Rate my Paladin Build!

Started by Lore, Sep 21, 2008, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lore

I was toying around abit with some simulators and I thought up this funky new paladin build. I tried to mix a Sac/Pressure build and have a few shield skills for kicks. It's very rough though so don't rip me to shreds

Here it is:
Str 72+10
Agi 29+11
Vit 77+13
Int 30+13
Dex 70+9

HP Recovery 10
Sword Mastery 10
Bash 10
Magnum Break 10
Provoke 5
Endure 5

Pressure 3
Sacrifice 5
Devotion 3
Heal 8

Faith 10
Divine Protection 3
Demon Bane 5
Grand Cross 4
Holy Cross 6

AutoGuard 5
Shield Charge 3
Shield Boomerang 3
Shield Reflect 5
Defender 3

So I figure this kind of pally would be a decent hybrid with Sac and Shield to use in PVP. His heal kinda sucks, but at least it exists and he can throw a few pressures around!

What do you think? I tried to make him well-rounded, but he might just end up sucking at everything. Adjustments are welcome.

Sarin

sucking at everything, that's right. Shield skills require 120 str total to be effective, sacrifice needs maxed vit and specialized equipment to be useful...etc...

Lore

Quote from: Sarin on Sep 21, 2008, 12:19 PM
sucking at everything, that's right. Shield skills require 120 str total to be effective, sacrifice needs maxed vit and specialized equipment to be useful...etc...

Urk! Recommended remedy? I'd like to keep it similar to this with Sac Damage first and Pressure second. Do you think i should kill off the str for more vit and int?

Sarin

a bit of str, int and dex, totally maxed vit, hp oriented equip and lots of agi. Standard sacri pally.

tigrexskullshl

For paladin build, if u are intrested in Sacrifice (Matyr's recokning), you will need high Vit since the Dmg based on your max HP and cards modifier. In order to be more deadly,you will need high agi, so the opponent wont have a chance to use their potion. So the stat should be Sgi and vit. Dex is required because it will be funny if your attack misses while you still lose your HP but you don't need a high dex, because Pressure(Gloria Domini) cannot be interupted. The only way to avoid it is only spell breaker, while pneuma etc won't have any effect.SO you won't need high dex. Try this VIT 99,AGI 80 and Dex 50++. in this type you will only use Pressure and Sacrifice. And please do not attemp to add int or str in this build because it will ruin the build itself heheh

Sarin

If this is your hobby, cemetery is next door.

Nithalm

Pure sacrefice build. 99 VIT, 90-99 AGI. Rest STR for Weight capacity.

Pure Pressure build.(Good for other things to!!!) 90-99 DEX, 90-99 VIT, rest STR.

By anything lower then 80 DEX, any (better) player with hide clip, can outhide the Pressure.
On sacrefice build a player have like...... 3, 4 , 5 seconds to push that button.
In terms of being usefull, go VIT, DEX, and not just for Pressure, but for Devotion.
Devotion is Paladins best skill.(in PvP/WoE) Prepare potions, and devote a Wizard or so.
Pressure is very good on Champions. It also suck their SP, decreasing their Asura damage.
Avoid INT, if you play in any server with higher item drop rate then 3 x. Learn to spam SP items.

Sarin

speaking of paladin builds, I'd like to note that episode 12 made shieldchain builds effective once again with cross shield, I've been playing with simulators a bit and made an interesting build I haven't got to test "in vivo" yet.
stats are (in total, no bless/agi): str 120, dex 80, rest vit. HP 20k etc etc...
skills are hybrid shieldchain/pressure/devotion, interesting fact is there were no skillpoints left for riding, so it's a footman.

Aozora

the problem with that build is the actual purpose of it. It's a hybrid and you seeem like you'd want to do a bit of everything, some shield skills, some ehaling, some sword skills, preessure, devo in the end you'll be half decent doing everything but can't do anything well. Your build faces the same probles that every hybrid builds has, you jsut simply can't do everything. It's far more beneficial to specialize in something and build yourself accordingly than try to do everything.

Let's look at the build, none of your stats hit 80 base even, you have too much STR, unless you're going for increase carrying capacity you should get STR so that you can divide the amount with 10. Since each ten is a breakpoint for STR at which point you damage increases quite a bit. Buffing those two extra points in STR got uyou very very little benefits with a lot of used up points.

Then you buff 29 AGI? Wasn't your build supposed to be pressure ceneterd with shield skills? ASPD has very minimal effect on both of their spamming speeds and onyl decreases the animation delay slightly making the whole stat quite useless unless you're planning to melee.

Then you have 70 DEX for cast time I assume, but the only skills that actually require cast time from your build are GC and pressure. GC won't be effective with that low INT and pressure isn't maxed out, soyou preform poorly on pressure spam. And as it was said 70 DEX isn't enough for a good cast time.

You're trying to support with devo and be offensive with pressure at the same time, that just doesn't work. Devotion evne more blurs the line on what your role is supposed to be, are you going to stay back and devote your party? But you only have level three deovtion. So should you then stepp forward and attack? But your offensive skills aren't maxed out. Should you tank? Your tanking skills aren't maxed.

To put it short your build is just way too broad, you're trying to be an offensiveshieldpressuresupportpaladin. Take few things to specialize on don't try to do everything since you will never find a good build to do everything.