Stalker's Choice of Skill

Started by ClothoX, Feb 24, 2007, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClothoX

Ok, recently on my server, I have been helping my friend with his stalker as we realized there is no real stalker that stands out in our server.  He decided on a sword/bow hybrid. I asked what skill is he going to plagiarize and he said Heal.
Our server is standard, max lvl 99, max stat 99 etc.

So we decided to try out pvp, his stalker vs my priest on the condition that I must not wear any armor and no marduck card and no scrolls. 

The pvp dragged out for about 40min or so.  His bow dmg was not all that great (I assume he did not max dex) plus my over-upped gears and 50 vit points.  He did about 800 with DS and 250 with normal atk. I can not holy light him since he is wearing angeling (i swear he said no scrolls on purpose >_>) He silenced me numerous times during the 40min, but because of his low dmg he can not kill me, so I run away and wait till my silence is over.  Eventually i was stripped.  It took him a very long time to find a way to kill me. I was silenced and he quickly put on his cursing armor (wraith dead card i think) and cursed me as well.  With slow movement and silenced and my ultra upped gears stripped he killed me after numerous DS.

However, 40min is a long dragged on duel, and I realize that I have pneu and heal etc but he evidently need to plagiarize a skill that can kill me in one or two shots with high dmg. We considered a few, and decided he can use scrolls to heal himself. 

Any suggestions on the skills which should be considered to be plagiarized?  :P

Myself we are considering,

Bowling Bash (very offensive, if not too much)
Storm Gust (freeze, and high dmg despite his low int)
Jupiter Thunder (pushes target back, high dmg)
Heaven's Drive (detects hide and cloak)
Venom Splasher (quite an interesting one, this is my fav trick)

Edit: you can support or bash away some of the options we are considering  :P

llxwarbirdxll

Sword:
Holy Cross-It's already endowed with the Holy property which removes the need to carry Endow
items like Cursed Water, Box Of Storm, Elemental Converters, etc. On top of that, it's a two-part
attack like Double Strafing so people attempting to dodge from it by using the Hiding/Cloaking/Chase Walk
skills wont be able to. And it also prevents Champions from using the Root skill on you.
Vanishing Slash-Because it allows you to attack and hide at the same time, it perfectly compliments
the Raid and Back Stab skills which can be casted while you're in the Hiding state(but forces you to be revealed).
Raging Trifecta Blow-When used with a Dagger weapon, it works with the Double Attack skill
and allows the user to attack at a lightning-fast speed.

Bow:
Arrow Shower- It allows the user to reveal Cloaked players from far away and proceed with thier normal attacks and it knocks back enemies.
Raging Trifecta Blow- See above.

General:
Sanctuary- It allows the user to heal Him/Herself at a very fast rate.

And all of the skills that you have posted would be very useful to your friend
but the only exception being Storm Gust because it takes a very long time to cast
even though the user has 99 dex. On top of that, it has an equally long
cast delay(5 seconds) which will leave you vulnerable to attacks.

Kurogasa

well his stats is what will be the deciding factor. If hes high int then maybe a magic skill.. if hes high dex then maybe bowling bash with carded bow... now that i think of it i dont see why shadowslash wouldnt work with a bow... quad carded with huge dex(140 plx) it would most likely be a decent skill to use in some situations. Ive calced it with a dagger but not with a bow. Would be good for when bowling bash is hindered by armor def or when you cant stand in front of the enemys offence. With shadow slash hide and backslide youd be a pain in the donkey to hit especially after striped. Gunna make my friend do this now. /gg

ClothoX

wait wait...can stalker copy ninja skill?

Kurogasa

;)

I laugh at people who cry about ninjas using icebolt.. you havent been owned til youve been owned by a instacast icebolt lvl 10 stalker doing about 4000%matk per second. Thats my friends current build.

dook

i think hes talking about a normal rate server, high rates with instacast and 4000 matk are just broken game mechanics. "wow i can spam a bolt i ownjoo!" personally i have limited experience with stalkers but lvl 1 storm gust is a good plag. u can strip while frozen and finish them off with strafe. of course marc card ruins this strategy, but most stalker builds have a distict disadvantage. also if ur hidden and pop out of nowhere ppl have little time to adjust to your strategy.

Infection

Don't forget bowling bash//mammonite ;3
sup.

Kurogasa

Quote from: dookleeto on Feb 26, 2007, 01:22 PM
i think hes talking about a normal rate server, high rates with instacast and 4000 matk are just broken game mechanics. "wow i can spam a bolt i ownjoo!" personally i have limited experience with stalkers but lvl 1 storm gust is a good plag. u can strip while frozen and finish them off with strafe. of course marc card ruins this strategy, but most stalker builds have a distict disadvantage. also if ur hidden and pop out of nowhere ppl have little time to adjust to your strategy.

I agree with you but so am I. I made a build for my friend that gets insta without godly items... also what i meant by 4000% matk is by spaming a certain skill he can drop that much damage per second
(not per atk). This is not with base stats over 99 or lvl over 99.. i dont even consider those servers. His build is basicly similar to an insta cast supernovice except without the after cast delay and with much more sp and damage avoidance/taking ability.. and that little full strip thing ^^.

I prefer being unique than doing the same thing everyone else does. Normally people dont know how to handle a build that they dont see every day. Everyone does bowling bash and storm gust. Its easy to work around at this point.

dook

how do u get instacast on a 99 server? even with 99+x dex or 2 berez cards + magic eyes and cast items i dont think its possible. you could probably get damn fast cast with both of those together though.

llxwarbirdxll

Quote from: Infection on Feb 26, 2007, 03:42 PM
Don't forget bowling bash//mammonite ;3
I've left those out of my suggestions for a reason.
1. Bowling Bash was already on her list of possible plags.
2. Her friend plays on a low/mid-rate, which means zeny isnt as easy to obtain as in an hr server.

Also... Another suggestion:
Flying Side Kick: Charge up to an enemy and has a Dispel-like effect.
Charge Attack: Same as above except without a Dispel effect,
does more damage, and allows you to attack from farther away.

ClothoX

@dookleeto

maybe he used food? i dunno, personally i would like to know how 150dex is possible for a stalker as well.

@llxwarbirdxll

yep you are definitely right, mamo takes up money and the damage isn't all that great, i rather the ninja throw money skill than mamo.

SG comes at a great cost, first of which is the cast time and second of which, if SG can't freeze then it loses large part of its usefulness (hence he does have low int).  Vanishing slash we have tried it out, surprised quite a number of people in pvp and pawned some right away  :P

Thanks for all the suggestions guys ^__^

TK's flying side kick...definitely a good attack, but i see some skill is needed to use that. gonna try  it out lol

llxwarbirdxll

No problem, I'm glad that you've found something for your friend.