this problem.,im new on this forum as well.,
this will help me alot and other breakers out there to fast click the emp.,if you have time.,dat is.,thanks in advance.,hoping  /ho

Thoth

Quote from: jhasp3r on Oct 30, 2012, 09:31 PM
thor can u please resize the emperium?.,please me also having this problem.,im new on this forum as well.,
this will help me alot and other breakers out there to fast click the emp.,if you have time.,dat is.,thanks in advance.,hoping  /ho
emp is a special wierd case because of the attached 3D model, so... not sure. can't tinker with this stuff anyways till I can access my home computer, which will be at least another week.

rusko

I dont think just by increasing the size of the emperium will make it easy to click it. I've tried replacing the emperium 3d model with the guardians which are obviously taller than the emperium. But, the clicking part is still the same. So i'm assuming there is some other way to be able to click it quickly

Astraeos

Toggling /snap will also allow you to easily target the Emperium with a lot of people around it.