full srtip

Started by greg0906, Sep 30, 2008, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg0906

how can i have an effective fullstrip? what stats should i rise? nid help badly :(

When You'r Sad, I'll Comfort You.
When You'r In Trouble, I'll Protect You.
When You'r Lonely, I'll Be Here For You. Always...

get full chemical protection~ =3
its a creator skill ^^

it'll make you immune to strip ~

fluidin

He was asking for an effective full strip, not a counter.

Ahaha, but yes, teh counter effectively renders that skill ultimately useless, so I don't recommend basing your stats and character around that skill.

For your answer, just get as high a DEX value as possible.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

greg0906

is dex the only way? cuz i got 99 dex but my full strip still isnt very effective

When You'r Sad, I'll Comfort You.
When You'r In Trouble, I'll Protect You.
When You'r Lonely, I'll Be Here For You. Always...

~~T~~

Hide, Change gear to DEX gear, then proceed to Strip, when sucefull, just change back to normal gear.
Almost aways it is 50%+, aways use that box that give Concentration, it give you a little more chance to insta strip someone.

Poki

Dex doesn't increase strip chance. It's a fixed 15% strip chance.

~~T~~

Quote from: Poki on Oct 01, 2008, 11:01 AM
Dex doesn't increase strip chance. It's a fixed 15% strip chance.
Uhhh... Yep...

Quote from: fluidin on Oct 01, 2008, 04:19 AM
He was asking for an effective full strip, not a counter.

lmao must stop posting when im sleepy and about to go to bed T_T

Pandora

Pretty sure Dex plays a role in stripping, your dex is compared to the dex of the person you're trying to strip, or at least it used to be like that.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

~~T~~

Quote from: Pandora on Oct 01, 2008, 06:59 PM
Pretty sure Dex plays a role in stripping, your dex is compared to the dex of the person you're trying to strip, or at least it used to be like that.
It affects all the Stripping abilities but Full Strip, at least that I remember.

fluidin

O.o really? I used to remember my full DEX gypsy laughing at Stalkers trying to Full Strip me to no avail, but sometimes when I forgot to reset back after WoE, with my 1 DEX build, I would go into PvP and get Full Stripped straightaway.

Any explanations? It has happened more than once, definitely not a coincidence. Maybe a hidden value/factor?
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Chimichanga

I've played stalker and yes, dex does matter. The reason why you failed was probably b/c you were using it on a char that was a dex class. Snipers+gypsies and clowns are practically unstrippable. The more dex an opponent has, the lower chance the stripper has.

Poki

That doesn't make sense, I've been running around as a stalker with 1 DEX (Which makes me an awesome stalker) and I strip snipers and gypsy easily.  Dex isn't even mentioned on the skill:

Rogue strip:

Effect: On player in PVP: Takes equipped weapon off player and prevents a reequip of ANY weapon for a certain time. On monster: reduces Attack by 25% for skill's duration. Chemical Protection avoids this skill. Success Chance is (5+2*SkillLV)%.

Level   Description:
1   7% Chance
2   9% Chance
3   11% Chance
4   13% Chance
5   15% Chance

Stalker Strip:

Effect: On player in PVP: Takes equipped weapon, shield, armor and helm off player and prevents a reequip of ANY weapon, shield, armor and helm for a certain time. On monster: reduces Attack by 10% and DEF by 30% for the skill's duration. Full Chemical Protection counters this skill. Success Chance is (5+2*SkillLV)%.

Level   Description:
1   7% Chance
2   9% Chance
3   11% Chance
4   13% Chance
5   15% Chance

However, I do remember DEX having an effect before, but it was updated so that it was a fix percentage against a player knowing that you can get a whopping 160 DEX.

By the way, I supported my proof as a player of a stalker why DEX does not have anything to do with the skill strip. In any case, there's too many people who aren't keeping up with RO, a lot of people are still stuck with the old times, haha.

But it does irritate me when I read comments saying my stalker sucks because I have 1 DEX. Aside from that, I can clearly state, I PLAY TEH STALKARSz.

EDIT: Oh it would totally suck if I was wrong all along and the skill description had lied to me for a while.  On the other hand, I must be pretty darn lucky against these snipers and gypsies with 130+ DEX.