[Non-Renewal] I'm a newbie Assasin and have been hunting SS card, is it worth it?

Started by ImaSinner, May 07, 2023, 12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImaSinner

I just started playing again on a low rate server and the last time I played was 2005 if I'm not mistaken, the weapon of choice that time was a triple critical jur, I already have 1 card and farming for the next but am I wasting my time?  /an

Playtester

Crit build is very fun but it's not the most efficient build as skills can't do critical hits.

The upside of the build is that it's versatile and easy to play. You can pretty much go anywhere since you don't need to worry about race, element or defense of the enemy you are fighting. For a casual player, it's quite a fun build.

Blinzer

fastest way to level is to mob vanberks with grimtooth, seals are ok too

there was one more but i don't remember, been too long since i played vanilla

Aikuzo1

Quote from: ImaSinner on May 07, 2023, 12:00 AM
I just started playing again on a low rate server and the last time I played was 2005 if I'm not mistaken, the weapon of choice that time was a triple critical jur, I already have 1 card and farming for the next but am I wasting my time?

It completely depend on the server. My best tip is to ask on discord or pm some of the well known assassins/farmer about your plan whether it's good or not. Those guys went through trial and error already on that PARTICULAR SERVER that you're playing and will tell you tips on what to do and what to avoid.

monkeyblood

Typically crit sins are weaker than every other build if it is a vanilla server. But like previously stated in the thread they are easy to play and can level anywhere.

That being said I typically gravitate towards a sidewinder jamadhar or ele dama + carded MG. Or Grimtooth mob like they said in seals or vanberks with a carded jur/infil if available. Also if the server has chick hat I would 100% pick up an ele katar. Otherwise unfortunately I would say crit sin is the weakest option and slowest leveler even being as well balanced as it is. It will always be more efficient to gear towards killing one specific monster extremely fast than to do OK damage to a lot of different ones. So if you get bored fast then crit would be good. But if you grind then I would specialize a weapon towards a specific monster and just no life it then do other stuff once high level.

Also there are specific situations like if you can level in GH with a priest with good crit gear then that is a solid option. It is always situational. But the best answer is DO WHAT IS FUN FOR YOU!

OrcLordDaddy

Hmm, as Double Attack cannot be toggled off on most servers, that means you job changed earlier as well, so you can never make use of flexible builds either.

Crit sure is fun with the right equipment, and if you want fun then sure go for it.

Damage wise though (also depends on the scenario pvm / pvp) Dual Dagger would outdamage it easily and can also swap to Katars.

While on a Crit Sin you would never take Double Attack unless the server has it as a toggle or if the server changed it so Crits work with DA.